Project Platinum: Final Fantasy

Rebourne07

10 hours ago, viech54 said:

The entire sheet, all tables, is empty for me.

9 hours ago, sully917 said:

Me too, anything that would update is empty

FML this is what I was afraid of. The scripts that pull data from oYazmat's database are unreliable for who knows what reason. @viech54 and @sully917 go to the sheet and try refreshing the page a few times to see if it'll work like that. It should not require that, but if it does fix it I need to know. 

There's an alternate way of collecting the data with Google Forms that works 100% of the time, but then we'd miss out on the awesome UI of the ffchecklist site and I don't wanna do that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

FML this is what I was afraid of. The scripts that pull data from oYazmat's database are unreliable for who knows what reason. @viech54 and @sully917 go to the sheet and try refreshing the page a few times to see if it'll work like that. It should not require that, but if it does fix it I need to know. 

There's an alternate way of collecting the data with Google Forms that works 100% of the time, but then we'd miss out on the awesome UI of the ffchecklist site and I don't wanna do that. 

hmm

Guess I'll need to investigate that

In the mean time, is there a way to implement some kind of fallback? for example, if data is not pulled (empty or error) don't update the sheet ? (We can move this discussion to private if needed)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

The data is back for me.

19 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

hmm

Guess I'll need to investigate that

In the mean time, is there a way to implement some kind of fallback? for example, if data is not pulled (empty or error) don't update the sheet ? (We can move this discussion to private if needed)

It's not a problem with your data. If I go to the json links they show up correctly every time. It's something with the App Script functions that I built and embedded into the sheet. It's like they lose "permission" to access a link of any kind randomly and the fix is just for me to delete and retype them...which is complete garbage. @Hitman_Spinksy1 suggested refreshing the page and that seems to do the same as deleting/retyping and its an accessible option to anyone even viewers...I just HATE that its necessary. It should just work, it's something unreliable on Google's end.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

It's not a problem with your data. If I go to the json links they show up correctly every time. It's something with the App Script functions that I built and embedded into the sheet. It's like they lose "permission" to access a link of any kind randomly and the fix is just for me to delete and retype them...which is complete garbage. @Hitman_Spinksy1 suggested refreshing the page and that seems to do the same as deleting/retyping and its an accessible option to anyone even viewers...I just HATE that its necessary. It should just work, it's something unreliable on Google's end.

Or we can add the leaderboard to the website... (but that requires a lot of development 😅)

4 minutes ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Now when I look it's like this, even after refreshing 

rU194Bb.jpeg

nDTt861.jpeg

Like it's loading but can't retrieve the data

That's what happens to me sometimes (yeah even reloading does not fix it)

But well, it's still new, few bugs to fix :D be patient everyone ;D

Edited by oYazmat
  • Like 2

I occasionally get an empty spreadsheet with N/A in the top line, but i check again later and it works.
I also do get the bug you're experiencing though every time, rankings for 6th onwards do show up but Completions beyond 5th never do.

ok, I've got the setup mostly complete. I just need more people to sign up to be able to test and iron out kinks. I know y'all are sick of checking checkboxes lol but I really appreciate your patience. Please fill out the new checklist and then check the Leaderboard. If everything goes according to plan you should see your data immediately and not have any issues with blank sheets. 

New Checklist

Leaderboard

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

ok, I've got the setup mostly complete. I just need more people to sign up to be able to test and iron out kinks. I know y'all are sick of checking checkboxes lol but I really appreciate your patience. Please fill out the new checklist and then check the Leaderboard. If everything goes according to plan you should see your data immediately and not have any issues with blank sheets. 

New Checklist

Leaderboard

Filled out the form, says I have 0 games completed. Might just take a while, IDK. How do I update my completions in the future? Fill out the form again?

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Filled out the form, says I have 0 games completed. Might just take a while, IDK. How do I update my completions in the future? Fill out the form again?

Thank you! That helped me find a bug. It's now fixed and the sheet should auto-update for the next up-to 300 users. And just bookmark the google form link and when you complete a new game just check that game. All your progress is saved in the form so you wont have to fill it out again, just update your response.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sagurot said:

I quickly signed up before work :) Hope it helps (i didn't have any games to check yet though, but i did fill in the username).

Thanks for all the work you're doing!

k thanks

fml the above confirmed something for me so tomorrow things will be running. I wanted it to be tonight but I promise by end of day tomorrow this'll be setup perfectly. 

EDIT: K, got Completions and Score and the Leaderboard tabs working! Finally those should be stable! No one should have any more issues with those. If you do, tell me please. I'll fix the badges tab tomorrow. 

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

k thanks

fml the above confirmed something for me so tomorrow things will be running. I wanted it to be tonight but I promise by end of day tomorrow this'll be setup perfectly. 

EDIT: K, got Completions and Score and the Leaderboard tabs working! Finally those should be stable! No one should have any more issues with those. If you do, tell me please. I'll fix the badges tab tomorrow. 

Thanks for all your hard work. There seems to be an issue where exiting users are removed. Right now, there's these 5:

Rebourne07

PepeNabelsi

Hitman_Spinksy1

Bromic_LaMonte

RomKiP

There were more participants a few hours ago.

Edited by viech54

6 hours ago, viech54 said:

Thanks for all your hard work. There seems to be an issue where exiting users are removed. Right now, there's these 5:

Rebourne07

PepeNabelsi

Hitman_Spinksy1

Bromic_LaMonte

RomKiP

There were more participants a few hours ago.

That’s my bad. One time issue that I figured out. I messaged others about it that filled it out but forgot to message you. Fill it out one final time, I promise it should stick this time. Sorry about that. 

On 3/9/2024 at 2:49 AM, Rebourne07 said:

Done with badges. Now the whole Leaderboard should be solid. If everything stays smooth through the weekend with new people signing up I'll update the main post. Thanks guys!

@Rebourne07 Looks great! one small, tiny tiny thing, I've been given the 'Most Popular' badge on the leaderboard but hadn't selected OG7, unless it's been changed to include remake, I shouldn't have that one (yet)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sully917 said:

@Rebourne07 Looks great! one small, tiny tiny thing, I've been given the 'Most Popular' badge on the leaderboard but hadn't selected OG7, unless it's been changed to include remake, I shouldn't have that one (yet)

And yeah, the Most Popular badge is set to require either OG VII or Remake, and X and XV. So if you have remake then you’re good :) 

• Like 1