PS4 1.61

A12

• Picture quality during playback has been improved.

• Wireless stereo headsets (CECHYA - 0080 / CECHYA-0083 / CECHYA - 0086) and stereo headset (CECHYA - 0088) are now supported.

• You can now mute the microphone for Playstation® Camera.

• System software stability during use of some features has been improved.

"PS4 firmware v1.61 is now live (mandatory) and provides general enhancements to the PS4 system’s stability," said PlayStation community manager Chris Owen, via Twitter

Owen clarified in response to queries on Twitter that update 1.61 does not add any new features to the PS4, but that the update fixes "mainly back end stuff".

However, Owen said that Sony is listening to requested features from PS4 owners, in particular requests for an update which allows the PS4 to indicate to players when their friends come online and offline. 

Owen says that these requests have been fed back into Sony, but that the team cannot announce any new features "until given the green light".

Edited by A12621A

I'm not sure I want a update letting me know when friends come online for the simple fact it will get distracting. If you have a lot of friends on ps4 you could get non stop notifications.

I just want to know when we will get some of the features they already announced like the resume feature for games.

Has anyone actually been able to play a game while it is downloading. don't know if that feaure is available yet or not. I haven't been able to.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I want a update letting me know when friends come online for the simple fact it will get distracting. If you have a lot of friends on ps4 you could get non stop notifications.

I just want to know when we will get some of the features they already announced like the resume feature for games.

Has anyone actually been able to play a game while it is downloading. don't know if that feaure is available yet or not. I haven't been able to.

On PS3 I never noticed the notifications unless it was a trophy.

You can already resume games. It depends on the game.

I don't know about the game itself, but I know it doesn't pause downloads when playing. And I think that feature has more to due with Gaikai streaming.

I want a PS3 update that lets us see who on our friends list is on PS4.

Same here, why they haven't is beyond me

On PS3 I never noticed the notifications unless it was a trophy.

You can already resume games. It depends on the game.

I don't know about the game itself, but I know it doesn't pause downloads when playing. And I think that feature has more to due with Gaikai streaming.

Which games support the resume feature? Cause I haven't heard of any 

Definitely agree with this.  It gets REALLY annoying when someone's internet is acting up or something and they keep going on and off, notifications every 2 seconds.

• Like 1

Am not too sure whether you're having a unique glitch or something in your PS4.

Because on my end, I can seamlessly switch between NBA TV and any game in my library in any given time.

I can switch between a BD movie and a game inside my HDD with no issues at all.

I just pressed the :ps: and that's it. Though once you're back at your game, you'll be greeted with a PAUSED screen which makes sense

cause who would've want their game to be running in free mode while not playing..but after you went passed PAUSED screen you be playing where you left off. Its instantaneous.

Hope the comment is somewhat helpful.

UPDATE: Yes! you can play games while the system is making a download. I was playing Knack while dloading OUTLAST the other week. With no issues at all.

Cheers!#goodvibes :highfive: 

-Razgriz  

Edited by xf22Razgriz

Am not too sure whether you're having a unique glitch or something in your PS4.

Because on my end, I can seamlessly switch between NBA TV and any game in my library in any given time.

I can switch between a BD movie and a game inside my HDD with no issues at all.

I just pressed the :ps: and that's it. Though once you're back at your game, you'll be greeted with a PAUSED screen which makes sense

cause who would've want their game to be running in free mode while not playing..but after you went passed PAUSED screen you be playing where you left off. Its instantaneous.

Hope the comment is somewhat helpful.

UPDATE: Yes! you can play games while the system is making a download. I was playing Knack while dloading OUTLAST the other week. With no issues at all.

Cheers!#goodvibes :highfive: 

-Razgriz

I understand what you are saying about the resume. I thought there was a feature for when you shut the system off (or stanby) and when you boot it up again you pick up were you left off.

When I have downloadied games and click it just takes me to the download screen. Maybe I haven't allowed enough to download before trying.

I understand what you are saying about the resume. I thought there was a feature for when you shut the system off (or stanby) and when you boot it up again you pick up were you left off.

When I have downloadied games and click it just takes me to the download screen. Maybe I haven't allowed enough to download before trying.

I see. I know what you mean..it was part of that Commercial campaign prior to launch of the PS4.

I just can't get the youtube video as of the moment as our server here in the office is currently locked down (from FB and Youtube) lol.

But if am not mistaken I did run into that by accident..placing the unit in standby mode as my rice is about to get toast! hehe

later tonight..let me confirm that again if possible.

• Like 1

What the music audio codecs, and network features noticing other computers. Sony did say they are working on it that was like a month ago.

- Themes

- Music & Video codecs (.Mp3, .wma, .wmv, etc.)

- PC Network Server connectivity

- Folders, Playlists

- I also noticed as well when u download updates or other stuff it just has delete option so pause would be good.

- Seeing trophies offline, as I don't have good internet and I use PS4 about 90% of the time offline.