DLCs Appear to be locked (PS Plus Extra GOTY Version)

Hello, recently I downloaded the Spiderman GOTY from the new PS Plus service extra (UK Store Service). Any ways after downloading the base game along with dlcs they appear as locked when viewing them in options menu of the game on ps4 home screen, and even in game when trying to access the dlcs it refers me to the playstation store to purchase the dlcs although i already downloaded them from the ps plus service

I read about the problem and came across this reddit topic and sooo many people are having the same issue

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/comments/vg9c8b/spiderman_dlc_not_working_has_a_lock_icon/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiZ7vOs8s74AhUF_6QKHftPBxsQFnoECAoQAg&usg=AOvVaw3TpVtFeGZ6xWvYTlEIpv9w

someone mentioned a solution that works great for many users but not for UK users unfortunately

here's the solution

so does anyone have he same issue and found a fix for it?

Edited by MohameDina9192
  • Like 1

Hi, my DLCs look like this. Do you know if this means they are working properly and I'll be able to play them?

Manage Content screen:
pIQu9DU.jpeg

In-game DLC tab:

lBI4E6a.jpeg

If I select them on the DLC tab it takes me to the PS Store, but I don't know if that's because there's an error or just because I haven't made enough progress to play the DLCs.

58 minutes ago, Umdytr said:

Hi, my DLCs look like this. Do you know if this means they are working properly and I'll be able to play them?

Manage Content screen:
pIQu9DU.jpeg

In-game DLC tab:

lBI4E6a.jpeg

If I select them on the DLC tab it takes me to the PS Store, but I don't know if that's because there's an error or just because I haven't made enough progress to play the DLCs.

Actually I don't know how are dlcs recognized on the PS5 and whether they should have lock screen (if they aren't recognized like in my case on the PS4) or not cause I don't have PS5 sorry, but regarding the DLC access if you finish the very first mission where you capture wilson Fisk (it's very early in the game) then you should be able to access the DLCs, so I think you are having the same issue as mine, Are you on the UK or US service of PS Plus? if UK then it's same issue as mine, if US there's a solution that I posted in my OP

• Like 1

Just now, MohameDina9192 said:

Actually I don't know how are dlcs recognized on the PS5 and whether they should have lock screen (if they aren't recognized like in my case on the PS4) or not cause I don't have PS5 sorry, but regarding the DLC access if you finish the very first mission where you capture wilson Fisk (it's very early in the game) then you should be able to access the DLCs, so I think you are having the same issue as mine, Are you on the UK or US service of PS Plus? if UK then it's same issue as mine, if US there's a solution that I posted in my OP

I'm from Europe (Spain) so from what I've gathered via reddit and such we're on the same boat as UK.

The info about when the DLC unlocks is helpful though, I'll try quickly beating Fisk with a different account and see if I can actually access the DLCs then. That way I won't risk acquiring trophies on my main account before knowing I can do all the content. Thank you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Umdytr said:

I'm from Europe (Spain) so from what I've gathered via reddit and such we're on the same boat as UK.

The info about when the DLC unlocks is helpful though, I'll try quickly beating Fisk with a different account and see if I can actually access the DLCs then. That way I won't risk acquiring trophies on my main account before knowing I can do all the content. Thank you!

yah it seems so EU and UK are suffering more from this issue as they are all over reddit with the problem of not accessing the dlcs. Regarding that method of using another account that's what I also did cause I have never played the game before so tried it on ALT account to see if dlcs unlock so that I won't risk getting any trophies on my main for now 

just try and report back please if it unlocks for you or not

I'm having the same problem. I'm also in the EU and on a PS5. The DLC says it's installed but I can't access it at all. I've tried every fix I can think of and got nowhere. I have even gotten the platinum on the base game and they still didn't unlock. Nothing we can do until Sony fixes it I guess.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MohameDina9192 said:

yah it seems so EU and UK are suffering more from this issue as they are all over reddit with the problem of not accessing the dlcs. Regarding that method of using another account that's what I also did cause I have never played the game before so tried it on ALT account to see if dlcs unlock so that I won't risk getting any trophies on my main for now 

just try and report back please if it unlocks for you or not

I beat Fisk and I'm at the lab (after the cinematic with Octavius), but nothing seems to have changed yet in regards to the DLC. Was I supposed to get a notification that the DLC's accessible before this point, or do I need to make some more progress?

I assume it's the former and we're all just stuck. Since US accounts have a workaround I expect this issue to linger for a long time because the rest of the world doesn't matter all that much to Sony, so I guess I'll just give up and play something else. Thanks for the help.

Edited by Umdytr
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mystvayne said:

I'm having the same problem. I'm also in the EU and on a PS5. The DLC says it's installed but I can't access it at all. I've tried every fix I can think of and got nowhere. I have even gotten the platinum on the base game and they still didn't unlock. Nothing we can do until Sony fixes it I guess.

Yah it seems we are relying on Sony to solve this issue (if they would care to fix which I highly doubt)

7 minutes ago, Umdytr said:

I beat Fisk and I'm at the lab (after the cinematic with Octavius), but nothing seems to have changed yet in regards to the DLC. Was I supposed to get a notification that the DLC's accessible before this point, or do I need to make some more progress?

I assume it's the former and we're all just stuck. Since US accounts have a workaround I expect this issue to linger for a long time because the rest of the world doesn't matter all that much to Sony, so I guess I'll just give up and play something else. Thanks for the help.

Sorry to hear that bro but yah this is the point where dlcs should work fine if no problems occur but it seems we are waiting for Sony to fix the issue

the problem isn't related only to Spiderman but also any game that contain DLCs on the new service this including FFXV Royal Edition, Control Ultimate Edition and any other game that contain DLCs.

• Like 1

It worked for me with the solution but with an extra step: go to account and use the option to restore licences.

1. Go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Other > Restore Licenses.
  2. Select Restore and wait until the operation has been completed, then try accessing your content again.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FawkeSolid said:

It worked for me with the solution but with an extra step: go to account and use the option to restore licences.

2. Select Restore and wait until the operation has been completed, then try accessing your content again.

Already done that first thing and it doesn't work, are you using the UK version of PS Plus or US? 

Hi, I have EU account, just tested this and it worked: 

1. I bought the "season pass" which was in sale

2. After that I downloaded separate DLC's from PS-store website, there was a free option which was missing before

3. Istalled them, restored licences just to be sure

And voila, I can now play them through plus version of Spider-man. So currently paying seems to be option, which I know is not a solution for everyone..

Edited by absoludet
Spellin error

What an absolute shambles from Sony! I have PS Premium and downloaded Spider-Man Game Of The Year Edition and the 3 DLC’s and can’t access them whatsoever!

I tried on my PS4 and PS5 but to not avail.

I have tweeted and emailed Sony but they don’t care about the UK and are ignoring our messages. Blatant false advertising from them promising the 3 DLC’s!

Tried all the workarounds people posted but none of them work.

Edited by usapro2017
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PudimOmnipotente said:

Thank you. This topic was very helpful i had no idea this was happening till now, thought the DLC's would just open up later.

Doing what the last post said worked for me (EU)

Glad it worked out for you, and yeah they fixed it 2 weeks later by restoring licenses which didn't work before

but now am trying my best to get Mighty NO.9 to work but it's stream only and can't download meanwhile it's working fine and available for download in US region and as always UK and EU are having issues

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/30/2022 at 10:05 AM, FawkeSolid said:

thank you soooooo much couldn't have done it with out your tip

• Like 1