Sony increased PS5 price (Live now)

Sailar91

4 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Damn, imagining thinking some people "deserve" poverty... I don't need your permission to comment my man, I have no interest in discussing anything in DMs with you that can't be discussed here. Not that I see this conversation going much further anyway. I really hope for your own sake that you learn a modicum of empathy for others some day.

Meh. Some do. But that's not a discussion for here. If you honestly think $1000 is a lot of money, it isn't. 

People need to put priorities first and then learn to save. Simple.

Edited by Infected Elite
Edit: not going to reply to any other mentions in this thread. I said my bit.

I find it incredible how the majority of people's politics are entirely arrived at by their own personal circumstances in life.

I wonder, the I've made money now going to act like massive conservative asshole types. Do they actually realise how incredibly unoriginal they are? How they all sound exactly the same. Just in general how it shows how small their minds are. Oh I made moneyz! Me so much better....derp derpa derpa do dada.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TheBusToYoker said:

I find it incredible how the majority of people's politics are entirely arrived at by their own personal circumstances in life.

Yeah, it's been my experience that most people's ideologies are based on convenience. People tend to favor beliefs that make their lives easier. It's much easier for a well off person to tell themselves that their good fortune is solely a result of hard work than to consider that perhaps they're luckier than most. A just world is a more comfortable one to live in than an unjust one.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Yeah, it's been my experience that most people's ideologies are based on convenience. People tend to favor beliefs that make their lives easier. It's much easier for a well off person to tell themselves that their good fortune is solely a result of hard work than to consider that perhaps they're luckier than most. A just world is a more comfortable one to live in than an unjust one.

Circumstances more than innate intelligence the majority of the time. Circumstances allow for the  development of what is innately there, yet fundamentally there is nothing which makes them more intelligent on average than anyone else in society.

I guess in how existentially challenging that truth can be, social darwinism is the go to fantasy when you just can't accept you are not a unique special snowflake.

Edited by TheBusToYoker

On 2022-12-16 at 3:30 PM, Infected Elite said:

if it was only that easy. I have an abundance of money because i work, i invest in stocks, and I'm smart with spending. I dont sit and whine that "the system" holds me down while doing nothing to better my own life like many here are doing.

I am nice to be around, but when it comes to the people here it is very hit and miss. I'd rather be making money and being able to pay for fancy things, than be stuck in front of a screen all hours of the day trying to achieve some 100% completion rate that ultimately means nothing. 

Besides the fact that it's more than just being bad with money that keeps people poor.

Buying in bulk is cheaper than not, however, if you don't have enough money to buy x item in bulk, then you can't get those savings.

Not having enough money to build up an emergency savings account means that when your car breaks down, your furnace, etc you have to get a high-interest loan.

Investing in stocks is a lot easier with thousands and thousands of dollars. Every time I invest I'm hit with a $10 fee. If I had boatloads of money I'd be at a flat $10 fee even if I were investing tens of thousands.

• Like 1