Come back, Kenny! trophy offline - share your experience

SerEriol

Can people who got this trophy offline with AIs after patch downgrade share their experience? No daily missions, no online, no human players. Thanks

I've tried to get him spawn ending missions with no ingredients but without luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I had finished every other comrade trophy and he still didn’t show up; tried to do it with no ingredients by letting ai die (super tedious and time consuming) but no luck, tried some specifically mentioned missions with no luck, continuously made a new low level avatar and spammed different missions, no luck. I decided screw it and used my normal avatar high lvl avatar, and just kept repeating the first mission. Ai had ingredients but I did not, Kenny eventually popped up spamming the first mission after an hour or so.

Edited by Atom1cMoose
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got it a few minutes ago, just spammed the first quest in my list Calamitous Karlabos, with my full endgame gear and high level character for 4 hours. I also didn't take the ingredient at the start but don't know if it changes anything, it was just faster to ignore it for me. Really just do that and spam the mission until he pops. Good luck to everyone else.

That's rough, I would say don't bother with the new game thing, too much work and focus. Just do one mission over and over as fast as you can to not waste time. It worked for me and Atom. Try to have YouTube or a podcast on the side and it will come at some point. I had like every chef at least 4 times before I got Kenny to show up, the odds are really low.

I can't believe I got it. After playing level 1 mission on patch 1.18, with a level 18 character, no ingredients picked up (3 AI of course had). I preferred playing on that version since there are only 3 special chefs compared to patch 1.26 where there are 8 or 9. However, it seems on patch 1.18 the odds of getting a special chef are lower than on 1.26, so I still don't know which would be the best choice. 

In any case I am so happy I don't need to keep speculating on this awful trophy anymore, bye bye Kennyyyyyyy (I know his name is not Kenny but WHO CARES)

vGzF9PT.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/09/2022 at 10:55 PM, SerEriol said:

I can't believe I got it. After playing level 1 mission on patch 1.18, with a level 18 character, no ingredients picked up (3 AI of course had). I preferred playing on that version since there are only 3 special chefs compared to patch 1.26 where there are 8 or 9. However, it seems on patch 1.18 the odds of getting a special chef are lower than on 1.26, so I still don't know which would be the best choice. 

In any case I am so happy I don't need to keep speculating on this awful trophy anymore, bye bye Kennyyyyyyy (I know his name is not Kenny but WHO CARES)

vGzF9PT.jpg

Haha I'm glad you finally got it, the nightmare is finally over !

• 2 weeks later...

After 32 and a half hours, I have finally got "Come Back, Kenny!". I have been grinding the malboro mission on patch 1.18 for ~45 minutes a day, 5 days a week, hoping to get Cid and his high level crafting buff. I'd gotten Cindy a few times, but it's mostly been a sea of Monica. After killing my last malboro in what I had already decided would be my last attempt of the day, I go to my kitchen to re-fill my glass of water, and I made it back to my living room in time to see the chef contemplating his ingredients. 

I'm very happy that my main obstacle preventing me from getting 100% in FFXV (other than Squeenix's dumb decision to lock out Comrades in the base game) has been removed. Now I get to decide if it's worth it to keep grinding malboros for the higher of the two Cid buffs or if I should just accept weaker weapons and move on to the end.

On 22/09/2022 at 0:56 AM, Gethron said:

After 32 and a half hours, I have finally got "Come Back, Kenny!". I have been grinding the malboro mission on patch 1.18 for ~45 minutes a day, 5 days a week, hoping to get Cid and his high level crafting buff. I'd gotten Cindy a few times, but it's mostly been a sea of Monica. After killing my last malboro in what I had already decided would be my last attempt of the day, I go to my kitchen to re-fill my glass of water, and I made it back to my living room in time to see the chef contemplating his ingredients. 

I'm very happy that my main obstacle preventing me from getting 100% in FFXV (other than Squeenix's dumb decision to lock out Comrades in the base game) has been removed. Now I get to decide if it's worth it to keep grinding malboros for the higher of the two Cid buffs or if I should just accept weaker weapons and move on to the end.

Personnaly I just followed this guide https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/211428-final-fantasy-xv-multiplayer-expansion-comrades/faqs/77190/walkthrough and only ever used the 20% buff, the weapons made with it were more than enough to complete it. For the standalone version you'll probably need more but you can just farm dailies to get the buff easily on that one so its not hard either.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing Comrades offline with patch 1.26.

I have completed everything, and I have 27 hours of game time, but still, Kenny hasn't shown up yet. 

I'm repeating some missions over and over, but I only get Monica, almost every time. I have seen the other characters like Cidney or Cid, Gentiana, only once or twice. 

I can't believe this is totally random. I dont want to play another 20 or so hours for a single trophy. Comrades was a chore to play, I loved the main game, but this expansion is really boring, I want to finish it as soon as possible. 

EDIT: I finally got him. 31 hours of game time. I was so angry, but then he showed up and he was dancing... 

He made me laugh loud. 

Edited by Play3GianniGreed

• 1 year later...
On 25/07/2022 at 17:24, Atom1cMoose said:

Eu tinha terminado todos os outros troféus de camarada e ele ainda não apareceu; tentei fazer isso sem ingredientes, deixando ai morrer (super tedioso e demorado), mas sem sorte, tentei algumas missões especificamente mencionadas sem sorte, criei continuamente um novo avatar de baixo nível e enviei spam para missões diferentes, sem sorte. Eu decidi estragar tudo e usei meu avatar normal de alto nível, e continuei repetindo a primeira missão. Ai tinha ingredientes, mas eu não. Kenny finalmente apareceu enviando spam para a primeira missão depois de uma hora ou mais.

Are you referring to the first hunt?

On 13/09/2022 at 07:24, Ennlocke said:

Haha, estou feliz que você finalmente conseguiu, o pesadelo finalmente acabou!

How do you know that no ingredients have been collected? Here in my green they already start with ingredients already. Kenny is not coming to me

• 2 months later...

I have played version 1.26 for about 26 hours and I have gotten all the trophies except "Come back, Kenny!". Due to a recommendation in this forum, I have lowered my version to 1.18 and started a new game repeating only the first mission. At the moment in about 30 attempts only one special chef (Cindy), I will continue to report.

Edit

Achieved. 56 missions in total. 5 special chefs in total.

• Cindy (2 times, 11th / 34th).
  • Cid (2 times, 47th / 55th).
  • Kenny (1 time, 56th).
Edited by Acertijos_AB