PSA: Shorten load times and avoid fighting the camera.

Drahcir7x2

Yeah.. I only just learned about the loading thing myself. Was losing my mind and getting so annoyed with the amount of loading screens and them lasting for 10+ secs on a PS5. HIGHLY recommend people turn it off. 

Same with Camera distance and Camera location. Don't get how anyone thought this design was a good idea.. But at least there's options.

Edited by Zuntenshi

14 hours ago, Drahcir7x2 said:

I was having a terrible time with the first few hours of the game because of the camera, and the loading times, but I discovered that some of my issues can be fixed in the options menu.

Loading Screen Tips should be set to Hide.

Camera Tracking should be set to Don't Apply

Camera Distance should be set on Max

#1 Loading Screen Tips - The Loading Times for PS5 is actually 2-3 Seconds per screen, but the game actively waits 10 seconds so that you can read the "Tips", by hiding the Tips, you can save so much time.

#2 Camera Tracking - This is for people that control both the movement w/ the left analog stick and the camera with the right analog stick like the Persona series. Camera Tracking sometimes resets your camera as you move it, I felt like I was fighting with the camera, turning this off makes exploration smoother.

#3 Camera Distance - I felt that the default distance made it hard to discern enemy distance, which makes hitting them harder, setting it to the max, whilst having a slightly top view allows me to discern the environment better.

Same setting with this is perfect, whitout is atrocious 

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, thanks for this. I spent way too much time staring at he loading screens and wondering why only this game loads so slowly on my PS5. If I had found this topic 60 hours earlier it would have saved me so much time. I hope no other dev ever do something like this again for PS5 games.

• 2 weeks later...