Ps5 upgrade?

gforce-92

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

They likely haven't uploaded it yet, that or they screwed up its implementation - either way I would contact them and ask what's going on.

Cheers I sent them a msg on twitter but no reply. Don't really want to play the ps4 version since the PS5 one has great trophy tracking from what I can see.

So I’ve had the PS4 disc for over a week, and I spent the whole time trying to get through to the devs to see what was happening with the upgrade. As usually even if the disc version is not out, you can still upgrade if the digital version is.

eventually Nacon engaged with me and after a bit of back and forth explaining to them that every step they suggested doesn’t work, they decided to check in with Sony… 

i got this reply today- 

“Yeah, sorry. I was trying to confirm something. 

We seemed to find the issue on Sony's side of things. If it all goes to plan, you should be able to upgrade PS4 discs to PS5 digital on Friday 30 at 12:00 UTC.”

Hate to break it to you but the trophy tracking is pretty bugged atm for this game. I popped the trophy for 1001 Kickflips and Heelflips and neither of them were reading 1001 on my stats. Then last night I check my 360 flips stats and I've done well over 500 regular and a shit load of other variation in nollie/switch/fakie and that trophy still hasn't popped for me. 

On 9/27/2022 at 7:10 AM, gforce-92 said:

since the PS5 one has great trophy tracking from what I can see.

1 hour ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

Hate to break it to you but the trophy tracking is pretty bugged atm for this game. I popped the trophy for 1001 Kickflips and Heelflips and neither of them were reading 1001 on my stats. Then last night I check my 360 flips stats and I've done well over 500 regular and a shit load of other variation in nollie/switch/fakie and that trophy still hasn't popped for me. 

Damn thats a shame sorry to hear. Hopefully they pop soon for ya!

1 hour ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

Thanks for the update dude!

14 minutes ago, gforce-92 said:

Damn thats a shame sorry to hear. Hopefully they pop soon for ya!

No worries, I'm not that mad at it. Game is still super fun if you're a skater or are into hardcore skate sims. I'm big on SkaterXL (about 400 hours) on pc and I never got around to checking out Session cause of having to re-learn another complicated control scheme, but there's actually a lot of similarities between the 2 so I caught on pretty quickly. The game is actually running better than I thought it would on console, apart from the the trophy tracking issues, and some of the trick requirements straight up not working, the gameplay is relatively smooth . Plays WAY better than console SkaterXL did when that dropped a couple of years ago that's for sure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

So, how does the game run on the PS4 compared to the PS5 version? It doesn't look that demanding, so I hope that playing it on the 4 wouldn't make that much of a difference. Is there anyone who can specify on this?

Runs at 4k 60/120fps on ps5, ps4 is 1080 60fps I think. 

• Like 1