Trophy Thoughts

Markemmanuel

10 minutes ago, Multi_Tasking said:

From the timestamps on those, I'm betting they aren't legit. They got mutally assured 3 minutes before final girl. 

Thing not mentioned yet for hard pass.

Eliza has a crow, mentions the crow follows the wolves. 

There's a crow you can find in Chapter 1, and you can hear them in other chapters. Haven't been able to find any others. 

Trophy image is also a crow. 

Possible but with how pc can have dozens of saves they can copy paste into the folder its possible they optimise hard. If it wasn’t legit they’d prob have the 100%

Just now, Thaerick said:

Possible but with how pc can have dozens of saves they can copy paste into the folder its possible they optimise hard. If it wasn’t legit they’d prob have the 100%

They're probably dragging it out to look more legitimate not realizing that is not achievable/unknown at this point. 

Sure they could optimize, but mutually assured is end of ch 9 into the eliza scene. Start ch10 with one character for his full scene since he can't be dead at that point. Then the final bit of kaitlyn which takes more than 3 minutes for that scene to play out. It doesn't add up. 

1 minute ago, Multi_Tasking said:

They're probably dragging it out to look more legitimate not realizing that is not achievable/unknown at this point. 

Sure they could optimize, but mutually assured is end of ch 9 into the eliza scene. Start ch10 with one character for his full scene since he can't be dead at that point. Then the final bit of kaitlyn which takes more than 3 minutes for that scene to play out. It doesn't add up. 

Someone on psn actually has it now. They got it at the end of ch8. Which changes many theories. 

5 minutes ago, Thaerick said:

Someone on psn actually has it now. They got it at the end of ch8. Which changes many theories. 

That makes it make even less sense or pushes that it is glitched out and should be awarded for "moving on" once or missing the cards on a chapter. 

They were still on their first playthrough and used her vision at the end of the prologue? Just to get it after Ch. 8 on an all characters survive true end run?

22 minutes ago, Multi_Tasking said:

That makes it make even less sense or pushes that it is glitched out and should be awarded for "moving on" once or missing the cards on a chapter. 

They were still on their first playthrough and used her vision at the end of the prologue? Just to get it after Ch. 8 on an all characters survive true end run?

Hopefully he’ll join the discussion and clear things up. But unlocking early as a glitch does make sense, but I woulda thought it’d be more common if that was the case. 

Unfortunately the profile shows that they have never posted anything and haven't been signed in since February 27, 2016 so there's a good chance that they won't ever respond. Honestly might be easier to try contacting Supermassive and find out if it's actually legitimately possible to earn or if it's glitched.

Edited by duboiszack

4 hours ago, Multi_Tasking said:

From the timestamps on those, I'm betting they aren't legit. They got mutally assured 3 minutes before final girl. 

Thing not mentioned yet for hard pass.

Eliza has a crow, mentions the crow follows the wolves. 

There's a crow you can find in Chapter 1, and you can hear them in other chapters. Haven't been able to find any others. 

Trophy image is also a crow. 

That could be a coincidence 

What if it’s not glitched. I thought it was at first too. What if it’s something so simple no one has thought of it. 

40 minutes ago, Spartaruckus said:

I have done a full move on and a 0 cards playthrough and no trophy. Wouldn't be the first time a trophy was glitched. 

For peanut butter pops I set my combat encounters to auto and got the trophy that way in an everyone lives playthrough 

You set you combat encounters to auto? I thought people were saying we had to manually aim? I guess I'll see on one of my future runs. 

Looking at the person who has it here, assuming it isn't glitched and there did a continuous playthrough when it popped with no reload, they did this as well along the way:

- Got first clue in the prologue.

- Got their first Tarot reading in the prologue.

- Collected their first piece of evidence in Chapter 1.

- Found a matching clue in Chapter 2.

- Took the fastest route to Nick in Chapter 3.

- Activated their 15th interrupt in Chapter 4.

- Saved a friend from infection in Chapter 5.

- Listened to a Podcast in Chapter 7.

- Got HARD PASS 20 seconds before the Chapter 8 trophy. Because it was 20 seconds before, is it a some sort of scene that happens right near the end of Chapter 8, just before it finishes??

Things that happened after that may affect something if earlier decisions affect these (no idea as haven't played yet):

- In Chapter 9, they accepted the Bite of a Werewolf.

- In Chapter 9, they got Laura and Travis to work together.

- This was their 'Collect all evidence' playthrough.

- They killed Silas.

- They killed all the Hackett's.

- They kept 'everyone alive' on this Same playthrough.

Does anything above mean anything to anyone...no idea to me as Ive only played the game for 5 minutes, but that is everything I pieced together that the only obtainee here had done during the playthrough they popped Hard Pass. And as mentioned, this assumes no save backups were used or New Game restarts as I can't be sure of that, all I'm looking at are trophy stamps.

Hopefully somebody can figure something out from that.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Looking at the person who has it here, assuming it isn't glitched and there did a continuous playthrough when it popped with no reload, they did this as well along the way:

- Got first clue in the prologue.

- Got their first Tarot reading in the prologue.

- Collected their first piece of evidence in Chapter 1.

- Found a matching clue in Chapter 2.

- Took the fastest route to Nick in Chapter 3.

- Activated their 15th interrupt in Chapter 4.

- Saved a friend from infection in Chapter 5.

- Listened to a Podcast in Chapter 7.

- Got Hard Pass 20 seconds before the Chapter 8 trophy. Because it was 20 seconds before, is it a scene that happens right at the end of Chapter 8, just before it finishes??

Things that happened after that may affect something if earlier decisions affect these (no idea as haven't played yet):

- In Chapter 9, they accepted the Bite of a Werewolf.

- In Chapter 9, they got Laura and Travis to work together.

- This was their 'Collect all evidence' playthrough.

- They killed Silas.

- They killed all the Hackett's.

- They kept 'everyone alive' on this Same playthrough.

Does anything above mean anything to anyone...no idea to me as Ive only played the game for 5 minutes, but that is everything I pieced together that the only obtainee here had done during the playthrough they popped Hard Pass. And as mentioned, this assumes no save backups were used or New Game restarts as I can't be sure of that, all I'm looking at are trophy stamps.

Hopefully somebody can figure something out from that.

What this means is that it is unlocked during the outro scene of Chapter 8 aka when Eliza is speaking to you about the tarot cards.

(I hunt cheevos on PC now because im not spending 700 dollars atm for a PS5).

No one on PC has obtained legit. The only people that have it used SAM (Steam achievement manager)

Edited by What_R_Trophies
  • Like 1

Just now, What_R_Trophies said:

What this means is that it is unlocked during the outro scene of Chapter 8 aka when Eliza is speaking to you about the tarot cards.

Absolutely no idea to me, guess that tells us then that it is something to do with that, a specific part of that scene you need to trigger.....

Anything else you can make out from those other variables I mentioned that were likely done during the same playthrough, what they could mean.

Assuming not glitched of course and no replays from the obtainee 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Absolutely no idea to me, guess that tells us then that it is something to do with that, a specific part of that scene you need to trigger.....

Anything else you can make out from those other variables I mentioned that were likely done during the same playthrough, what they could mean.

Assuming not glitched of course and no replays from the obtainee 

I’ve done some heavy testing like 40 hours worth I’ve done basically everything possible and it’s not unlocked. There’s nothing that stands out from the person who has it it’s a really standard save everyone + all evidence play through. I reckon it’s the day 1 patch that’s broken it. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Dav_In said:

Did you try without the day one patch ?

Nope this is the one game I bought digital ? i wish I was exaggerating but all my friends bought it digitally too. The person who got the trophy seems to only play single player games looks like they might have periods without internet possibly as well it could most definitely be the patch that’s broken it. Its not all that uncommon for day one patches to do harm rather than good.

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

I’ve done some heavy testing like 40 hours worth I’ve done basically everything possible and it’s not unlocked. There’s nothing that stands out from the person who has it it’s a really standard save everyone + all evidence play through. I reckon it’s the day 1 patch that’s broken it. 

I guess one way to be sure is do you actually remember some dialogue in that Tarot outtro at the end of Chapter 8 where you specifically refuse Eliza's help???

Because if you have seen dialogue in that Chapter 8 outtro where you refuse her help, then yea, definitely seems bugged because you refused her help but no trophy.....

I have no idea what happens in that scene, but across all your hours, do you recall what happens in that Chapter 8 outtro and if you experience any dialogue indicating that you refused her help??

EDIT:

The obtainee, popped the trophy at the dialogue choice at the end of Chapter 8, that's 20 seconds before the Chapter 8 trophy pops. I just checked the scene in a video.

At this point, Elize asks if you want to 'See More' or 'Move On'.

I guess the 'See More' is maybe to accept her help and the 'Move On' is to refuse it.

So yea, maybe does looks bugged as all you need to do to pop it perhaps is to Move On at that part and not See More.

I'm guessing to See More is too ask for help as it looks like that

Edited by Optinooby

11 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I guess one way to be sure is do you actually remember some dialogue in that Tarot outtro at the end of Chapter 8 where you specifically refuse Eliza's help???

Because if you have seen dialogue in that Chapter 8 outtro where you refuse her help, then yea, definitely seems bugged because you refused her help but no trophy.....

I have no idea what happens in that scene, but across all your hours, do you recall what happens in that Chapter 8 outtro and if you experience any dialogue indicating that you refused her help??

Hey so whenever you’re speaking to Eliza there’s no actual interact able dialogue (hopefully that makes sense), as in you don’t speak to her only she speaks to you (as the player breaking the 4th wall). I’ve always had the same dialogue every play through. She only adds an extra line of dialogue usually getting angry at you saying you’re not helping her and she can’t help you IF you don’t find her cards during that chapter. Other than that every single time no matter what it’s the same dialogue. The ending is always the same. If we go under the assumption that the patch broke then the only thing I can think of is this:

1.You get a card from a previous chapter which shows you how to save a character in that chapter but you ignore it and let them die.

2. For whatever reason the trophy unlocks at the end of chapter 8 anyways without patch 

3. The player with the trophy had the trophy for seeing a card vision maybe they saw all visions and then eventually declined one? The gap between the trophies for hard pass and complete chapter 8 is perfect for this theory because you get an extra line of dialogue from her every time you choose to move on usually saying something along the lines of well I could have helped you but I guess you don’t want it anyways goodbye and keep an eye out for my cards then black screen and chapter 8 trophy. (This is something I’ve tested with the patch but assuming supermassive kept their pattern and broke the trophy with their patch the timing is absolutely perfect), the hard pass trophy would pop instantly after choosing the “move on”, she says her dialogue then it black screens and the chapter 8 trophy pops after 20 something seconds. Perfect gap.

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SzzMN said:

Hey so whenever you’re speaking to Eliza there’s no actual interact able dialogue (hopefully that makes sense), as in you don’t speak to her only she speaks to you (as the player breaking the 4th wall). I’ve always had the same dialogue every play through. She only adds an extra line of dialogue usually getting angry at you saying you’re not helping her and she can’t help you IF you don’t find her cards during that chapter. Other than that every single time no matter what it’s the same dialogue. The ending is always the same. If we go under the assumption that the patch broke then the only thing I can think of is this:

1.You get a card from a previous chapter which shows you how to save a character in that chapter but you ignore it and let them die.

2. For whatever reason the trophy unlocks at the end of chapter 8 anyways without patch 

3. The player with the trophy had the trophy for seeing a card vision maybe they saw all visions and then eventually declined one? The gap between the trophies for hard pass and compete chapter 8 is perfect for this theory because you get an extra line of dialogue from her every time you choose to move on usually saying something along the lines of well I could have helped you but I guess you don’t want it anyways goodbye and keep an eye out for my cards then black screen and chapter 8 trophy. (This is something I’ve tested with the patch but assuming supermassive kept their pattern and broke the trophy with their patch the timing is absolutely perfect), the hard pass trophy would pop instantly after choosing the “move on”, she says her dialogue then it black screens and the chapter 8 trophy pops after 20 something seconds. Perfect gap.

Just added this at the end of my last post, basically what you say:

EDIT:

The obtainee, popped the trophy at the dialogue choice at the end of Chapter 8, that's 20 seconds before the Chapter 8 trophy pops. I just checked the scene in a video.

I guess the 'See More' is maybe to accept her help and the 'Move On' is to refuse it.

So yea, maybe does looks bugged as all you need to do to pop it perhaps is to Move On at that part and not See More.

3 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Just added this at the end of my last post, basically what you say:

EDIT:

That is absolutely correct see more is her showing you what can happen in the future and move on is you saying you don’t want to see therefore refusing her. I found someone with the disc and they didn’t install the patch they refused Eliza at the prologue but he’s gonna do a full play through and see if it pops at chapter 8 without the patch. 

I forgot to mention getting the podcast collectible in chapter 7 as Laura always triggers an extra dialogue from Eliza telling you to not believe everything you hear about her.

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

That is absolutely correct see more is her showing you what can happen in the future and move on is you saying you don’t want to see therefore refusing her. I found someone with the disc and they didn’t install the patch they refused Eliza at the prologue but he’s gonna do a full play through and see if it pops at chapter 8 without the patch. 

Thanks, keep us updated please! I should have bought the disc. I thought I was going to play the game earlier but now I feel an idiot for paying digital price when I could have just got physical when I was ready to play it. Hate it when you misjudge when you may decide to play something ;(

If he still doesn't pop it, guess that would mean it must be a very particular set of choices you need to take, but it's looking like it is glitched and that it is a very simple trophy to obtain, just choose 'Move On' ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks, keep us updated please! I should have bought the disc. I thought I was going to play the game earlier but now I feel an idiot for paying digital price when I could have just got physical when I was ready to play it. Hate it when you misjudge when you may decide to play something ;(

If he still doesn't pop it, guess that would mean it must be a very particular set of choices you need to take, but it's looking like it is glitched and that it is a very simple trophy to obtain, just choose 'Move On' ;)

I’ll be sure to post here whether he gets the trophy or not worst case scenario I’ll buy the disc too and see if I can do anything different or replicate the other players play through. I highly doubt it’s glitched to where you just get lucky because when I played the evil dead game it had a lot less players and 10+ people had the extremely glitched trophy by pure luck. The fact only 1 person has this makes me think otherwise. Surely with all the people that have played it across all platforms would have found a way to get it but it’s the same across the board, PC. Xbox and PS all got the same day 1 patch and no one there has it legitimately.

I went on Reddit and saw the day 1 patch was available as early as 4 days before the games actual release. I could probably be talking complete nonsense but I’m assuming everyone on disc would install the patch because well what reason would you have not too and everyone digital it comes pre patched already.  

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 2