Worth it/possible to start from scratch on the MP now?

Xillynoc

Never got into Red Dead back when it was hot and fresh, but it's always piqued my interest and the complete editions of the game with all the DLC aren't too pricey...but I've also heard the servers are kinda degraded now and a patch has made the grind to level 50 much harder. With all that in mind, is it worthwhile or even possible to start on the MP in late 2022 and actually finish it with boosting partners and all (if so, what timeframe am I looking at?), or is it outside the realm of feasibility for anyone who doesn't already have skin in the game, so to speak, with progress from earlier in the game's lifetime?

16 minutes ago, Xillynoc said:

Never got into Red Dead back when it was hot and fresh, but it's always piqued my interest and the complete editions of the game with all the DLC aren't too pricey...but I've also heard the servers are kinda degraded now and a patch has made the grind to level 50 much harder. With all that in mind, is it worthwhile or even possible to start on the MP in late 2022 and actually finish it with boosting partners and all (if so, what timeframe am I looking at?), or is it outside the realm of feasibility for anyone who doesn't already have skin in the game, so to speak, with progress from earlier in the game's lifetime?

Actually yes I believe so and actually if you don't mind using a random glitch getting to 50 shouldn't be hard at all but it's about random if you'll actually find a glitched server and such there's a thread in here somewhere talking about it. So I don't think it would be too hard to complete multiplayer if you can get people to boost with and can find the glitched servers or just go it the long way lol

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xillynoc said:

Timeframe isnt that long, most boosted trophies went quick, maybe 20hrs. MP was the best part imo and i have many fond memories.  Advanced Missions were (good)madness.  I finished it last year after popping 1 trophy in 2015, just keep an eye out for boosting groups for a couple trophies that need 8+ players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kkulifay said:

I believe Rockstar was in the process of making a next-gen remake of RD1, but tabled it to deploy their resources into GTA6. Do we know if the project got cancelled entirely or if they’ll resume at a future date?

It's all speculation because it's based on a rumor (albeit from a seemingly trustworthy source). This is the exact wording of the original tweet:

As per a reliable source with clear accuracy on Rockstar plans, remasters of GTA IV & RDR1 were on the table a few years ago, but Rockstar chose not to proceed with the projects in mind. The poor reception of the Trilogy DE might be a reason behind that decision.

They were taken 'off the table' after the release of the Trilogy DE so it seems like it's mostly cancelled although I don't think it necessarily means they will never come to light.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/3/2022 at 5:20 AM, ConAir said:

Yes, it's a popular game. On Discord I regularly see people looking for groups to unlock Posse Up, Pokerface and Kingpin. Try to find a complete edition of the game.

Can you point me to the correct discord for this? I’m trying to get posse up and looking for some people to play with as I go for lvl 50. Thanks in advance!

On 1/19/2023 at 2:00 AM, CymroMatt said:

Hi, which Discord is this?

18 hours ago, J-ballz said:

Can you point me to the correct discord for this? I’m trying to get posse up and looking for some people to play with as I go for lvl 50. Thanks in advance!

Hi people.

It's this one: https://discord.gg/playstationsociety

Recent server events were for Kingpin and Pokerface (DLC).

• Like 1