PS5 version not on store?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/10/2022 at 9:09 AM, CryptikMoon said:

If you have ps plus extra. download miles morales then you can buy the remastered version

By downloading Miles Morales on PS5 using PS Plus Extra I can bypass the Ultimate Edition exclusive barrier and buy Spiderman Remastered version separately? It's the first time I hear this, I would appreciate more information on this regard as we currently have Black Friday deals and I would like to have all information at hand before dropping cash into the Ultimate Edition.

4 minutes ago, solidcarlos said:

By downloading Miles Morales on PS5 using PS Plus Extra I can bypass the Ultimate Edition exclusive barrier and buy Spiderman Remastered version separately? It's the first time I hear this, I would appreciate more information on this regard as we currently have Black Friday deals and I would like to have all information at hand before dropping cash into the Ultimate Edition.

Yeah I bought the remastered version like that. You can even play it without ps plus.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/21/2022 at 6:07 AM, fenris-lima said:

Is it possible for the remaster to be on sale? And is there anyway of knowing if that time ever comes outside of keeping the Miles Morales installed and check every now and then?

Unlikely since it's locked behind the purchase of Miles Morales (or adding it to your library).
So unless the game gets released as a standalone, it's unlikely to be on discount in the first place.
Similar thing with: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8639-ace-combat-5-the-unsung-war/

Not available for play unless you own Ace Combat 7.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2023 at 5:20 PM, ryuji_sakujo said:

Unlikely since it's locked behind the purchase of Miles Morales (or adding it to your library).
So unless the game gets released as a standalone, it's unlikely to be on discount in the first place.
Similar thing with: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8639-ace-combat-5-the-unsung-war/

Not available for play unless you own Ace Combat 7.

It is now standalone :)

Edited by AlonMercer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I have both Miles Morales and Spider-Man PS4 in my library and don't seem to have access to the discounted version. Any suggestions?

There's an option to get Spiderman though the in game menu if u load up the ps5 version of Miles Morales. Cost me £20 to get the game that way.

11 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I have both Miles Morales and Spider-Man PS4 in my library and don't seem to have access to the discounted version. Any suggestions?

You get discounted version only if you have the retail version inserted on your ps5 or digitally purchased

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Yes 1f44d.png

Remember licenses on PS systems will only be read in if you own the game digitally and you're signed in with that account OR if you own it physically and have the disc inserted in your PlayStation.

Is that the rule for Playstaton exclusives then? Because I was able to get the discounted version of The Outer Worlds PS5 without inserting the PS4 disc hence why I was surprised to learn that I needed to do that for Spider-Man.

30 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Is that the rule for Playstaton exclusives then? Because I was able to get the discounted version of The Outer Worlds PS5 without inserting the PS4 disc hence why I was surprised to learn that I needed to do that for Spider-Man.

hmm did you perhaps have it also in your library as a digital purchase or from PS Plus (monthly games or Extra/Premium catalog)?

I'm pretty sure in most cases you need to have the disc inserted but I could be wrong here.. I'm just recalling from my own experience.

1 hour ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

hmm did you perhaps have it also in your library as a digital purchase or from PS Plus (monthly games or Extra/Premium catalog)?

I'm pretty sure in most cases you need to have the disc inserted but I could be wrong here.. I'm just recalling from my own experience.

Definitely nope - I'm not subscribed to Extra or Premium and I don't have the digital version of the base game for The Outer Worlds PS4. I do have its DLCs in the digital library but then I have the DLCs for Spider-Man PS4 in the digital library too and that wasn't enough for my Playstation to recognise the license.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom