Level Boost

oswald41

28 minutes ago, oswald41 said:

If you do the level boost to 45 does it disable any trophies?

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/assassins-creed-origins/gameplay/article/boosting-bayek-to-level-45-in-assassins-creed-origins/000062431 

"Boosting will automatically unlock all level progression achievements up to level 45". I haven't used it myself, but according to this article you should be fine.

• Like 1

You have to be careful. When I did this, it didn’t pop Handy Man. You should do that quickly, and then boost to 45. This is because when you do the level boost, it automatically upgrades all of your equipment. There is technically one upgrade left, but it requires a lot of rare materials so I didn’t even bother. I don’t even know if that would pop it.

As for the level 20 trophy, that actually doesn’t pop instantly. You need to get level 46 which is when it popped for me. You have to get the max level of 55 anyways so it’s no big deal. Otherwise, it is definitely recommended to boost Bayek to 45. It saved me a lot of ton of time. But just be weary about those two things while making sure you allocate your skill points accordingly to the stuff required on the trophy list. Hope this cleared it up for you, I had to dig a bit to find all this out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Man, why would you even do this?

Character progression is 60% of the fun of these games.

Plus, leveling up is super fast.

The Platinum requires all locations to be completed and that alone gives you a ton of XP.

Level boosting should only be used by people starting the DLC who no longer have their main game save.

Just sharing a point of view, obviously.

• Like 2

I mean, if you're going for platinum/100% on the game, you're going to max your level and stats anyway naturally along the way while doing everything else. 

There's not really any sense in boosting, not to mention you'll completely ruin the progression aspect of the game and RPG elements that way especially if you turn off enemy scaling on top of that. The game is easy enough as it is, how much easier do you need it? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Man, why would you even do this?

Character progression is 60% of the fun of these games.

Plus, leveling up is super fast.

The Platinum requires all locations to be completed and that alone gives you a ton of XP.

Level boosting should only be used by people starting the DLC who no longer have their main game save.

Just sharing a point of view, obviously.

Well the main reason i wanted to know is because i dont have my main save anymore which i had like 100 hours in and i only wanted to play the 2 dlc story packs. Character progression is also what i hate about this newer assassins creed games

10 minutes ago, oswald41 said:

Well the main reason i wanted to know is because i dont have my main save anymore which i had like 100 hours in and i only wanted to play the 2 dlc story packs. Character progression is also what i hate about this newer assassins creed games

Interesting to see that comment coming from a completionist, I remember abandon AC2 ages ago when I saw the million feathers I had to collect (maybe one day I will finish that game), meanwhile here I found the story and side quests very entertaining so even clocking a little less than the hundred hours it wasn't something I hated, I just hope I enjoy Odyssey and Valhalla more because those maps are bigger ?

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 11:17 PM, GoldenShaka said:

Interesting to see that comment coming from a completionist, I remember abandon AC2 ages ago when I saw the million feathers I had to collect (maybe one day I will finish that game), meanwhile here I found the story and side quests very entertaining so even clocking a little less than the hundred hours it wasn't something I hated, I just hope I enjoy Odyssey and Valhalla more because those maps are bigger 1f601.png

the feathers werent that bad and i stopped playing valhalla after about 20 hours i just hate doing side quests all i really care about are the main story missions i dont want to level up and do constant side quest just to unlock story missions

Edited by oswald41

• 2 months later...

I only had to craft 1 thing instead of 20 for Handy Man after doing the level boost - I didn't craft anything beforehand, either. I just had to start the Pharaohs DLC and play through the story a bit to get the special shards for crafting, which wasn't any extra work. There only reason I'd say not to do the level boost is because it makes this rather huge game feel pretty short. I'm 2 days in and only have a handful of trophies left