The Destroyer easy way with 2 controllers

XotreX

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 4:31 PM, XotreX said:

If you have PS+, your second account will have access to online.

On 7/24/2022 at 2:46 PM, AvengedEvil said:

Thanks for this tip. This saved me a lot of time and frustration. 1f44d.png

I am trying this now, but when I try to get into online it tells the 2nd account that it needs to purchase PS+. My main one has it. Could this have been changed in the last month, just since AvengedEvil did it?!

EDIT: I just realised the reason this wasn't working for me was because my PS4 was not my primary one.

Edited by iansm3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

So, if i already have K.O. i'm out of luck?

Not sure. But if you've followed the instructions above without success, that may be the case. You can always test with a blank save file or an alt account to see if both pop.

Nope, doesn't work. Does it make a difference if i play online or offline, and if Player 2 moves or not? The guide here talks about rubberbanding the controller, but if cars hit walls in that mode, the health depletes just too quickly to hit them in time.

Hopefully i got "Referral Bonus" by myself with just 2 controllers (and 6 AIs) so i'll only have two trophies to worry about... i don't think i'll get them anyway.

Edited by Lance_87

On 2/10/2023 at 6:51 AM, Lance_87 said:

Nope, doesn't work. Does it make a difference if i play online or offline, and if Player 2 moves or not? The guide here talks about rubberbanding the controller, but if cars hit walls in that mode, the health depletes just too quickly to hit them in time.

Hopefully i got "Referral Bonus" by myself with just 2 controllers (and 6 AIs) so i'll only have two trophies to worry about... i don't think i'll get them anyway.

I did exactly what was outlined by OP above. Online + player 2's R2 trigger rubber-banded. Castle Funfair track and I did this on PS5, if that helps.

It took me two tries, as my timing was off for the first attempt. Let P2 rub against the wall to bring down their health, but you have to creep behind them so you're not too far away to smash them when their health is low enough.

If you think it may not be popping because you already have the K.O. trophy, my personal approach would be to back up my save, delete the save locally, then try for both again using this method on a blank save file. If that still doesn't pop them, then either something is being done incorrectly, or this glitch is completely random and I got lucky. Let's hope it's not the latter, but if it is I've got nothing left to add.

Nope, still unobtainable that way. I guess my only way will be either boosting going singleplayer (which is still a PITA from what i've seen in video tutorials)

But hey, at least it's the only one missing now, as i've just obtained "Seeing Double" by self-boosting :D

EDIT: nevermind just got it through boosting! Thank you StandSilent! Now i've the Platinum, too. We both had 2 controllers/profiles, but i got the trophy after hitting only TWO cars. Then the other player got the trophy, too.

Edited by Lance_87

• 2 months later...

I can confirm that this still works. It took me a few tries however - it might need a game/console restart if it doesn't work on first few tries (I got the trophy on the second session trying this method).

Trophy popped on The Marina, I hit the second player/controller when it was very low on health - like 3hp.

In my experience trophy is bugged also in bad way - I directly destroyed 3 opponents car in a single offline game with the AI and I didn't get the trophy.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I can confirm this still works. Did it right now on my first try. Max players 2, 0 AI and I made sure I made the final hit on the second controller car. Got The Destroyer which was the last trophy I needed. Thank you

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...