What are your top 10 non-PlayStation games?

ZitMeatloaf

7 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Oh the Gamecube version I think is the best version of them all, I also have it. I think it came with Twighlight Princess but in limited numbers.

That sounds right, I think a limited number were pressed and included with Twilight Princess special editions.

Just going to list specific series and some - but not all - of my favorite individual games from each to keep things simpler for me. lol

Spoiler

Donkey Kong -

Donkey Kong Country, 64, Returns, and Tropical Freeze

Metroid -

Super, Fusion, Samus Returns, and Dread for the mainline series; Prime and Echoes for the Prime series

Pokémon -

FireRed/LeafGreen, Emerald, Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Sun/Moon, and maybe Legends: Arceus

Super Mario -

Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, 3D World, and Odyssey

The Legend of Zelda - 

Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess for the 3D games; The Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, and A Link Between Worlds for the 2D games

Absolute favorites for each series are the ones in italics - or bold and italics, if distinguishing between specific subseries -, just to be clear.

Haven't played a lot of non-Nintendo stuff outside of PlayStation, obviously. lol

Out of these The Legend of Zelda is definitely my favorite video game and entertainment franchise period, and Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time.

10 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Oh the Gamecube version I think is the best version of them all, I also have it. I think it came with Twighlight Princess but in limited numbers.

I believe that you're thinking of Collector's Edition, which also included the first two games in the series and Ocarina of Time.

It was released before Twilight Princess, and how it was obtained depended on the region (i.e Club Nintendo, packaged with some Nintendo GameCube consoles, etc.).

That version of Majora's Mask is also likely the worst as it has numerous sound and visual problems not present in other versions of the game due to poor emulation.

Edited by Zephrese

4 hours ago, CobraMJD said:

Prey was released for PS4, is it a diferent game?

There is Call of Juarez on PS3.

There was a Prey released in 2006 that's different from the more recent one. Only released on PC & Xbox 360.

Call of Juarez is another title that's only on PC & Xbox 360. PS3 does have the other 3 games in the series though; Bound in Blood, The Cartel, and Gunslinger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EverythingOnFire said:

There was a Prey released in 2006 that's different from the more recent one. Only released on PC & Xbox 360.

Call of Juarez is another title that's only on PC & Xbox 360. PS3 does have the other 3 games in the series though; Bound in Blood, The Cartel, and Gunslinger.

Thanks for the info.

Didn't know was a different Prey and didn't know there was a Call of Juarez before the BiB.

It's like many people didn't know RDR1 is actually Red Dead Revolver for PS2.

8 hours ago, CobraMJD said:

Thanks for the info.

Didn't know was a different Prey and didn't know there was a Call of Juarez before the BiB.

It's like many people didn't know RDR1 is actually Red Dead Revolver for PS2.

No problem. ?

Both are great games BTW, especially Prey. Highly recommend both! Pretty much any computer with any graphics card from the last 15 years can run both games well, and you can get them for extremely cheap. Prey's been delisted from Steam though due to music copyright BS, but you can find a working Steam copy on nearly every grey-market store for like $2-$3.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EverythingOnFire said:

Both are great games BTW, especially Prey. Highly recommend both! Pretty much any computer with any graphics card from the last 15 years can run both games well, and you can get them for extremely cheap. Prey's been delisted from Steam though due to music copyright BS, but you can find a working Steam copy on nearly every grey-market store for like $2-$3.

If you have an Xbox 360, One, or Series X/S, you can play the original (2006) Prey game there as well.  You may be able to still find a physical version, but it's also available digitally, at least it is through the U.S. store.  It's not always cheap ($20 U.S.), but it occasionally drops to $4, more often if you're an Xbox Live Gold member.  This year it's been discounted once a month so it might be due for a sale in June.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaisyVilla102 said:

If you have an Xbox 360, One, or Series X/S, you can play the original (2006) Prey game there as well.  You may be able to still find a physical version, but it's also available digitally, at least it is through the U.S. store.  It's not always cheap ($20 U.S.), but it occasionally drops to $4, more often if you're an Xbox Live Gold member.  This year it's been discounted once a month so it might be due for a sale in June.

That's interesting that it hasn't been delisted on Xbox (that's actually where I first played both it and Call of Juarez). I recently noticed that with Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project as well (another that's long been delisted on Steam). Must be contractual differences or something.

That's one area where I will give props to Microsoft. They still have a ton of digital gen7 games that have haven't been on PSN in ages. I bought both Bejeweled 2 and Shadows of the Damned through my 360 not too long ago.

• Like 1

For Nintendo Switch, these are my top 10.

1.Super Mario Odyssey

2.Pokemon Sword

3.Pokemon Brilliant Diamond

4. Xenoblade Chronicles 1

5. Xenoblade Chronicles 2

6. Splatoon 2

7. Super Smash Bros Ultimate

8. Dragon Quest 11

9. Kirby Star Allies

and 10. Bravery Default II

• Like 2

On 6/11/2022 at 1:15 AM, Zephrese said:

Just going to list specific series and some - but not all - of my favorite individual games from each to keep things simpler for me. lol

Reveal hidden contents

Donkey Kong -

Donkey Kong Country, 64, Returns, and Tropical Freeze

Metroid -

Super, Fusion, Samus Returns, and Dread for the mainline series; Prime and Echoes for the Prime series

Pokémon -

FireRed/LeafGreen, Emerald, Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Sun/Moon, and maybe Legends: Arceus

Super Mario -

Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, 3D World, and Odyssey

The Legend of Zelda - 

Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess for the 3D games; The Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, and A Link Between Worlds for the 2D games

Absolute favorites for each series are the ones in italics - or bold and italics, if distinguishing between specific subseries -, just to be clear.

Haven't played a lot of non-Nintendo stuff outside of PlayStation, obviously. lol

Out of these The Legend of Zelda is definitely my favorite video game and entertainment franchise period, and Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time.

I believe that you're thinking of Collector's Edition, which also included the first two games in the series and Ocarina of Time.

It was released before Twilight Princess, and how it was obtained depended on the region (i.e Club Nintendo, packaged with some Nintendo GameCube consoles, etc.).

That version of Majora's Mask is also likely the worst as it has numerous sound and visual problems not present in other versions of the game due to poor emulation.

You are correct, Mine has a black split cover. The emulation is fine though I think, maybe I just like the controller. The Wii version is also ok but the switch version, well it's fixed now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Z1MZUM said:

You are correct, Mine has a black split cover. The emulation is fine though I think, maybe I just like the controller. The Wii version is also ok but the switch version, well it's fixed now.

Playing Majora's Mask - or just any game in general, really - with the GameCube controller is great, I can't argue with you there. lol

Man, that's kind of hard. Xbox 360 is when I played the most but I'm realizing that most games I played that gen were cross-platform. I was never a big Halo or Gears of War fan. Part of the reason I switched to PS5 this generation was the lack of Xbox exclusives up to this point.

1. Super Mario Galaxy
  2. Super Mario Odyssey
  3. Banjo-Kazooie
  4. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  5. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  6. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
  7. Forza Horizon series
  8. Project Gotham Racing 2
  9. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  10. Crackdown
  • Like 2