“Like the old days” easy mode

1 hour ago, dusfire96 said:

If you have a PlayStation friend join you in the arcade mode you can leave and rejoin midgame in the party up menu to get your lives back so if you run low 

I wonder it works the same if you use guest accounts in couch co-op.  I'll play around with it after I get home from work and see, if no one confirms/denies before I'm home.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I wonder it works the same if you use guest accounts in couch co-op.  I'll play around with it after I get home from work and see, if no one confirms/denies before I'm home.

The user that started the game can't, but the user that joined can. Now the question is, if you start the game with the guest account, and join with main account, will main account still get trophies?

So use another account and joins endgame works with Like the old days and master of the quarter

EDIT: I can confirm that "master of the quarter" unlocks joining other games and just finish withouth continue, trophy for finish and online mode does too.

BUT HARD difficult dosent pop up, no idea if you need to do it from the begining, or just bad luck is you CANT tell which difficult are you playing

Edited by Eruyom

i joined a group that was on highest difficulty on arcade mode around episode 15/16 and completed the game with them but only host has gotten the trophy so i think you must do it from start to finish as host to get like the old days trophy.

I got the hard difficulty trophy by connecting at 70% or so and keep going with the gang. I got game over against Super Shredder, but waited KOd until the battle ended and got the trophy.

If you connect to an ongoing game and start with 5 lives, it's on easy. If you start with 3 lives but the enemies only do 1 hp damage, it's normal. If they hit hard, you know you are on hard difficulty. Only the host select the difficulty at the start of the game.

Edited by Gold-St
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gold-St said:

I got the hard difficulty trophy by connecting at 70% or so and keep going with the gang. I got game over against Super Shredder, but waited KOd until the battle ended and got the trophy.

If you connect to an ongoing game and start with 5 lives, it's on easy. If you start with 3 lives but the enemies only do 1 hp damage, it's normal. If they hit hard, you know you are on hard difficulty. Only the host select the difficulty at the start of the game.

I just got it too. Connected to a lobby that was in episode 13 and stayed till the end to finish. Think you must get enough score for it to count so if you join at either episode 14/15/16 you wont get the trophy. As you said around 70% lobby's are fine for it.

27 minutes ago, diogoarez said:

How do I join random online arcade lobbies? I know how to do it in the story mode but on Arcade didn't see the option, I might try to join in a game because I don't think I have the skills for this hard difficulty by myself 

On the character select screen, push L1.

Did it with a nice group via Game Sessions, I was the host and I got even disconnect, the host jumped to a friend and we all had to rejoin him, after that we kept bugging out and rejoined and even at the last stage someone rejoined. We all got the trophy thankfully so confirming that it indeed is working ??

29 minutes ago, ShadowSkill said:

Just done it with friends and we played online mode.  Some of them joined me before ep16 start they also got the hard arcade mode trophy.  I am not sure the public room also works but I think yes.  

26 minutes ago, soziaLSturmi said:

Did it with a nice group via Game Sessions, I was the host and I got even disconnect, the host jumped to a friend and we all had to rejoin him, after that we kept bugging out and rejoined and even at the last stage someone rejoined. We all got the trophy thankfully so confirming that it indeed is working 1f64f-1f3fd.png

Yes it works but only if ppl join around 70% done in arcade mode nog after so like episode 13. If they join later they dont get the trophy for hardest difficulty arcade as i had to do it few times and everytime i joined from episode 14 or higher no trophy. Only unlocked for me once i joined a group at episode 13 and cleared till the end with that group.

14 minutes ago, diogoarez said:

Today everytime I join a lobby the game either crashes or disconnects after a while FFS 

Yeah, I know the feeling.  Was able to run like 4 hard mode lobbies starting from 13 and three of them a boss froze in either 15 or 16.  Fourth one the group was just terrible and even though we got to Super Shredder, most with only one life left, they failed to even understand how to fight him. 

So frustrating dealing with these issues.  It's bad enough having to basically enter and leave lobbies constantly because they couldn't be bothered to show the lobby difficulty at all.

Edited by Snake2410

3 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Yeah, I know the feeling.  Was able to run like 4 hard mode lobbies starting from 13 and three of them a boss froze in either 15 or 16.  Fourth one the group was just terrible and even though we got to Super Shredder, most with only one life left, they failed to even understand how to fight him. 

So frustrating dealing with these issues.  It's bad enough having to basically enter and leave lobbies constantly because they couldn't be bothered to show the lobby difficulty at all.

Yup, sometimes also the level starts but all characters are invisible for some reason 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diogoarez said:

Bruh joined a guy in episode 5, went through the rest of the game on hard and the trophy didn't pop, I lost an hour of my life for nothing...

You sure it was on hard? check the leaderboards if you have a score under gnarly difficulty in arcade. Normal and hard both start with 3 lifes so its hard to see which difficulty you join on. If you get hit by an enemy you lose 2 bars, then you know you are on hard. But check score in leaderboards if you finished it, if it was hard you should have score under gnarly otherwise it was on normal you did it.

35 minutes ago, Belmont85- said:

You sure it was on hard? check the leaderboards if you have a score under gnarly difficulty in arcade. Normal and hard both start with 3 lifes so its hard to see which difficulty you join on. If you get hit by an enemy you lose 2 bars, then you know you are on hard. But check score in leaderboards if you finished it, if it was hard you should have score under gnarly otherwise it was on normal you did it.

Yeah I was on hard, or at least it seemed like it because even mobs were doing my health bar in an instant, but I'll check the leader board just in case, thanks 

47 minutes ago, diogoarez said:

Yeah I was on hard, or at least it seemed like it because even mobs were doing my health bar in an instant, but I'll check the leader board just in case, thanks 

The damage increases with more people in the lobby, so even if its normal if you are playing with 4-6 the dmg still is pretty high of enemies. As i said best way to know for sure is to check leaderboards. I myself joined a group on hard in episode 13 and played till the end and the trophy popped but when i joined groups in episode 14-15-16 no trophy. So i think you must get a high enough score for it to pop.