PS4 RPG You should look out for !

ridwaano

216 members have voted

1. 1. What Rpg game a you looking forward too?

• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    • Kingdom Hearts 3
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition (3)
    • The Elder Scrolls Online
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • Deep Down - PS4
    • Child of Light
    • Everquest Next
    • Lord of the Fallen
    • Bound by Flame
    • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • Tom Clancy's The Division
    • Transistor
    • Mass Effect 4
    • kingdom come deliverance
    • Fallout 4
    • Elder scrolls VI
    • Game Of Trone Made By Telltale Games
    • destiny
    • Other games then on the list

I'm honestly suprised by this thread.

FFXV should win this by a MILE.

I mean Kingdomhearts 3 is gonna be amazing but c'mon It's just a sequel to a game we loved as kids, there is a big chunk of nostalgia involved...

And i really don't get this hype with the witcher 3. Nobody even played the first game and nobody cared about the 2nd when it released. It was a sleeper and now it has a mild fanbase. I don't get where this hype is coming from.

FFXV hands down, i'll buy a ps4 for this game.

I'm also pretty excited for mass effect 4 & fallout 4 tho :D (whenever that may come)

Costume Quest 2. Though since it's unknown if that will actually be on PS4 or not I'll go with Child of Light.

Edit: I'm curious to see how previous actions in Dragon Age 1 and 2 will influence 3 since you won't be able to import your save like in DA2. I'm assuming some sort of interactive comic like what the PS3 version of ME2 got.

I'm also curious to see if FF XV is going to suck or actually be an RPG or not since nothing they've shown that I've seen indicates there's anything RPG about it still. Now it just looks like another DMC/GoW clone. Of course it was originally going to be Versus so I'm keeping that in mind about it since the original title just indicates a more action oriented game than normal.

Edited by BooneJusticius

What i am Really looking forward to the new rpg game they a cooking up

(Guerilla Games working on an open world RPG with New Vegas lead writer) <<

That a nice Headline i saw few month ago !!

Cyberpunk that new Ip made by CD RED project Red ( New RPG / ACtion !!)

Cyberpunk-20771.jpg

The Witcher 3 of course

Fallout and Mass Effect are not rpgs people, neither are Destiny and Tom Clancy :facepalm:

Destiny and Tom Clancy, possibly not.

Mass Effect and Fallout are definetly RPGs.

Fallout is the SAME GAME as Skyrim, with a different setting.

Do you consider Skyrim to be 'not an RPG?'

I'm honestly suprised by this thread.

FFXV should win this by a MILE.

I mean Kingdomhearts 3 is gonna be amazing but c'mon It's just a sequel to a game we loved as kids, there is a big chunk of nostalgia involved...

Im looking forward to FFXV, but expecting disappointment.

What you say about KH3 applies to FF as well - the nostalgia is what keeps bringing us back

I've quite enjoyed a lot of FF games, but lets face it, there hasn't been a GREAT FF game since FF6 - just a smattering of good ones mixed in with a few clunkers.

Destiny and Tom Clancy, possibly not.

Mass Effect and Fallout are definetly RPGs.

Fallout is the SAME GAME as Skyrim, with a different setting.

Do you consider Skyrim to be 'not an RPG?'

Im looking forward to FFXV, but expecting disappointment.

What you say about KH3 applies to FF as well - the nostalgia is what keeps bringing us back

I've quite enjoyed a lot of FF games, but lets face it, there hasn't been a GREAT FF game since FF6 - just a smattering of good ones mixed in with a few clunkers.

Destiny and Tom Clancy are shooters, read my previous posts.

RPGs are not the same genre as action rpgs.

Destiny and Tom Clancy are shooters, read my previous posts.

RPGs are not the same genre as action rpgs.

RPG is too broad a term for you to get your point across. Mass Effect and Fallout have a central focus on a particular character (in this case, the bunker escapee or Commander Shepard), and the adventure that they go through. What separates this scenario from the likes a Mario game is growth and expansion. This is definitely in those games, and that is why people will argue those games are RPGs.

You are using the wrong titular division of genre to make your point. RPG can be divided into Japanese, Western, Strategy and Action, and there's probably more. Basically, you're comparing the entirety of the Metal music genre to one of the 30 odd metal types out there. Finally, you expect us to make that distinction.

Games borrow elements from other genres all the time. To consider a game not of that genre when it borrows heavily is silly. I mean sure, the games are TPS for the most part at the engagement level, but if that's all you're gonna base a game's genre on, of course you're going to get disagreed upon, which then goes to confuse everyone.

So few preferences for Bound by Flame?

Strange :hmm: it looked interesting to me. The visuals at the least :hmm:

Looking forward to it myself. I want to see how thin the line between Paladin and Demon can get. Of course, I shouldn't expect to much, but if like to see and feel the effects immediately.

• Like 1

RPG is too broad a term for you to get your point across. Mass Effect and Fallout have a central focus on a particular character (in this case, the bunker escapee or Commander Shepard), and the adventure that they go through. What separates this scenario from the likes a Mario game is growth and expansion. This is definitely in those games, and that is why people will argue those games are RPGs.

You are using the wrong titular division of genre to make your point. RPG can be divided into Japanese, Western, Strategy and Action, and there's probably more. Basically, you're comparing the entirety of the Metal music genre to one of the 30 odd metal types out there. Finally, you expect us to make that distinction.

Games borrow elements from other genres all the time. To consider a game not of that genre when it borrows heavily is silly. I mean sure, the games are TPS for the most part at the engagement level, but if that's all you're gonna base a game's genre on, of course you're going to get disagreed upon, which then goes to confuse everyone.

Looking forward to it myself. I want to see how thin the line between Paladin and Demon can get. Of course, I shouldn't expect to much, but if like to see and feel the effects immediately.

You are saying action rpgs are a sub-genre of rpgs, as I've said before its an entire genre on its own.

Call it silly or however you want, I am not looking for anyone's approval.

I miss the days when we only called turn based games RPG's....

Yeah man, I love those great old rpgs like Chess, Monopoly and Checkers ;)

You are saying action rpgs are a sub-genre of rpgs, as I've said before its an entire genre on its own.

You are, thats why you keep posting. If you weren't you'd just leave it alone ;)

Im pretty interested, but I have a nagging feeling that it might be the first of many poor-mans Dark Souls type games - as the popularity of the Souls series has blossomed (over twice the number of players than any other game on this site right now) I can see a bunch of pretenders coming along looking to compete and falling on thier faces

I'd love love LOVE to be proven wrong though!

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Im pretty interested, but I have a nagging feeling that it might be the first of many poor-mans Dark Souls type games - as the popularity of the Souls series has blossomed (over twice the number of players than any other game on this site right now) I can see a bunch of pretenders coming along looking to compete and falling on thier faces

I'd love love LOVE to be proven wrong though!

I fear it will be more like DAII.

Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy. Those are rpg's in my mind.

They are RPGs in EVERYONES mind - great ones too (glad to see someone give some love to Earthbound - still the most money ive ever paid to import a game, but totally worth it!)

I think the point was that the genre is big enough to accomodate more than just traditional JRPGs.

I fear it will be more like DAII.

Haha, you know Id like that tho - you and I have had plenty disagreements over the arguable merits of DA2! ;)

Could not agree more. but i will say rpg. is a role you can play. or you get choice´s !!

I miss the days when we only called turn based games RPG's....

Well i love based turn games--like enchanted arms 1 of my fav! not mainstream at all

209345-enchanted-arms-xbox-360-screensho

i think its more like Witcher !! and i really want both games!

Edited by ridwaano

True, true. You shouldn't have to approve yourself. I just felt there was a heavy confusion in this thread and I made an attempt to clear it. Sorry if it came out offensive.

• 2 weeks later...