Estimated difficulty / time to plat?

Stargazer14096

I don't know much about Inscryption, except that I should try to go into it knowing as little as possible, so I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers. I'm also avoiding looking at the trophy list cuz that other forum post said so lol. But on that note, I'm just curious if anyone's played this before on PC, and if you guys have an estimate on how long it'll take to plat this, and how hard it might be?

Most the trophies in this game are pretty easy. however at the end of last year Inscryption on PC got a free update that added a challenge mode. 
The ps4/ps5 version has trophies for that challenge mode.
Now this challenge mode isn't too crazy, but it does bump the time to complete up and the overall difficulty. Due to the nature of these challenges, they can be time consuming.

So for how long the platinum is, if you played on pc and did all the challenges and are pretty good at the game, you can probably get it around 25~30 hours. 
But for new players I suspect the platinum will take most between 30~50+ hours, maybe longer if you have bad luck.

Difficulty wise, probably a 4/5? as some challenges will require a few/many attempts to get.

Edited by Radister
  • Like 2

Well I'm fairly close to the plat, I'd say it's a bit complicated. The normal game is about a 2/10 for difficulty and the Kaycee's mod part is about a 6/10. At first it was nearly impossible but it gets easier after some learning. 

Normal game is about 8-10 hours, kaycees mod depends but I'd say it's about 15+ hours. There are 9 missable trophies for the normal game part, they would require a new playthrough for cleanup.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Septomor said:

Well I'm fairly close to the plat, I'd say it's a bit complicated. The normal game is about a 2/10 for difficulty and the Kaycee's mod part is about a 6/10. At first it was nearly impossible but it gets easier after some learning. 

Normal game is about 8-10 hours, kaycees mod depends but I'd say it's about 15+ hours. There are 9 missable trophies for the normal game part, they would require a new playthrough for cleanup.

They aren't missable though, because you have chapter select once you beat the game. I think they are just chapter specific missables.

Edited by psycho_clank314
  • Like 1

alright got the plat, the trophy for beating Kaycee's mod with all the challenges is pretty insane. Like a 9/10 territory. But it's really down to RNG and not because pressing buttons and reacting or something. When going for it it's pretty much necessary to plan it out before doing the run, to figure out what you're looking for and soft reset if you don't get what you need within the first few areas.

There are a few videos, personally I used the strategy in *Spoilers* this speedrun of all-challenges. I had pretty much the same setup before facing the first boss, which is pretty necessary. There are other ways of winning and no 2 runs will be the same, so really it's fairly grindy. I'd say I underestimated the time it would take, probably looking at 35 hours for plat.

The story mode is fairly easy, there are a lot of catch up mechanics and tools to move on with the story. it is meant to be played through. The hardest part are the first few runs, when you have no clue how the card game works and no unlocked tools and cards to make it easier.

But once you start playing Kaycee's Mod, the shit hits the fan. It's basically a roguelike challenge mode of the first act of the game that you have to play through with increasingly difficult modifiers to advance your challenge level and unlock new stuff. It's similar to the "heat" system in Hades to give a reference. Oh and they removed or nerfed OP cards and tools from the story mode (like Ouroboros).

Your are looking at at least 13 full playthroughs (1h each) and many more failed attempts including one playthrough with ALL difficulty modifiers enabled to finish all trophies. I'd say Kaycee's Mod alone will take 20+ hours and is at least a 7/10 difficulty. But I only reached challenge level 5 as of writing this, so no idea how hard it really gets.

So yeah, I just got the plat, and I can confirm that "Skull Storm" is where the difficulty is at. Because of one specific difficulty modifier, this would be a 8/10. A single mistake will usually cost you the whole run.

On the other hand... with some save scumming it can be brought down to a 6/10. :-/

Kaycees mods difficulty is not so bad

Imo there are two modifiers that are really painfull, first being only having one candle and the second the infamous grizzlies.

Using the mantis deck its fairly simple to complete most of kaycees mod, use a ring worm on the campfire to hopefully poison the hunters (use it twice, 50% chance on second use) buff the mantis and try to get cards with double shot, bifurcation or trifurcation to put them on the mantis. mantis god is also a insta take.

Keep your deck very small to keep control over your starting hand else you will have to rely on rng and magpie to grab the card from your deck.

• Like 1

Okay Platinum done in 40 hours.
base game took 13hours, Kaycess mod took me about 18 hours. further 5 hours doing  Kaycess mod oil painting as i got terrible luck here. and a few hour to clean up the campaign. 

As for the hardest road block.
If we forget about challenge level 1 to 12 and just speak about the all challenge mode, its not too bad.

My solution was alot like monteblommie solution above, i used the mantis deck.
the bears are the real problem here. you need to kill a bear and do 6 points of damage in a single turn.
So your need an ability to attack twice, or somehow get more cards on the table.
as its still world 1 you deck is small and weak. and you somehow need to be strong.

how i did it is, I got my mantis lord up to attack 5, with bifurcation. and got lucky with Fecundity totem. so i got 2 mantis lord played and did 20 points of damage to one space.
there are a few solutions but your looking for a way to one shot every encounter and you need to get that powerful in just one world.

Its very very RNG heavy, but there are a few things you can do to help.
To start with the hardest part of the challenge is world 1 boss. So your won't be doing 40mins runs, instead they will be between 2mins and 8mins.
your know long before you get to the boss if you will able to take him on. and you should just end it if you think there is no hope. (but make sure to die in a fight, as if you quit you will get a penalty) 
So your probably do around 10 runs an hour and it going to suck.

Another note, there is a way to 100% draw the mantis lord every battle.
at the start of every battle you will always draw a 1 blood card if you have one. So burn/get rid of your rinig worm cards, and don't pick up any more level 1 cards.
this way you will always have your powerful mantis lord every battle, no need to worry about deck rng messing you over.
If you choose to use a direworlf instead, i suggest trying this with a black goat with the magpie ability. that way you can always summon it in turn one.

once you got a card able to beat the boss your be set to complete the run. you can just power level the mantis lord and destroy everything that comes up. 
So if you plan to save scum, keep a save right after world 1 encase you somehow mess up in world 2,3,4.

The hardest part of the platinum is RNG, But it not super crazy RNG, it might take an hour or a few hours to get a card able to get past world 1.
 If you want this platinum you can 100% get it. it will take time and annoying RNG, but it is achievable.

• Like 3

On 9/2/2022 at 11:51 AM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Forget trophies, just the game is hard. these pros come in here and saying it's a easy and 2/10. stahp it

Thank you! Glad someone said it! lol. Just got my plat like 10 minutes ago and man, relying on the damn near PERFECT RNG for Skull Storm puts this at least like 8/10, but then also needing to think so many moves ahead and everything. This is one of the most rewarding plats I've gotten in a long time. Loved it and I feel like I felt my heart rate drop back to normal after clearing the 3rd boss bears. lol

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 6:36 AM, proud2bNs said:

Finished my plat today. I'd say it's a 5-6/10 when you figured out the most important mechanics. I wrote a quick guide for Kaycee's Mod and would appreciate your thoughts and strategies:

Just got my plat now too. The tips here were incredibly useful!

All I can say is Mantis God is the absolute best deck. If you can get it to 6 power plus the extra hits from transferring Mantis or Pronghorn sigils, then it's almost impossible to lose. You won't even need any more items to clear the bears since Mantis God will do that and win all on his own. I'd say overall Kaycee's Mod is a 5-6/10 difficulty once you unlock the Mantis deck. I tried playing around with the Black Goat setup too but I found that Mantis was just way more consistent since you only need that one card, whereas Black Goat still needs you to see a Magpie early in the run to find the Direwolf.