Trophy thoughts

FocusDR

24 minutes ago, FocusDR said:

This is the first I have seen Barn Finders and I think it looks fun.

It somewhat reminds of PC Building Sim.

I can't speak for the trophies as I have no experience with the game but it definitely looks worth playing.

• Like 1

I got 100% on PC already, it's a fun game and quite easy to do. There are quite a few different types of collectables (golden toilet papers / comic pages / moonshine / wall tiles / floor tiles / posters) but you only need to get all of three types for the plat (golden TP, moonshine, and the comic pages) and both are pretty easy to find. A full guide for all item locations is available on steam already. 

The main tips I'd give for those who want to plat are:

- Don't destroy every box/barrel in a level, some collectables are on rooftops or high up and it's easier to build a path up than parkour up to them. I don't think anything is miss able but if you do destroy everything it can be much much harder. 

- Don't spend all your cash on upgrades as soon as you get it - some levels have to be won at an auction and they can cost quite a lot (over 10k for some I think) - check you can afford to open the next level before spending cash. The map screen shows the price.

- Short on cash? Check the item catalogue, if you click each item you've found you get $5 each, there are a ton of items so it adds up. This also unlocks skins for your car.

- For the basketball 500 points, you can build a tower under the basket, stand on top of the machine and drop the ball in the hoop and it lands on your tower. Just pick it up and instantly drop it again. You can get 70+ points per game like that letting you knock out that trophy in under 10 mins.

- All three bid wars levels are on the same map, the golden TP isn't available until the third one so don't go crazy looking for it on the first two like I did. Turns out they removed the golden TP that was in this level on PC. 

When I did a blind playthrough on PC it took me about 30 hours to finish everything. With a guide I think it's doable in under 10. I'm on level 8 of 12 after about 4-5 hours this time but I do remember most of where things are as I only played it on PC 2-3 months ago. 

The game can be pretty fun if you like searching for hidden items and some levels have some spooky sections which are fun (you can turn off scares though). I'd recommend only using a guide if you really get stuck or it would get boring fast. 1/10 with guide 2-3/10 without. 

Edited by raz_lintu
  • Like 3

As of right now, the trophy for "repair all items" seems to be bugged.

I completed the game twice by now (thanks to a super annoying and totally unlogical savegame error) - got all items from all levels, repaired all that needs to be repaired, but it didn't unlock.

One trophy I'd name as missable: if you sell all three Shirley Love's without throwing one on your bed.

...buuut I'm not sure if more can show up as random items upon revisiting levels or being offered to you by the NPCs.

On the other side, the first one you can find in the first level - so worst case just create a new profile, do the level and finish it.

And maybe the one for all Big Machines - if you loose a Bid War and don't get the car? But with enough cash this is avoidable.

All together is the game easy and relaxing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jjos said:

As of right now, the trophy for "repair all items" seems to be bugged.

I completed the game twice by now (thanks to a super annoying and totally unlogical savegame error) - got all items from all levels, repaired all that needs to be repaired, but it didn't unlock.

One trophy I'd name as missable: if you sell all three Shirley Love's without throwing one on your bed.

...buuut I'm not sure if more can show up as random items upon revisiting levels or being offered to you by the NPCs.

And maybe the one for all Big Machines - if you loose a Bid War and don't get the car? But with enough cash this is avoidable.

1). Repair all items and Assembling items are different things, the ones that come in several parts are assemble so finishing those wont get that trophy. If you did mean all repairs then check your item catalogue and see what items you are missing - items you dig up don't count towards the items in a level bar until after they are dug up so you may have a couple still hidden in a level. There is a guide on steam for all item locations so you might be able to find anything missing that way. Worth a try just in case. I did get this achivement on steam just fine but might be a new bug in the console build if I'm wrong about the above. 

2). It shows up on replays, and sometimes on the item selling stand. But yeah even if you did miss it it's super early into the game. Same for building the basketball tower, if you destroyed everything in the base level so you can't build a tower a new profile will fix it.

3). All auctions I lost just let me restart them so I think bid wars is the same where you can just try again. 

• Like 1

Ayup, assembly and repair are two completely different things.
I'm at 100% ingame - my catalogue is only missing the Warrior Mask, which for some reason didn't register despite having collected it.

Like I said, I already played it completely twice this weekend - and after the second playthrough I realized that I should have gotten the repair trophy during my first play already, before my savefile went haywire.

Really wonder how that problem happened... upon getting back from replaying a level, for some unknown reason it did load the shop in a state of "just started the game" - and of course autosaved the progress, sending my profile from 100% back to 0% *coughs*

Fun and Quick Game to Complete, took me 10 Hours for the platinum. 

Had no problems playing it, all trophies unlocked when they should unlock (didnt count the 500 points in basketball lol). 

Good to see they made appear the list that fast after the problem was reported :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, raz_lintu said:

I got 100% on PC already, it's a fun game and quite easy to do. There are quite a few different types of collectables (golden toilet papers / comic pages / moonshine / wall tiles / floor tiles / posters) but you only need to get all of three types for the plat (golden TP, moonshine, and the comic pages) and both are pretty easy to find. A full guide for all item locations is available on steam already. 

The main tips I'd give for those who want to plat are:

- Don't destroy every box/barrel in a level, some collectables are on rooftops or high up and it's easier to build a path up than parkour up to them. I don't think anything is miss able but if you do destroy everything it can be much much harder. 

- Don't spend all your cash on upgrades as soon as you get it - some levels have to be won at an auction and they can cost quite a lot (over 10k for some I think) - check you can afford to open the next level before spending cash. The map screen shows the price.

- Short on cash? Check the item catalogue, if you click each item you've found you get $5 each, there are a ton of items so it adds up. This also unlocks skins for your car.

- For the basketball 500 points, you can build a tower under the basket, stand on top of the machine and drop the ball in the hoop and it lands on your tower. Just pick it up and instantly drop it again. You can get 70+ points per game like that letting you knock out that trophy in under 10 mins.

- All three bid wars levels are on the same map, the golden TP isn't available until the third one so don't go crazy looking for it on the first two like I did. 

When I did a blind playthrough on PC it took me about 30 hours to finish everything, with a guide I think it's doable in under 10. I'm on level 8 of 12 after about 4-5 hours this time but I do remember most of where things are as I only played it on PC 2-3 months ago. 

The game can be pretty fun if you like searching for hidden items and some levels have some spooky sections which are fun (you can turn off scares though). I'd recommend only using a guide if you really get stuck or it would get boring fast. 1/10 with guide 2-3/10 without. 

Ideal mate thank you, I’ve added this to my wish list! 
you the real mvp

I'm probably missing a repair item somewhere myself. I've yet to go through the Bid Wars sections of the game, those three. So I don't have the big vehicle from there. But the other levels I've 100% gotten the items and repaired what I have, so no trophy there yet.

I think the basketball stuff will be a pain, just aiming and getting the ball in really and getting points to add up to 500, which I assume isn't all in one go either. Though, not sure if you have to turn the machine on for it to count or not.

11 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I'm probably missing a repair item somewhere myself. I've yet to go through the Bid Wars sections of the game, those three. So I don't have the big vehicle from there. But the other levels I've 100% gotten the items and repaired what I have, so no trophy there yet.

I think the basketball stuff will be a pain, just aiming and getting the ball in really and getting points to add up to 500, which I assume isn't all in one go either. Though, not sure if you have to turn the machine on for it to count or not.

https://gameplay.tips/guides/10147-barnfinders.html follow this guide, it's what I did - EZ points

32 minutes ago, raz_lintu said:

https://gameplay.tips/guides/10147-barnfinders.html follow this guide, it's what I did - EZ points

I got it my own way. I was able to get roughly 10 or so points each time from the 2 pointer (getting 3 points is a pain). Took a bit of time, but the moment I got the trophy, I just walked off the basketball court xD