Slow laptop

RockySanchez666

You're making yourself ridiculous by advising other people to buy a mac

As a PC user since the days of Windows 3.1, I strongly urge anyone to buy a Mac. I moved from PC to Mac in 2009 and couldn't be happier. Yes, Macs suck for gaming (unless you're prepared to spend a bomb on the fucking awesome and customisable Mac Pro), but as console gamers that shouldn't matter, we've got gaming covered. For everything else, Mac kicks Windows arse.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 2

Seeing that you just got it repaired.Go to start/control panel/device manager and see if you have a yellow question mark in there under wireless card,maybe you don't have all the correct drivers,try updating drivers even if there isn't.If you have any kind of connection to search update if not hard wire laptop to get them.Or disable wireless in services & restart laptop to see if it reloads all the correct drivers.

Edited by electrifryer

As a PC user since the days of Windows 3.1, I strongly urge anyone to buy a Mac. I moved from PC to Mac in 2009 and couldn't be happier. Yes, Macs suck for gaming, but as console gamers that shouldn't matter. For everything else, Mac kicks Windows arse.

Unless you just can't justify spending the money and use computers for occasional social media.

Or just can't afford it.

Unless you just can't justify spending the money and use computers for occasional social media.

Or just can't afford it.

If you can't justify the expense and only use a PC for social media, buy an iPad. 

"It's too expensive!" and "You can't customise it!" are the catch-cries of PC users who have never touched a Mac.

I've built a succession of gaming PCs over a period of two decades and NONE of them were cheaper than a Mac. 

Can you customise your PS3, 360, PS4 or XB1? Didn't think so. Better ditch it then, it's clearly useless. OS X is built on a Unix core and is far more customisable and powerful than the Windows UI and shell. It's a power-users's wet dream.

But most PC users wouldn't know that because they're slaves to Microsoft and don't know any better. Break the bond, cut those apron strings and ditch Windows. Life is so much better without it.

If you can't justify the expense and only use a PC for social media, buy an iPad. 

"It's too expensive!" and "You can't customise it!" are the catch-cries of PC users who have never touched a Mac.

I've built a succession of gaming PCs over a period of two decades and NONE of them were cheaper than a Mac. 

Can you customise your PS3, 360, PS4 or XB1? Didn't think so. Better ditch it then, it's clearly useless. OS X is built on a Unix core and is far more customisable and powerful than the Windows UI and shell. It's a power-users's wet dream.

But most PC users wouldn't know that because they're slaves to Microsoft and don't know any better. Break the bond, cut those apron strings and ditch Windows. Life is so much better without it.

Dude even Linux is superior to ''mac'' ((donalds?))

• Like 1

Dude even Linux is superior to ''mac'' ((donalds?))

Dude, OS X has Unix at its core, which is the enterprise-level version of Linux (Unix = commercial, Linux = open source). So does the PS3, PS4 and Valve's Steam OS which shits on Windows for PC gaming performance, just as OS X shits on Windows for application performance. But thanks for sharing your limited knowledge on the subject.

Microsoft Windows is nothing more than bloatware, a bottleneck on system performance and a magnet for malware. Ditch it and make the world a happier place.

Have I stopped looking ridiculous yet?

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 1

this could be several problems,

first of all the simple ones. 

clear your cache and cookies

download google Chrome

run an anti spyware and malware program (i recommend searchbot S&D and MBAM)

but because you are on a laptop it could also be: 

your laptop is to dusty on the inside, so your processor heats up faster, making it run at slower clocking speeds, which makes your laptop slow.

a RAM module could've broke time to upgrade it!

check your BIOS setup, to see if all settings are ok. if you are not sure, then just go to the last page (on the right usually) and click Factory settings.

if non of this works try re-installing Windows (7) , or try a new OS ex: Ubuntu ,Knoppix, redhat, or even apple's OS (mountain lion or whatever its called) 

you do not need to buy a new laptop for that btw, there are TONS of tutorials teaching you how to put it on a normal PC, no need to waste 2000 bucks on an Apple PC.

@ant1th3s1s

i think Linux is the ''KING'' of customization. 

you tell people to ''cut their ties'' with microsoft, but to be honest OS x aint that great either, 

microsoft has far more support, especially with video games.

i find the start bar, making home groups, the jump lists, the great task bar, all great features. a reason why I use Windows 7. 

anyways no need to get into a damn OS fanboys argument, all OS's have their own great features, i'd be happy to hear what OS X's are, cause i worked with it for about 40 hours and thought it was very very anoying, maybe cause i'm not used to it, i dont know. the thing that really irritated me is that maximizing a screen isn't reallly maximizing a screen.. 

Edited by gerardNL0
  • Like 1

Dude, OS X has Unix at its core, which is the enterprise-level version of Linux (Unix = commercial, Linux = open source). So does the PS3, PS4 and Valve's Steam OS which shits on Windows for PC gaming performance, just as OS X shits on Windows for application performance. But thanks for sharing your limited knowledge on the subject.

Microsoft Windows is nothing more than bloatware, a bottleneck on system performance and a magnet for malware. Ditch it and make the world a happier place.

Have I stopped looking ridiculous yet?

Yes you have because you're not advising people to buy (big) macs