The PlayStation 4 Firmware Update Thread (5.50 is Live)

Parker

20 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I have a feeling it may be next week when it comes out. I could be wrong though.

The update was revealed on February 3rd. So on March third the update will have been announced 1 month ago and the beta will have also started a month ago. If we don't get it this week than I definitely think it's happening next week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ratchetdude231 said:

The update was revealed on February 3rd. So on March third the update will have been announced 1 month ago and the beta will have also started a month ago. If we don't get it this week than I definitely think it's happening next week.

Believe me, I would love it to go live this week. I want to try boost mode out on my PS4 Pro. Other than that there isn't to much that interest me this time around.

2 hours ago, mojtaba333 said:

I Would Say Most Likely

We would all like to say that.  

But at the last second they could say nope not ready, if they wanted/needed to. So we won't know till they announce it or push it.

Imo I think they're just going to push it when it's ready. 

I'm hoping for today/tonight but we'll see

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

The update will be released (Finally after a Month in Beta) Tomorrow, officially announced by Playstation on his blog and with new features that i guess weren't included in the Beta!

Here's the article:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/08/ps4-system-software-update-4-50-out-tomorrow/

Can't wait for it for the External Support (Gonna definitevely save my Dark chronicle Complete Run when i finish it!) and the Images as custom Background (That luckily works like the profile so i cna just share with a friend a image online and use it XD) 

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone else started having problems with messages since the new update?

Since the new update, for some reason, PS4 formats my messages into group messages (though they still appear normally on Vita) and does not show notifications when someone messages me. Someone actually messaged me day ago and nothing. I had to check manually.

28 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Since the new update, for some reason, PS4 formats my messages into group messages (though they still appear normally on Vita) and does not show notifications when someone messages me. Someone actually messaged me day ago and nothing. I had to check manually.

For me still fine, i recieve the Messages notifications and i'm in a "Group" or let's say conversation with just 1 other person, maybe you touched the Message notification without noticing? It happened for me for the trophies.

1 hour ago, Sora9427 said:

For me still fine, i recieve the Messages notifications and i'm in a "Group" or let's say conversation with just 1 other person, maybe you touched the Message notification without noticing? It happened for me for the trophies.

I went there immediately and turned it off and back on to test it. 

But nope, no dice.

56 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I went there immediately and turned it off and back on to test it. 

But nope, no dice.

I see, then i don't know honestly for me it's fine and it's the first time i hear about this :hmm:

Maybe it's just a temporary problem!

On 21/04/2017 at 6:41 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

You message people on PSN? D: And here I thought you were 3social5me. :awesome:

W-W-Where's my message, Satoshi-sama? Did you forget about me?

tumblr_m9wjveIE2i1r00elk.gif

But seriously, I haven't had this problem yet. Have you tried leaving the group and sending another message?

22 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

You message people on PSN?

You think I would? :P

Obviously others keep bothering me because my weeb aura is attracting everyone :awesome: 

23 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I could never forget...

a weeb disgrace :awesome::awesome::awesome: 

23 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Have you tried leaving the group and sending another message?

Yea, tried it after trying notifications. After pressing send message, it immediately changes into group message.

However, as I said, on Vita the message shows normally.

To make it easier, here's a screenshot and a clear difference between newer messages and older ones.

(First message intentional :awesome:)

ajGB7wK.jpg

It seems that PS4 now formats everything new as a group message which never happened to me before.

As seen on the picture messages from Friday and today are notably different from older ones which were pre-update and I didn't post anything new in them.

And I no longer get a notification on PS4 whenever there's a new message from one of these groups. (Wolfie can try it himself by sending picture of Futaba-tan :awesome:).

• Like 1

On 4/21/2017 at 1:41 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

31 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

You message people on PSN? D: And here I thought you were 3social5me. :awesome:

tumblr_m9wjveIE2i1r00elk.gif

But seriously, I haven't had this problem yet. Have you tried leaving the group and sending another message?

I also have some issues. It's very intermittent, I know because I'll hear my phone go off for the message but nothing shows up on the tv. 

I'd say every 10 messages 1 is not updated. I have to go in and manually update. 

Thankfully the Android PSMessenger doesn't seem to be effected. 

"3social5me" I'm unfamiliar with this how do you say it so I know in the future. (I can take a wild guess on what it means though lol) 

11 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I also have some issues. It's very intermittent, I know because I'll hear my phone go off for the message but nothing shows up on the tv. 

I'd say every 10 messages 1 is not updated. I have to go in and manually update. 

Thankfully the Android PSMessenger doesn't seem to be effected. 

Exactly the same situation. Droid messenger is okay, notifications coming but nothing shows up on PS4.

Though, it seems something did happen as when I was posting that picture and checked the messenger, my avatar became blank, lol.

12 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

"3social5me" I'm unfamiliar with this how do you say it so I know in the future. (I can take a wild guess on what it means though lol) 

It's my inside joke =D

It means 'too social for me' or '2social4me' and I incremented both numbers by one :awesome: 

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I could never forget...

a weeb disgrace :awesome::awesome::awesome: 

senpai-noticed-me2.jpg

:giggle:

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

It seems that PS4 now formats everything new as a group message which never happened to me before.

As seen on the picture messages from Friday and today are notably different from older ones which were pre-update and I didn't post anything new in them.

And I no longer get a notification on PS4 whenever there's a new message from one of these groups. (Wolfie can try it himself by sending picture of Futaba-tan :awesome:).

That's really strange. The only thing I can think of is to go into safe mode and try rebuilding the database. You could also pick the "Restore Default Settings" option. It's worth a try at least.