[Video] Trophy Guide Overview + Other Guides

BushidoCypher

What's up hunters, I encourage you if you're after a fairly challenging platform experience to check out Frogun! I've had a lot of fun with it and I'll also have a Boss Rush & Brutal Rush Guide up very soon but for now enjoy this video and my other video from the game ❤
The game will likely be around a 6-8/10 depending on how you are with Platformers. The boss fights are really well done in this! 
There was a bug on the final boss and a level after that stopped progression but after I brought it to the devs attention he literally fixed it that night, so check out the game they did a great job! 

Time wise I'm at around 7 hours played but that's likely more around 6 hours, so it can still be done under 10 hours I reckon since all I have left is purchasing all items & the Brutal Rush which should be done soon hopefully! 

I hope these prove useful definitely check it out it's nice to see such a polished game too the UI and controls are fluid and feel responsive.

• Like 3

Just a PSA if you're playing Frogun, the Brutal Rush trophy didn't pop for me after I beat all the bosses on Brutal Rush it showed the medal in game however but I needed a break after that happened. 
When I launched it a bit later the trophy popped :) I reported it to devs so it might be fixed when you get to it but if not try just reloading your game! 
I hope this helps and congrats on a pretty challenging but fun platformer!
e00c06b930.png

Edited by BushidoCypher

29 minutes ago, P-Low14 said:

Ive done the Pacifist trophy 6 or 7 times on different levels and it still hasnt popped.  Ive rebooted the game after each one and still nothing.  The percentage is pretty high so i know people have gotten it so I don't know

I'll do a video for you now if you'd like beast 

15 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Thanks for this dude. Looks fun and very well priced. Might need to check this out. Did any other trophies bug out on you

Don't mention it man I really loved the game! 
I am currently waiting for the final hat to unlock so I'm stuck at 98% the dev said they are looking into it and they've been so fast about fixes I've reported so don't let it deter you from the game.
The final hat is meant to unlock once you've bought all other hats, I've bought all and even wore them but it's still locked so they are working to have that done soon! Then we can at least have all the trophies sorted and overall the game is really polished. Just some late game fixes they've done

35 minutes ago, P-Low14 said:

Ive done the Pacifist trophy 6 or 7 times on different levels and it still hasnt popped.  Ive rebooted the game after each one and still nothing.  The percentage is pretty high so i know people have gotten it so I don't know

Actually boss, I think maybe pre patch it was bugged? Because I could only get it on Kicky's boss level just going straight to him.

I just tried on a blank account and trophy popped on lvl 1 just skipping all enemies and going straight to exit
Is that what was messing up for you/not working?

1 hour ago, BushidoCypher said:

I'll do a video for you now if you'd like beast 

Don't mention it man I really loved the game! 
I am currently waiting for the final hat to unlock so I'm stuck at 98% the dev said they are looking into it and they've been so fast about fixes I've reported so don't let it deter you from the game.
The final hat is meant to unlock once you've bought all other hats, I've bought all and even wore them but it's still locked so they are working to have that done soon! Then we can at least have all the trophies sorted and overall the game is really polished. Just some late game fixes they've done

Actually boss, I think maybe pre patch it was bugged? Because I could only get it on Kicky's boss level just going straight to him.

I just tried on a blank account and trophy popped on lvl 1 just skipping all enemies and going straight to exit
Is that what was messing up for you/not working?

Yep I tried the first level a bunch of times.  Also tried level 2 and 3. I havnt seen any update patches as of last night yet?

30 minutes ago, P-Low14 said:

Yep I tried the first level a bunch of times.  Also tried level 2 and 3. I havnt seen any update patches as of last night yet?

Hmm it worked for me just now but maybe it can just glitch, I'll post a video here within the hour of a way you can unlock it still, maybe a work around video! 
I think it's V1.75 for the patch (Its in top left on launch of game but let me do a work around video in case it helps others too) because mine also didn't work on first level but now it is :o

Just now, dannyswfc9 said:

@Bushido_Cypher ive seen a review that says on the later/harder levels the frogun doesnt hit the points you want it to resulting in many frustrating, unnessary deaths. Was this something you came across?

I will say the difficulty in the later levels ramps up quite a lot, at first you're just like ya oh this is cool, I love platformers and this is fun then BAM you're like oh okay well I have to now perform damn near perfect platforms / tongue parkour and if I don't prepare to start over 

I'd say overall the game felt really smooth personally (And I'm usually super picky about that stuff) but I do find you have to be pretty damn perfect at the platforming later in the levels. 
The check points are your best friend and sometimes I found myself pushing so hard to get to a checkpoint just so I could at least start from there each time. 
I haven't looked at some reviews yet but kind of curious what's being said.

I will say some points can be annoying because if you're not perfect on a jump etc you'll tongue to a part you don't want to and it screws you over which that can be annoying, that being said my play time is still about 7 hours so it's not super long and that's factoring in recording and me failing QUITE a bit lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P-Low14 said:

Damn sorry I thought I had the clip saved when I got it but must not have saved it. 

Well what the fix was that popped it for me if you're still having issues, go to kicky's level avoid the bats (It's a super small level) avoid them don't kill any and there is a skip you can do to get to Kicky without having to do the levels buttons/levers etc just jump up here and as you jump up use frogun to tongue the wall over to the checkpoint then just fight the boss 
Once you kill the boss this SHOULD also pop pacifist like it did for me, it'll also get you an easy Time Trial & No Death Emblem if you beat him without dying of course and with the skip it makes the times even easier.

1d20cfdcc0.jpg

8 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

@Bushido_CypherIve heard that when you die you have to collect everything again in the level even when hitting a checkpoint. Is this annoying to the point that you would stop playing it.

Sorry for all the questions

Don't be sorry mate! 
Not necessarily the checkpoints in the game save whatever you have currently so let's say I grab 50 coins and hit a check point even if I die I spawn back at that 50 and with everything I had prior to hitting that checkpoint and let's say I get like 5 annoying coins nearby the checkpoint I can get them then hit the checkpoint again and it'll save. Then I don't have to get those 5 annoying coins again. All dying really does is void you from the No Death emblem but you can do separate runs where you just focus on not dying etc 

So I tend to say do the collectibles like Eyemeralds, Skull Emblem & Coins THEN redo the level and just zoom through it for the time trial one and try not  to die, if you get the time trial but you die just hit retry then you can take your time and focus on not dying. It means replaying some levels a few times if needed BUT the levels are pretty short in all fairness.
But don't be sorry happy to try and answer any questions boss

4 minutes ago, BushidoCypher said:

Don't be sorry mate! 
Not necessarily the checkpoints in the game save whatever you have currently so let's say I grab 50 coins and hit a check point even if I die I spawn back at that 50 and with everything I had prior to hitting that checkpoint and let's say I get like 5 annoying coins nearby the checkpoint I can get them then hit the checkpoint again and it'll save. Then I don't have to get those 5 annoying coins again. All dying really does is void you from the No Death emblem but you can do separate runs where you just focus on not dying etc 

So I tend to say do the collectibles like Eyemeralds, Skull Emblem & Coins THEN redo the level and just zoom through it for the time trial one and try not  to die, if you get the time trial but you die just hit retry then you can take your time and focus on not dying. It means replaying some levels a few times if needed BUT the levels are pretty short in all fairness.
But don't be sorry happy to try and answer any questions boss

Thank you dude. Thats what i expected to happen regarding checkpoints.

Thanks for replying so soon and great work dude

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Thank you dude. Thats what i expected to happen regarding checkpoints.

Thanks for replying so soon and great work dude

Don't mention it man I try to at least put aside an hour a day towards comments and I'm active in the Discord especially if tagged! 
If you do decide to play it good luck boss and don't hesitate to reach out if you get stuck at all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BushidoCypher said:

Damn sorry I thought I had the clip saved when I got it but must not have saved it. 

Well what the fix was that popped it for me if you're still having issues, go to kicky's level avoid the bats (It's a super small level) avoid them don't kill any and there is a skip you can do to get to Kicky without having to do the levels buttons/levers etc just jump up here and as you jump up use frogun to tongue the wall over to the checkpoint then just fight the boss 
Once you kill the boss this SHOULD also pop pacifist like it did for me, it'll also get you an easy Time Trial & No Death Emblem if you beat him without dying of course and with the skip it makes the times even easier.

1d20cfdcc0.jpg

It popped after the kicky level. I wasn't even trying for the trophy and just got it naturally lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Great trophy guide video. I probs should have watched it first because it answered alot of questions regarding checkpoints and other stuff. 

I bought the game and having a blast with it. 

Thanks man and it's all good I didn't mind answering the questions as long as I know the answer that is :P

Glad you're enjoying it beast :)

• Like 1

I'm not too far into the game myself (just beat the 2nd boss) so I'm not sure quite how big the coin grind for all hats and the gallery is but I was going to suggest a workaround to reduce it slightly. I'll try test it out while I work through the game. My thinking is if you save up all your coins until you unlock the ability purchase all the gallery items, you could make a backup save to the cloud with PS Plus (or on a USB for the PS4 version). For the PS5, you would have to make sure auto-upload is off for the game. Then go and buy all the gallery items in one go to pop the 'Art Lover' trophy. Then download your backup save to get these coins back to put them towards hats. I'll report back if I can get this to work successfully.

10 minutes ago, TCJGforce128 said:

I'm not too far into the game myself (just beat the 2nd boss) so I'm not sure quite how big the coin grind for all hats and the gallery is but I was going to suggest a workaround to reduce it slightly. I'll try test it out while I work through the game. My thinking is if you save up all your coins until you unlock the ability purchase all the gallery items, you could make a backup save to the cloud with PS Plus (or on a USB for the PS4 version). For the PS5, you would have to make sure auto-upload is off for the game. Then go and buy all the gallery items in one go to pop the 'Art Lover' trophy. Then download your backup save to get these coins back to put them towards hats. I'll report back if I can get this to work successfully.

Yes that works that's a good idea it saves you replaying the same level for a few hours which is quite a time saver and a good shout too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TCJGforce128 said:

That would be a big time saver. Let me know how many coins you need to unlock all gallery items when you get round to it. 

Edited by dannyswfc9