Wing it challenge

sandra1957

Is this the one where you have to glide for a long time?

If so, I just spawned on top of the Saints Tower in glide mode (square) and then flew as far as I could over the water until I landed, then respawned above the tower and did it again. Took a while, but eventually got it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sandra1957 said:

No it's the one with bounce boost 6 people within 30 seconds wingsuit launch off vehicles 12 times

Oh, that's easy - have you actually unlocked the ability to bounce yet? I think bouncing off people was an upgrade you got by levelling up - you just glide near a person and hit L1 (I think) and you bounce off them. To launch, just jump on a car being driven around and press to ride on top. After a few seconds, you'll have the option to launch into wingsuit (I think it's Cross).

I don't recall there being a timer for the person one, I just got it naturally by gliding down a main road during the day and continually pushing L1

2 hours ago, turniplord said:

Is this the one where you have to glide for a long time?

If so, I just spawned on top of the Saints Tower in glide mode (square) and then flew as far as I could over the water until I landed, then respawned above the tower and did it again. Took a while, but eventually got it. 

When did you unlock that challenge that’s the only one I still need I’m max level but did not finish story 

The wing it challenge glitched to where I couldn't get any progress on it so I had to re beat the whole game and half of the ventures just to get on achievement such a hassle but I'm finally fixing to platinum Saints Row!!! I'm so gassed!!!!!!!!

16 hours ago, sandra1957 said:

I just realized that the counter didn't increase because powerpyx said that doing co-op will perma freeze challenges cause I did co-op sometime after my first mission 

COOP WASTED ME ANOTHER RUN IN THE CAMPAIGN AND VENTURES EXTRA! I didnt even know that was a thing wow that has to be it as well thanks for commenting that for my sanity HAHA. If anyone is reading this is here and is wondering level 20 is when I finally reunlocked the challenge just be patient and you will get there! 

The most i can get is 3/6. There just aren't enough people spawning to get 6 anywhere i try....

edit: okay it seems it's bugged for me. 

After 2 bounces it shows as 3/6 and even if i manage 4, 5 or 6 in 30s it still shows as 3/6. Very great, so happy i'm allowed to fucking replay the fucking game again for a single trophy. 

Edited by Lymus

The counter is really buggy. Just go to the Saints Tower, fly around and just endlessly bounce on as many people as you can and it will register eventually. Annoying, but that's how it'll work until Volition fixes it (assuming they do).

On 8/27/2022 at 11:39 AM, sandra1957 said:

I just realized that the counter didn't increase because powerpyx said that doing co-op will perma freeze challenges cause I did co-op sometime after my first mission 

It seems to be a toss-up as to whether or not that happens. I played co-op after finishing the story and none of the challenges permanently froze on me. Maybe the glitch only triggers if you play co-op before you actually finish the story?

20 hours ago, Smash41 said:

This is broken for me too. The most I can get is 3/6 and I just did 20 without landing. 

Never played co-op so that isn't the cause.

I had to replay the campagin and get half my ventures and some gang fight areas just to get to level 20 which eventually got me the trophy. So good luck bro don't give up I know the struggle.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ovidiu009 said:

the challenge of bouncing off 6 people I don't think It has any errors, even if the system doesn't mark them, justo press L1 as you have them in sight 6 in a row and that's it

It definitely has bugs, i had a chain of 20 bounces, and multiple times in that i had more than 6 in 30s...

• Like 1

Seems to be bugged for me too, never done co-op, left that out due to the bugs but the bugs have found me!

My counter doesnt go above 3, it's really annoying, tried deleting the game and reinstalling, looks like I'll have to replay the game again just to ge this 1 trophy unless theres a work around or it gets patched.

Last trophy for me (of course a bugged trophy would be) and I have the same issue with the counter stuck at 3/6.

Reloaded a couple of old saves and it's still doing the same.

I'll try equipping some different wings and doing the challenge in different locations, but i've done the latter a few times already, so i'm not hopeful.

Soooo Just got the trophy on Wingsuit Saboteur in El Dorado,the one south of Insurance Fraud. It took many many tries! My counter was also stuck on 3/6...You have to be really fast! Keep circling those roofs is the best tip I can give. Also hit L1 as many times as,you can (even if you see no prompt) Hope it helps

Edited by GoryGreg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GoryGreg said:

Soooo Just got the trophy on Wingsuit Saboteur in El Dorado,the one south of Insurance Fraud. It took many many tries! My counter was also stuck on 3/6...You have to be really fast! Keep circling those roofs is the best tip I can give. Also hit L1 as many times as,you can (even if you see no prompt) Hope it helps

Just took your advice after struggling so long with this challenge and it did eventuially work, I'll admit I wasnt expecting it to after trying for so long

Mines was stuck on 3/6 too, I got it by doing wingsuit fast travel in Lakeshore North and circled the green grass area and just spammed L1, it eventually gave me a 6/6. Took me a while but I eventually got it

11 hours ago, Ashbo said:

Last trophy for me (of course a bugged trophy would be) and I have the same issue with the counter stuck at 3/6.

Reloaded a couple of old saves and it's still doing the same.

I'll try equipping some different wings and doing the challenge in different locations, but i've done the latter a few times already, so i'm not hopeful.

I can confirm that changing your wingsuit gets you the Winging It challenge for bouncing off 6 people in 30secs.

Tried it with the wingsuit I had equipped, didnt unlock, changed to Feather Wings from DaVinci Wings and the challenge completed first time. ?

Hope this helps and works for others.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ashbo said:

I can confirm that changing your wingsuit gets you the Winging It challenge for bouncing off 6 people in 30secs.

Tried it with the wingsuit I had equipped, didnt unlock, changed to Feather Wings from DaVinci Wings and the challenge completed first time. 1f44d.png

Hope this helps and works for others.

Can also confirm this, did it last night and worked first go! :D

• Like 1

It is definitely bugged. My counter for going from a car to a wingsuit doesn't even increase. 

Might try changing my wingsuit later but I can't even get the other part of it to increase.

Such a pain. I dont know whether to rush a partial playthrough afterwards or wait on a patch.

I haven't done any coop either and most of my other challenges are unlocking (except crushing 6 cars in 10 seconds that's stuck on 3 lololololol)

Edited by Spork_the_BOAT

Kept retrying it daily for an hour, and one time it just popped. I didn't do anything different or faster then the previous times. It also felt way longer than 30s for the 6. But I'm done and got the Plat. 

All the best to the rest here who keep trying. 

I keep trying the bounce of people thing and I can never get it to work. 

Something I did notice is that when I bounce close to an object, let's say a street light, I think the game is using/registering the bounce as coming from that object even if the pedestrian does goes to the ground.... That could be why it's "glitched".

• Like 1