Pioneers of Olive Town trophy thoughts

11 hours ago, PaintP said:

Any recommend on how to level up Cooking Skill? or recommend dish with easy ingredients to spam cooking. Shellfish soup yield so low exp :(

I've been stuck at lvl 8 for a long time now.

There more complex the meal, the more XP you get.

You need roughly 16.500 XP to reach level 10 for each ability.

Shellfish Soup or grilled fish grants 11XP, where an egg sandwich grants 37 XP. 

You can do the math from here ?

Additional Info: When you reach level 8 you acquired 5.300 XP in total. 11.000 to go from here (1000 shellfish soups).

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nooby_Cake said:

Struggling with the 'Culinary Expert' trophy - got a couple of dishes to 10 stars but still didn't get the trophy for it.

Does it need to be an entree for it to pop? I made a soup and salad. 

It's not just any 10 stars but it has to be Top Quality(?, I played in Japanese not sure what it is called in English version), the rainbow 10 stars quality one.

I got mine by spamming cooking Tea with Sugar topping. Not sure if the topping part is necessary, but in my experience all top quality cooking I got, I cooked it with topping.

Hope this help

17 minutes ago, PaintP said:

It's not just any 10 stars but it has to be Top Quality(?, I played in Japanese not sure what it is called in English version), the rainbow 10 stars quality one.

I got mine by spamming cooking Tea with Sugar topping. Not sure if the topping part is necessary, but in my experience all top quality cooking I got, I cooked it with topping.

Hope this help

Oooooh I get it now! Thank you - I thought I simply needed the 10 stars. I shall spam your method and hope it works for me too. ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nooby_Cake said:

Oooooh I get it now! Thank you - I thought I simply needed the 10 stars. I shall spam your method and hope it works for me too. 1f60a.png

This happened to me too. This is my personal recomendation: Salad tab, chose the potatoes salad with mayonnaise, not sure about the english name, it's called "Patatas lionesas" In spanish. 

Anyway, it's really easy to cook and you only need 4 items: mayonnaise (mine was 4* one), oregano and instead of using the usual 10* potatoes, try using the special one, the star shaped one. I added olive oil just to be sure, but not sure if that gets the ranking higher. I got the rainbow 10* cooking this, and of course the trophy.

Another good suggestion would be Vegetable salad (the last one), you only need two vegetables and something like a bamboo shoot, really easy later in the game when your crops are the best quality possible. Orange juice with orange 10* and the golden strawberry seems like another easy one too. 

Edited by yokonika
Grammar

On 14.8.2022 at 10:44 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

I wonder if anyone is working on a guide for this, SoS games sure need a lot of planning put into them

I want to create a trophy guide this weekend. But the game and it’s guide are very complex and english isn’t my native language so I could need some help for translation/logic/grammar… otherwise the full guide will be created by me, you just have to correct potential misspellings. If any native speaker wants to help, I really appreciate. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xIRockyRock said:

I want to create a trophy guide this weekend. But the game and it’s guide are very complex and english isn’t my native language so I could need some help for translation/logic/grammar… otherwise the full guide will be created by me, you just have to correct potential misspellings. If any native speaker wants to help, I really appreciate. 

Awesome that would be super helpful, you seem to know the ins and outs of this game! I've not played the game but would be happy to help with translation/spelling/grammar :) 

• Like 1

Don't get too excited, this guide will take at least 2 weeks to be ready, because there are a lot of tables to create and a lot of informations must be brought together and i am low on time atm. Thanks Lava_Yuki for your help, i added you to the guide so you can edit it when ever you want.

But for a quick peek at the guide.. for everyone thats interestet:

-There is no missable trophy

-Game is easy as every farmers game (3/10)

-Platinum took 50 hours for me

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HeroKillerId said:

Wow that seems really quick. I played on Switch (though just through year one) and I've got at least 50 hours so far with quite a ways to go yet. Good Job.

I played the first year and a half casually, having fun, experimenting, etc

This took 30h or so. Then I rushed the platinum in another 20 hours. I bet you can even be faster. But for a casual player I would estimate the platinum time so 60-70 hours. A bit faster then Friends of mineral town but still lots to do.

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, xIRockyRock said:

Don't get too excited, this guide will take at least 2 weeks to be ready, because there are a lot of tables to create and a lot of informations must be brought together and i am low on time atm. Thanks Lava_Yuki for your help, i added you to the guide so you can edit it when ever you want.

But for a quick peek at the guide.. for everyone thats interestet:

-There is no missable trophy

-Game is easy as every farmers game (3/10)

-Platinum took 50 hours for me

50 hours sounds pretty quick, half the time of FoMT! Good thing there's no missable trophies

3 hours ago, PaintP said:

Any tips on how to level up Communication skills? Just talk to every NPCs everyday?

Right from my not so finished guide yet.

Sent an item 50 XP (once a day)

Talk to a resident 20 XP (once a day each resident)

Eat at bistro 20 XP (once a day)

Eat at dinner 20 XP (once a day)

Finish a request on the board 20 XP

So basically yes, talk to everybody every day. 

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 1

I can’t trigger Lovett’s request trophy. I submitted  2 last dishes but the trophy doesn’t trigger. Anybody had something like that happen to you? My last 2 dishes are Tom Yum Pla and Ponna Cotta, rainbow10 stars. I tried submitting them at the same time and submitting one by one, changing order, still no trophy. In-game ‘ trophy’ doesn’t trigger either where you get a message for completing different things. But I can’t submit anymore dishes - when I try it says no more left to submit, I got them all. Bummer!

Edited by Milly_Fey

15 hours ago, Milly_Fey said:

I can’t trigger Lovett’s request trophy. I submitted  2 last dishes but the trophy doesn’t trigger. Anybody had something like that happen to you? My last 2 dishes are Tom Yum Pla and Ponna Cotta, rainbow10 stars. I tried submitting them at the same time and submitting one by one, changing order, still no trophy. In-game ‘ trophy’ doesn’t trigger either where you get a message for completing different things. But I can’t submit anymore dishes - when I try it says no more left to submit, I got them all. Bummer!

This trophy won't trigger right away after turning in all the dishes. He will show up in the morning to the farm and give the player the Onigiri recipe, after the scene the trophy will pop.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Milly_Fey said:

Thanks! Got lovett’s trophy… now working on the museum and only need the journey sprite treasure… and he takes forever to level up. Year 3 summer and he is level 8… every other sprite is level 10 or close to it. Any idea how to level him faster?

Sleep 4 days and visit him… repeat.

If you ignore everything else and sleep right away, this won’t take too long.

unfortunately there is no faster way.

Mine was level 8 in year 3 as well, level 10 in autumn year 6.

8 hours ago, xIRockyRock said:

Sleep 4 days and visit him… repeat.

If you ignore everything else and sleep right away, this won’t take too long.

unfortunately there is no faster way.

Mine was level 8 in year 3 as well, level 10 in autumn year 6.

year 6!!!!! OMG :) that's 3 more years for me. thank you for the insight though... time to start sleeping 4 days at a time.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't seem to figure out the 5th group of Lovett's challenge. For some reason I can't cook a top quality kimchi (rainbow stars) despite all 4 ingredients being 10 star themselves and having level 10 cooking skill. Tried making it both with and without toppings multiple times but always came out as 10 stars. Any advice?

35 minutes ago, Caldor2K2 said:

I can't seem to figure out the 5th group of Lovett's challenge. For some reason I can't cook a top quality kimchi (rainbow stars) despite all 4 ingredients being 10 star themselves and having level 10 cooking skill. Tried making it both with and without toppings multiple times but always came out as 10 stars. Any advice?

I would make sure you're using a 10star giant turnip as well. If you can get a few of those try and see if you get it. If you don't reset your day. Some of these were really a pain with the RNG. Good Luck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Out of all the harvest moon and story of seasons platinums iv gotten this was probably the most annoying and tedious, maybe just cause I didn't enjoy it that much. 

You do not need to complete the encyclopedia for the trophy there was about 50 left over when I got mine so maybe don't spend alot of time on the harder entries. The cooking challenges took a long time.

• Like 1