I'm so disappointed by this game

lloydisthebest88

Yeah, it was simultaneously disappointing as a Dirt game and as an "Evolution" game.

After this and Onrush (which was actually more fun) chances of us getting a proper spiritual successor to Motorstorm have dropped from slim to none.

I would be contented with a good simcade like Driveclub or Forza though, but I ain't holding my breath for that either.

Unfortunately Codemasters' days of Colin McRae Rally and TOCA games seem long gone.

Right now, I'm just playing cheap and waiting for Grid Legends to hit EA Play.

• Like 2

I agree, this game has been quite disappointing.  It’s functional/serviceable, but not much more.  Everything feels kind of slow for an arcade racer (no sense of adrenaline) and the lack of tracks really hurts it.

A fairly barebones experience.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Another developer (Codemasters) that has fallen victim to the evil EA conglomerate. 

I will say Dirt 5 was much better on the PS5 with haptic feedback than it is on the PS4...but yeah, still quite underwhelming. Same with Grid Legends...which has the buggiest trophies I've ever seen in any game period. 

• 1 month later...

Absolutely agree on everything hear. 

I started playing after Dirt Rally 2.0 - which was absolutely fantastic and one of the best racing games ever - I thought this may be in some way similar.

WRONG.

For some reason, I persevered and got through the races - it was crazily boring and repetitive. I thought perhaps I can get just the platinum and move on. Yet I had to come back a few times to complete it as the repetition of completion was grating on me. I still having completed - I've got the 1000 miles trophy left - at around 650. I've rubberbanded the controller and still only at that. My PS5 deserves better.

At some point I'll get it done, but I can't be bothered!

Very medicore, bland experience overall - you can tell EA are involved. That is FIFA has been a bag of crap for as long as I can recall. Its all about DLC, micro-transactions and this mythical stupid American audience - do Americans really want this? 

I honestly didn't mind it at all, but maybe that's due to my pure ignorance of having never played another Dirt game. I'll admit it did feel generic, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment based on what I paid for it. That being said, I likely wouldn't purchase Dirt 6 if it ends up just being more of the same.

First time I have played a DIRT game but I agree with most of what is said here. Have finished Chapter 2 and these are my main issues:

• Braking: No matter what the surface the brakes just seem to be too powerful and too much grip. You can just touch the brake in full mud/ice and almost stop immediately. Makes it easy to brake late but should be more slip
  • Acceleration: Playing on PS5 with the Dualsense there is no resistance on the R2 trigger when accelerating. This makes it almost impossible to gradually feed on the accelerator. So when racing the 80s Rally and Sprint cars (RWD ones) I just get wheel spin the whole time (I am playing with auto trans so manual early upshifts might help). I also play with no assists but for the aforementioned races I have to increase the TC so I can actally drive. Having played GT5 the accelerator on that is miles ahead.