Toni - 1 Sony - 0

tonkie18

13 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Congrats!! That's pretty cool that you managed to fix that succesfully :) 

And I think I understand you perfectly on both the fear of breaking something and making it worse and the satisfaction and pride you feel for yourself after fixing it, as I had to fix the hellish noise my ps3 slim was making once. I couldn't hear any dialogues or anything, it was SO loud. And I put off opening it for many months due to fear of breaking it, but carefully cleaning the dust was enough. Felt pretty good about myself that day. So yeah good job!

I had the same fear with my jet engine PS4. Took me years to finally take it apart as I was so worried I’d never get the casing back on again or wreck it somehow. Once I watched a video and saw it was just literally taking off the case and spraying it with condensed air, I decided to go for it and felt really good about it after too ☺️ But the controller worried me cause you have to fiddle with bits inside. But I succeeded! Who knows I might be building them from scratch at this rate soon ? well done on cleaning your PS3! It’s so satisfying isn’t it.

We have the same name. I’m always asked if I’m a bloke ? or get called ‘Mr’ at appointments ?

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 10:36 PM, tonkie18 said:

I would usually share a proud moment like this with my Dad. But he isn’t here anymore, so I’m sharing it here instead.

I fixed the R2 trigger on one of my controllers! 

This is a huge accomplishment for me because although I am quite handy for a female, I’ve never trusted myself to take apart electronics. Especially something so precious!

Im really tight with money and I’d rather fix than replace everything (honestly I’ve taken apart my toilet instead of calling a plumber, I’ll replace a tire myself instead of taking it to the garage and I’ve built all the furniture in the house myself just to save paying someone else to do these things) but something scares the crap out of me about taking apart something electrical ?

Ive spent a good few months now with broken triggers (thanks maneater!) because I’m too tight to replace and was too scared to take apart. But now it’s causing huge issues on games, it was time. 

Im now going to take apart my other one and fix that too. Today is a good day.

Not getting more money out of me Sony for your 6monthshelflife controllers ! 1f606.png

This is the nicest and most positive post I've read in a long time.

4 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

I had the same fear with my jet engine PS4. Took me years to finally take it apart as I was so worried I’d never get the casing back on again or wreck it somehow. Once I watched a video and saw it was just literally taking off the case and spraying it with condensed air, I decided to go for it and felt really good about it after too 263a.png

That sounds easy enough! Took you years though ? I wouldn't be able to handle the noise my ps3 did for years. 

2 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

But the controller worried me cause you have to fiddle with bits inside. But I succeeded! Who knows I might be building them from scratch at this rate soon ? well done on cleaning your PS3! It’s so satisfying isn’t it.

That seems more complicated but you got it ?. From the looks of it you will ?. It sure is! Thank you and you too with your ps4 and controllers!

We have the same name. I’m always asked if I’m a bloke ? or get called ‘Mr’ at appointments ?

I can see that getting a little annoying sometimes. You are Toni and I am Tony, together we aaaaareee: tonkie_snake_18  :P 

(Should I apologize for that?)

5 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

@tony_snake_24 aww I like boys named after their fathers.. not the biggest fan of girls named after them ? at least they gave me a girls middle name, I’m Toni Lianne, so growing up everyone literally had to call me a long winded Toni Lianne so we knew who was being spoken to 1f648.png

That's cute ? Yeah girls named after them is a different story ? I think Lianne is an interesting name, sounds good. Hey at least Toni Lianne is a unique name, I got two common names ?

50 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Slave number 5? ?

What do the other nicknames mean?

I’m the 5th child so I was his 5th slave ? no joke he would shout it in public.. would have preferred whistles like the Von Trapps!

When I was born my Grandma held me and said ‘she’s like a little sparrot’ she meant sparrow but her English wasn’t good she was Italian. So that stuck.

And no idea where Sputtiamicini came from, Spu for short. 

He had his own language it was bizarre but I miss it so much. And all the kids had nicknames, everyone he met had one. My favourite was my Mum’s, she’s Scottish and he called her ‘Angus McTavish McFee’ but just ‘Angus’ for short. He would call her it everywhere we went she was mortified. He was a huge character indeed!

Didn’t everyone have hugely embarrassing and somewhat insulting nicknames growing up or was it just me and my siblings ? we all had our own songs as well. 

Ah thanks for letting me remember ❤️

• Like 1

I’m the 5th child so I was his 5th slave ? no joke he would shout it in public.. would have preferred whistles like the Von Trapps!

When I was born my Grandma held me and said ‘she’s like a little sparrot’ she meant sparrow but her English wasn’t good she was Italian. So that stuck.

And no idea where Sputtiamicini came from, Spu for short. 

Wow hahaha

Oh, that's adorable ?

3 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

He had his own language it was bizarre but I miss it so much. And all the kids had nicknames, everyone he met had one. My favourite was my Mum’s, she’s Scottish and he called her ‘Angus McTavish McFee’ but just ‘Angus’ for short. He would call her it everywhere we went she was mortified. He was a huge character indeed!

That's hilarious! Sounds like a character for sure ?

Didn’t everyone have hugely embarrassing and somewhat insulting nicknames growing up or was it just me and my siblings ? we all had our own songs as well. 

I'm sure you're not the only one haha. Your own songs too... looks like you had a fun childhood. 

Ah thanks for letting me remember 2764.png

Awww you're very welcome! ? This whole thread has been so lovely. Wishing you all the best!