Thoughts or opinions?

Wade_VC

I have this game downloaded but not installed yet.

I have read a few reviews that say the game pretty much...well.....sucks. Has anyone here actually played the game that can give some insight as to if this game is worth playing or not?

Is it like Damnation bad, or just "so-so" bad?

Played the first Act and a bit last night.

Its very pretty and has lovely water. Thats the good covered.

Its clumsy to control - tho they say it has perfect Move setup, but I couldnt be arsed connecting up camera etc to play it that way.

Its a fairly basic climb over stuff and shoot the occasional thing game. there are usually a couple of ways around most problems. everything you do seems to score points but I am not sure what the point of the points is.

Jumping is the worst aspect - doesnt seem to jump when running very well.

I am glad it was free with plus as it certainly isnt worth spending money on.

• 3 weeks later...

I have yet to even start this game... I downloaded it a couple weeks ago and its been sitting there...

Whats your update Wade? Have you tried it yet?

With the comments that Nasty Rory said, i might not even try it...

gotta love free stuff... but at the same time it really wasn't "free" due to the fact that we spend $50 a year for PSN+ (the cost is relative to how much you would normally spend on PSN games... for me that is $0 most of the time)

well, I've played it.

and I'm currently playing DamnNation, and nothing is as bad as DN.

like Nasty said, it is clumsy @ times, but that is like any other game starting out.

once you get a feel for the game the controls fall into place.

personally, I like it. not enough enemies to kill would be a noticeable downside.

a couple miscible trophies, but with research they are obtainable on 1st playthrough.

there are a whole lot of climbing. and after awhile you get chills from just being in water,everywhere.!

you start to wonder why she hasn't turned into a human raisin.

one of the better PSN games that I have played, for free. :ninja:

I would recommend it. for a PSN game I'll give it a solid 7/10.

easy game.

• Like 2

and after awhile you get chills from just being in water,everywhere.!

It IS called Hydrophobia after all, lol

phobia = "chills (fear) from just being in..."

Hydro = "...water everywhere"

sounds like they accomplished their goal, lol... and based off of what you said, im actually looking forward to checking it out :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Whats your update Wade? Have you tried it yet?

With the comments that Nasty Rory said, i might not even try it...

With comment like Rory's, I have not loaded it up yet. Rory's opinion seems to echo a heck of a lot of other folks' opinions of this game as well......and for a freebie that doesn't speak well of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't recommend the game. Its got a unique story, but that is about all it has going for it. Very clunky controls, a glitched medal (necessary for two trophies), and a very awkward camera at some points.

The game would be much better if it wasn't constantly yelling useless (and even incorrect at some points) "controls" at you. For example, every time in the last act you come up to decently high waters it says "Push L2 to control water height" when there is no way to control water height. It also would have saved me a lot of frustration if the stupid game told me to push R3 in order to throw barrels at the end of the game. Keep that in mind if you play the game...

It was by no means the worst PSN title I've played, but I'd only give it a 4 or a 5/10

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I played this last night and thought I'd leave some sort of opinion here :P

Firstly I'd like to clarify my previous post and state that the game didn't get an update as it was version 1.00 I was playing and wasn't prompted to update before I started. However, I didn't come across any bugs while playing the main game, but my game did freeze once while playing the challenge rooms (unlocked after you beat the game).

I thought the game itself was actually quite enjoyable for the most part (loved the water), it kinda reminded me of a lot of PS2 era platform type games but with better graphics (a lot like if it had been a HD remake). The controls seemed fine enough for me (I wasn't using the Move, although it is supported), and the camera was usually in a decent place so not to cause a problem (you can move it with the right analogue stick). The only issue I had was there was no mini-map so it was difficult to see where enemies were shooting you from, especially as they could be underwater as well as above you. I died a few times from not knowing where I was being shot from.

Another issue is the game is very short with no real replay value. There are 3 "acts", all of roughly the same length. It took me roughly 7 hours to finish the game from start to finish, but at the same time I was consulting you tube videos to help find the collectables (and had a little break half-way through for some food :P). So I guess if you were just playing it without bothering about collecting or earning trophies then it could probably be finished in about 4-5 hours (or even less).

So to sum up, a good but very short game.

So I played this last night and thought I'd leave some sort of opinion here :P

Firstly I'd like to clarify my previous post and state that the game didn't get an update as it was version 1.00 I was playing and wasn't prompted to update before I started. However, I didn't come across any bugs while playing the main game, but my game did freeze once while playing the challenge rooms (unlocked after you beat the game).

I thought the game itself was actually quite enjoyable for the most part (loved the water), it kinda reminded me of a lot of PS2 era platform type games but with better graphics (a lot like if it had been a HD remake). The controls seemed fine enough for me (I wasn't using the Move, although it is supported), and the camera was usually in a decent place so not to cause a problem (you can move it with the right analogue stick). The only issue I had was there was no mini-map so it was difficult to see where enemies were shooting you from, especially as they could be underwater as well as above you. I died a few times from not knowing where I was being shot from.

Another issue is the game is very short with no real replay value. There are 3 "acts", all of roughly the same length. It took me roughly 7 hours to finish the game from start to finish, but at the same time I was consulting you tube videos to help find the collectables (and had a little break half-way through for some food :P). So I guess if you were just playing it without bothering about collecting or earning trophies then it could probably be finished in about 4-5 hours (or even less).

So to sum up, a good but very short game.

Maybe my mistake was trying to use Move for it, even though it doesn't seem like one of those games that would really benefit from the Move controller. I'm glad it doesn't seem to have camera issues with the Dualshock.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i bought this when it 1st came out 4 think 10$. the water dynamics r great but climbing as said takes little getting use to. theres multiple ways handle enemies  straight up fighting, hacking machines, stealth, or just shooting. but nt alot of enemies. this was suppose b 1st chapter. for small company made pretty well. no plat but trophies r little fun collecting. the point system is for medals( how well u did). i like enough that i got for ps3 after i bought and complete on xbox