Nothing better than the free incentive to boost a nice game to the top

GoldenShaka

It certainly seems that many players were eager to taste the brilliant atmosphere of Metro Last light, and now

As a "free" game for PS+ members, many of them came on board and for the moment MLL is the most popular game.

So, if you were one of them that were on the bench and never decided to buy it,  tell me:

Which games were on your radar instead of MLL? 

And for everyone, what's the best and the worst of MLL.

For me,

The best: the story, atmosphere.

The worst: sometimes the AI is really dumb, but

the really worst is: in the regular edition you won't have the amazing urgency you have playing the ranger mode.

I don't really buy games since I got my subscription, particularly if they cost more than $20 or so. So it's not exactly like I was opting for other stuff over Metro. The only games I bought since I got PS+ are TellTale's TWD (1 +2), Bionic Commando:Rearmed, and GTA5. Most my gaming expenditures goes towards DLCs for the games I get on Plus. The Ranger DLC definitely adds a lot to the Metro gameplay experience.

I really like the atmosphere of the game as well. I also like some of the little things this game brings to the shooting genre that are new elements, at least to me, particularly all the gas mask stuff, how it cracks, gets dirty, and how the air filters add a sense of urgency.

My biggest peeve is probably that there is so much slow areas of dialogue that are not skippable cut scenes. This is fine on the first run, but makes subsequent play-throughs drag a lot more than they need to.

All in all tho it's a pretty cool game and anyone with Plus should definitely be giving it a chance.

Cool Iporiginalg, yes, the gas mask and its filters is really cool. Agreed, i try to buy games for twenty-something as well. I have the physical game of MLL, So, the free game includes the Ranger DLC, or did you buy it? Just plain curiosity. 

Wait, wait,

When it first came out some people gave me the impression that this game was glitched to hell and having limited funds I decided to avoid it at that time, but now that I'm actually started playing I love the hell out of it and am thankful to say have seen minimal glitches so far. The atmosphere is brilliant and it reminds me of Fallout but with less futuristic weapons/armour and  a greater focus on the main storyline.

I agree on the Ranger DLC being baldly handled though, if they had included it in all new copies in the same vain as an online pass might have been borderline acceptable but they pushed their luck by making it only for the limited edition and suffered for it. I haven't bought it yet but if the game continues to run smoothly I might buy it because so far I'm really liking the game and would like to support the developers to see a sequel.

hi

When The playstation went south for a month, I bought a Xbox 360, with black ops one to fill the void left by PSN. Plus I been wanting one, because they were games like oblivion that had DLC and achievements that ps3 didn't. So I tend to look for games that only on xbox or have achievement support that I cannot get on Sony. Metro 2033 was one of those games, so I already own Metro last light.

What I really liked about Metro 2033, was the one achievement where it challenges your ethics to survive. the achievement don't steal from any npc you can only loot dead enemies. I would like see this more from programmers. other game I have seen this in was in one of the newer halo games where If you don't kill a certaint alien creatures that are held prisoners by the covenant you get an achievement.

Also I Liked Metro last light because the trophy heavy campaign, because most chapters were two trophies chapters, one for finishing and one for doing X thing during chapter

• Like 1

hi

When The playstation went south for a month, I bought a Xbox 360, with black ops one to fill the void left by PSN. Plus I been wanting one, because they were games like oblivion that had DLC and achievements that ps3 didn't. So I tend to look for games that only on xbox or have achievement support that I cannot get on Sony. Metro 2033 was one of those games, so I already own Metro last light.

What I really liked about Metro 2033, was the one achievement where it challenges your ethics to survive. the achievement don't steal from any npc you can only loot dead enemies. I would like see this more from programmers. other game I have seen this in was in one of the newer halo games where If you don't kill a certaint alien creatures that are held prisoners by the covenant you get an achievement.

Also I Liked Metro last light because the trophy heavy campaign, because most chapters were two trophies chapters, one for finishing and one for doing X thing during chapter

Yes, the way they did the trophies was really fun.

When it first came out some people gave me the impression that this game was glitched to hell and having limited funds I decided to avoid it at that time, but now that I'm actually started playing I love the hell out of it and am thankful to say have seen minimal glitches so far. The atmosphere is brilliant and it reminds me of Fallout but with less futuristic weapons/armour and  a greater focus on the main storyline.

I agree on the Ranger DLC being baldly handled though, if they had included it in all new copies in the same vain as an online pass might have been borderline acceptable but they pushed their luck by making it only for the limited edition and suffered for it. I haven't bought it yet but if the game continues to run smoothly I might buy it because so far I'm really liking the game and would like to support the developers to see a sequel.

Well, the game froze twice on my ps3 but i know that was because the patches due the seasons pass i bought, they happened exactly at the very end of the game both times. Excepting those issues the game always ran smooth.

The only glitches i experienced was the Shadow Ranger trophy and a couple freezes, there is a certain member on the another trophy forum that says its all glitched and broken, he says that on literally every post of every sub game forum... haha

Anyway, i loved basically everything, apart from re-doing the game like 4 times for trophies, i should've played something else in between but yeah... And i wish that you could talk in the game..

I like the game but after trying i decided to complete after Bioshock and Uncharted 3. The game details are good but i saw too many bugs in the few time i played : man flying like ghost , monsters swiming in the air , etc...the worse of them all is the fact that i fell above the ground limit after trying to climb many ladders.. When it happens i need to load the last checkpoint..the rest is cool , a bit confusing at first but that is the game style i guess.

The only glitches i experienced was the Shadow Ranger trophy and a couple freezes, there is a certain member on the another trophy forum that says its all glitched and broken, he says that on literally every post of every sub game forum... haha

I'm thinking they might have patched it since those posts but I could be wrong about that. I've experienced a few game breaking bugs like freezing. The weirdest was all the sounds got really weird like an underwater filter was stuck or something like that and even going to main menu didn't fix it so I had to reload. 

I'm not sure if it's a bug or just a super sensitive trigger or maybe an intentionally built in thing for the game featuring weapons that misfire, but the double barell (and quadrouple) shotgun tends to double fire all the time, which can be pretty annoying when your low on ammo and/or surrounded by nosalis.

I'm thinking they might have patched it since those posts but I could be wrong about that. I've experienced a few game breaking bugs like freezing. The weirdest was all the sounds got really weird like an underwater filter was stuck or something like that and even going to main menu didn't fix it so I had to reload. 

I'm not sure if it's a bug or just a super sensitive trigger or maybe an intentionally built in thing for the game featuring weapons that misfire, but the double barell (and quadrouple) shotgun tends to double fire all the time, which can be pretty annoying when your low on ammo and/or surrounded by nosalis.

Oh god that was annoying at times, lol as I loved the shotgun.

I was very pleased to see Bioshock Infinite steal the top spot from the months-long grasp GTA V had on the spot.

And then Metro Last Light deservedly replaced BI as top game, and now Outlast is there.

I'm basically happy when anything negative happens to GTA V. It isn't a bad game, but goddamn is it the definition of an overrated game.

Edited by rsoto1125
  • Like 2

I was very pleased to see Bioshock Infinite steal the top spot from the months-long grasp GTA V had on the spot.

And then Metro Last Light deservedly replaced BI as top game, and now Outlast is there.

I'm basically happy when anything negative happens to GTA V. It isn't a bad game, but goddamn is it the definition of an overrated game.

I wish i could keep reliking this post. haha

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I actually played Metro 2033 on my 360. It was a game that blew me away, even if I don't remember much of it.

I remember it being awesome, but since I don't go "achievement hunting", I never replied it. I do remember that stealth wasn't as polished as it is now.

Either that or I was terrible at stealth.

A game like MLL combines two things I love in games: a post-apocalyptic setting (fallout, metro, rage,...) and choice; Choice of being a silent assassin, a ruthless killer, an undetected savior, ...

I loved MLL when I first played it, but I adored it when going shadow ranger and D6 Redemption in the same playthrough.

I don't often buy games, mostly because I prefer to spend my money on other stuff.

In january '14 I couldn't resist some reductions and I bought games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Dishonored, ... again games with choice. Like MLL, I play Dishonored as the silent savior.