How do I share PS5 save files with a Dev?

IcySeaSurfer

I reported an issue with a game to a developer and they asked me to share my save data with them. How would I do this? I know on PS4 you could simply copy your save data to a USB then compress and send it via email, however you don't seem to be able to do that for PS5 save data.

If it’s possible in this case, you can create a video using the share button, save that video to a USB, and send the video file to the dev.

Along with the attached video you can tell them what’s happening and how to recreate the issue if you have the knowledge. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

If it’s possible in this case, you can create a video using the share button, save that video to a USB, and send the video file to the dev.

Along with the attached video you can tell them what’s happening and how to recreate the issue if you have the knowledge. 

This seems to be the best thing I can do. Unfortunately the issue is with buttons not working so it doesn't really show on video.

what exactly is the issue and the game in the first place... might be a common troubleshooting issue or even just corrupted data. 

Also not sure what a dev can do other than file It as a bug report and look into it for an upcoming patch. Wouldn't need to send anything other than a bug report and some details.

31 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

what exactly is the issue and the game in the first place... might be a common troubleshooting issue or even just corrupted data. 

Also not sure what a dev can do other than file It as a bug report and look into it for an upcoming patch. Wouldn't need to send anything other than a bug report and some details.

The L2/R2 buttons don't work. I've tried remapping the buttons, whatever I remap those buttons to work and whatever I map to those buttons don't work. So it seems like the input or command that L2/R2 are linked to by default just doesn't work.

3 minutes ago, IcySeaSurfer said:

The L2/R2 buttons don't work. I've tried remapping the buttons, whatever I remap those buttons to work and whatever I map to those buttons don't work. So it seems like the input or command that L2/R2 are linked to by default just doesn't work.

what game

also reset the controller just to be sure. 

Edited by Infected Elite

8 minutes ago, IcySeaSurfer said:

Empire of Angels IV. It for sure isn't my controller, it works fine on other games and I've had someone try over shareplay with no luck.

so i googled and found someone posted something on gamefaqs with same issue on ps5 version. Said it isnt gamebreaking but its annoying. 

Ultimately it sounds like its just the ps5 version, and probably have to wait for a patch. Your save data would have nothing to do with it. However if you think it would help, you can do a fresh install of the game. See if that does anything. Its highly unlikely but who knows.

OR if you delete the game and go to reinstall it, dont be connected to internet, play the vanilla version without any patch updates and see if L2/R2 work. If they do, then you know it is an isolated issue in the most recent patch for the game.

Worth a shot.

3 hours ago, IcySeaSurfer said:

I reported an issue with a game to a developer and they asked me to share my save data with them. How would I do this? I know on PS4 you could simply copy your save data to a USB then compress and send it via email, however you don't seem to be able to do that for PS5 save data.

You can’t. A PS5 developer knows this and we don’t allow discussion of file/save sharing here. 

• Like 1