Trophy Thoughts

Markemmanuel

12 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I have no idea how to do the Eliza one I beat the game with everyone alive, and I ignored her and moved on every time. And the trophy did not pop. So it’s either glitched, or locked behind something else

That sucks. Description sounded easy enough..maybe Silas needs to live at the end as well.

I’m trying to get the Should’ve gone to the motel trophy. I killed everyone except for Max & Laura. I cured Max, stayed on island & Laura was covered in wolf blood and was left alone. Both alive so I’m stumped on this one. 

• Like 1

I’m working on a play-through right now to figure out the hard pass and butter pop trophies. Here is what I’ve found so far.

——— For hard pass I’ve ignored all tarot cards so far in the prologue Eliza gets really angry and says if you do not find the cards she can not help you and pleads and begs for you to find cards, at the end of chapter 1 she is increasingly angry and frustrated saying how it’s a “help me help you”, situation and if you get no cards she can’t help you. So I definitely think 0 cards play through is the way to go.

——— For peanut butter pops I’m torn between trying automatic and aim assist, I’m not sure if the radio hut in chapter 5 as Ryan counts as an combat encounter? No one I know shot at that point so perhaps that’s a miss? This play through I didn’t break in so that scene won’t happen now. The last confusing parts would be does the bushes scene in chapter 3 count as an encounter? Also do we need to make it to the end to do the final kill? Or does the trophy mean you simply cannot miss an encounter and have to engage in every single firefight possible? Who knows the description is very vague and open ended. 

——— Hard pass sounds feasible at least.

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

I’m working on a play-through right now to figure out the hard pass and butter pop trophies. Here is what I’ve found so far.

——— For hard pass I’ve ignored all tarot cards so far in the prologue Eliza gets really angry and says if you do not find the cards she can not help you and pleads and begs for you to find cards, at the end of chapter 1 she is increasingly angry and frustrated saying how it’s a “help me help you”, situation and if you get no cards she can’t help you. So I definitely think 0 cards play through is the way to go.

——— For peanut butter pops I’m torn between trying automatic and aim assist, I’m not sure if the radio hut in chapter 5 as Ryan counts as an combat encounter? No one I know shot at that point so perhaps that’s a miss? This play through I didn’t break in so that scene won’t happen now. The last confusing parts would be does the bushes scene in chapter 3 count as an encounter? Also do we need to make it to the end to do the final kill? Or does the trophy mean you simply cannot miss an encounter and have to engage in every single firefight possible? Who knows the description is very vague and open ended. 

——— Hard pass sounds feasible at least.

Thanks for the info. By the time I get around to it I'm sure how to unlock both trophies will become clearer. I will first have to do my kill everyone, infect everyone, final girl, and only Ryan surviving runs. 

8 hours ago, trojbrown40 said:

That sucks. Description sounded easy enough..maybe Silas needs to live at the end as well.

I’m trying to get the Should’ve gone to the motel trophy. I killed everyone except for Max & Laura. I cured Max, stayed on island & Laura was covered in wolf blood and was left alone. Both alive so I’m stumped on this one. 

You have to make Laura be the sole survivor of the Hackett manor scene so that she goes looking for Max instead of going after Silas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arsentio said:

Hey guys! I ignored all tarot card and still didn't get Hard Pass((

Maybe it not just ignoring tarot cards? But maybe some specific ending? 

It's so frustrating to keep repeating all scenes without any dialogue skip 1f62d.png

Thanks for letting us know. I wonder what the secret is? Trophy sounds complicated now!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Thanks for letting us know. I wonder what the secret is? Trophy sounds complicated now!

I think it tied to some choices/ending

And somebody tried to complete all game with auto combat option? For "Peanut Butter Butterpops!"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

For hard pass I’ve done a play through with 0 cards. 0 cards with true ending. 0 cards with all Hackkets alive. I’ve done 7 and a half play throughs of this game now and hard pass is getting increasingly frustrating. 

Supermassive Games hate us ?

And tnx for peanut butter!

31 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

I don’t know how to spoiler tag so I’m going to be kind of vague here, but I did get the peanut butter trophy and did some heavy testing on hard pass. For the peanut butter trophy I didn’t break into the hut in chapter 1 I changed my aim to automatic in chapter 2. After that I basically did the true ending and got the trophy. For hard pass I’ve done a play through with 0 cards. 0 cards with true ending. 0 cards with all Hackkets alive. I’ve done 7 and a half play throughs of this game now and hard pass is getting increasingly frustrating. 

Thanks for the info. I appreciate your help. I wonder if "Hard Pass" is just glitched, but I guess we will see in the coming days. 

1 hour ago, SzzMN said:

I don’t know how to spoiler tag so I’m going to be kind of vague here, but I did get the peanut butter trophy and did some heavy testing on hard pass. For the peanut butter trophy I didn’t break into the hut in chapter 1 I changed my aim to automatic in chapter 2. After that I basically did the true ending and got the trophy. For hard pass I’ve done a play through with 0 cards. 0 cards with true ending. 0 cards with all Hackkets alive. I’ve done 7 and a half play throughs of this game now and hard pass is getting increasingly frustrating. 

Hard Pass must be glitched then because what else could it be. I've already done a blind playthrough and one with a walkthrough to save everybody. Not going to bother with another one until a patch and/or definitive solutions for all the remaining trophies/achievements. 

• Like 1

Just to add I’ve done another play through where in the secret flashback scene ( Tarot card 21), I do the opposite of what you’re supposed to do fail the QTE and get impaled and still nothing. I’ve gotten every major ending and the little variations in them too. The theory that’s mentioned above Is what I’ve just described I checked with the commenter. 
Also getting all cards and watching the future then doing the opposite of what Eliza shows you doesn’t work either. 1 user on exophase got the achievement and got it with the same timestamp as the family matters trophy. I genuinely have no idea and I think after about 7.5 play throughs I’m just gonna get the Nobody’s fool trophy and wait for some miracle to happen. I usually just get on and manage to figure stuff out for myself but this is a really crappy and vague description. If people want to use what I’ve described as a guideline then please go ahead and see if there’s anything else that can be done. If anyone has any questions message me on PSN?

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, SzzMN said:

Just to add I’ve done another play through where in the secret flashback scene ( Tarot card 21), I do the opposite of what you’re supposed to do fail the QTE and get impaled and still nothing. I’ve gotten every major ending and the little variations in them too. The theory that’s mentioned above Is what I’ve just described I checked with the commenter. 
Also getting all cards and watching the future then doing the opposite of what Eliza shows you doesn’t work either. 1 user on exophase got the achievement and got it with the same timestamp as the family matters trophy. I genuinely have no idea and I think after about 7.5 play throughs I’m just gonna get the Nobody’s fool trophy and wait for some miracle to happen. I usually just get on and manage to figure stuff out for myself but this is a really crappy and vague description. If people want to use what I’ve described as a guideline then please go ahead and see if there’s anything else that can be done. If anyone has any questions message me on PSN?

Have you tried just high priestess and killing silas? Doesn’t HP represent the hag? 

• Like 1

I don't have time to check right now, but maybe hard pass has something to do with never attacking any of the Hacketts when given the opportunity and shooting Silas if possible. Eliza wants you to kill them and maybe refusing to do so will work. Just a guess as I've only completed two playthroughs and I haven't heard if anyone has tried this yet.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, duboiszack said:

I don't have time to check right now, but maybe hard pass has something to do with never attacking any of the Hacketts when given the opportunity and shooting Silas if possible. Eliza wants you to kill them and maybe refusing to do so will work. Just a guess as I've only completed two playthroughs and I haven't heard if anyone has tried this yet.

The person on pc exophase killed all of them alongside this trophy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thaerick said:

The person on pc exophase killed all of them alongside this trophy. 

From the timestamps on those, I'm betting they aren't legit. They got mutally assured 3 minutes before final girl. 

Thing not mentioned yet for hard pass.

Eliza has a crow, mentions the crow follows the wolves. 

There's a crow you can find in Chapter 1, and you can hear them in other chapters. Haven't been able to find any others. 

Trophy image is also a crow. 

• Like 2