PS5 Patch not coming after all... (EDIT: ITS HERE)

DecSim01

3 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Currently I am at 60% estimated completion for Syndicate. The patch did an amazing job. No flickering issues at all since updating, and I estimate I've played ten hours over the last two days. There has been a small issue during one cut scene with a white ghost image over an NPC's face (Ned Wynvert), but nothing like this has occurred during gameplay. The healthcare concerns are real. The intensity of the flickering pre-patch was strong enough to induce seizures. Whenever the Jacob or Evie entered a building or the railway station, my screen would flash white and dark colors as rapidly as a strobe light. Since the patch, entering buildings or the railway station have not caused this issue. Syndicate is now playable on PS5. Ubisoft actually put customers first on this, and I am pleasantly surprised.

All right, thank you for sharing your experience! I'm definitely going to tackle this in the near future. Luckily it's in PS+ Extra/Premium anyway. :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CaptainCobana said:

All right, thank you for sharing your experience! I'm definitely going to tackle this in the near future. Luckily it's in PS+ Extra/Premium anyway. :)

Oh, I didn't realize Syndicate was on Premium. I am using a disc. If you don't already own the season pass, I recommend purchasing it while on sale. 

Trophies/Perks: The sixth mission of The Last Maharajah story, "Off the Rails", is the single best place in the game (*so far, I haven't finished Syndicate) to grind two trophies: Unsporting (shoot fifty enemies before they shoot you) and No Ticket (Kick fifty enemies off trains). It is also the best place in the story to grind Countershot and Electrifying perks

Weapons & Gear: The level 10 Kukri the Maharajah gives you for finishing the tenth and final memory is one of the best weapons in Syndicate with max Attack and max Lethality.

Weapons & Gear, Victorian Legends: The Lady Blooper (Evie outfit) and Monster (Jacob) outfits are two of the best outfits in game for melee fighting. Victorian Legends also provides the best handgun (personal opinion) and what are essentially level 10 melee weapons for level 7 characters. This allows players to focus on finishing the story rather than grinding XP. While the Streets of London Pack offers outfits with identical stats, I found them cosmetically boring. I am not playing to Syndicate to watch Ezio, Edward Kenway, or Aveline traverse Industrial London; I want to watch Jacob and Evie traverse and conquer Industrial London.

2 hours ago, Vynzen said:

Arrgh.... Just got the plat on PS4.  1f620.png

Sad to hear, but congrats on your platinum! Having never played Syndicate on PS4, I must say I am surprised at how long the loading times are on PS5. Fast traveling between points or loading new memories is a great time to leave the gaming area and grab coffee or take care of small personal needs. Even on PS5, the loads take. a. long. time. However, the gameplay has been very smooth, so I hope your gameplay experience on PS4 was enjoyable and smooth too.

Vynzen, your post deserves an upvote simply for the happy dog! Years ago, we had a boxer/pit bull mix, one of the best dogs ever. His sense of humor and kindness for other living creatures were almost human at times. He could turn into a guardian monster if he felt another living creature posed a threat (beware all postmen, other dogs, and raccoons), but 99% of the time he was a compassionate hugging machine with the soul of a clown. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 2:14 PM, StanPortrBridges said:

With companys like Ubisoft patching ancient games like Assassins creed Syndicate so they are playable on PS5, this hopefully sets forth a good example of taking care of your older catalogue.

I hope so, though I believe Ubisoft's motivation is purely financial. I suspect Sony is offering them a substantial sum to align Ubisoft+ Classics with the PS Plus Extra in hopes that the PS Plus catalog would remain competitive with Microsoft's Game Pass. Assassin's Creed is probably Ubisoft's biggest IP, followed by the Tom Clancy titles (particularly Rainbow Six Siege) and Far Cry. Ubisoft removed Valhalla from PS Plus Extra, making the most recent AC title available Odyssey, which is almost five years old (2018). Origins (2017) is six years old, and Syndicate (2015) is eight years old. Five-to-eight-year-old AC titles offer gamers little reason to subscribe to PS+ Extra, particularly when Syndicate hasn't been playable on PS5 due to the screen flicker.

In comparison, Microsoft, not Ubisoft, upgraded Unity to run at 60fps on Xbox. It appears Microsoft cares more about supporting older Ubisoft titles than Ubisoft does. Unity's 60fps patch was attracting people toward Xbox Game Pass. That looks bad for Ubi, making them a less attractive business partner for Sony. I think Syndicate's PS5 flicker-fix patch wasn't done out of love for gamers, but out of Ubisoft's quiet and desperate desire to remain in Sony's good graces. Ubisoft hasn't had a genuine ground-breaking title in years, being creatively bankrupt, addicted to money, and fearful of taking risks. They rely on bloatware and copy-and-paste mechanics to replicate gameplay, character, and stories from one IP title to the next. Putting 500 collectibles isn't innovation; it's laziness. Considering that Ubisoft markets itself as a "games as service" company (yet cares little about service), patching Syndicate was the least they could do. They didn't do it to help us; Ubisoft patched Syndicate it to help their reputation with Sony.

Edited by poetic_justice_

Played syndicate with latest patch on ps5, after completing first gang war was black screen and infinite loading. Restarted the game, have access to train, first gang boss marked as assassinated in info, but the mission marker in the left corner is to win gang fight. No other main mission markers, no possibility to speak with old lady in the train, no possibility to replay gang war. And only one autosave file for whole game. 

Edited by aFewScarsMore