This game feels like work

lettmon

59 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Gaming/trophies should never feel like work. If you feel this way it's time to stop playing and delete the game.

This game let me down, I expected nfs to be better. Even how you search for online race is step down from it's lootbox predecessor.

Stopping playing that won't make me feel better about it.

I will get plat at some point but I won't rush to start.

1 hour ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

So you are gonna play the whole game even though you don't like it. Why?

Have you seen cutscenes in need for speed recent games? Hilarious.

I play all kinds of games. They don't have to be perfect to play and plat them. I just expected more from nfs. Haven't you ever played bad games?

Bad makes you appreciate good more

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WiktorM101 said:

Have you seen cutscenes in need for speed recent games? Hilarious.

I play all kinds of games. They don't have to be perfect to play and plat them. I just expected more from nfs. Haven't you ever played bad games?

Bad makes you appreciate good more

Of course I've played some bad games I used to play and plat games even though i hated some of them. I know the feeling of being disapointed with a game and still going for plat. Horizon Forbidden West I'm looking at you. Needless to say I'm done with that series Unless it really improves.

2 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

So you are gonna play the whole game even though you don't like it. Why?

People do weird things for trophies.  I know a lot of here can spend dozens/hundreds of time boosting online or doing some crazy offline grind for something they don’t really enjoy!

Edited by djb5f

5 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Of course I've played some bad games I used to play and plat games even though i hated some of them. I know the feeling of being disapointed with a game and still going for plat. Horizon Forbidden West I'm looking at you. Needless to say I'm done with that series Unless it really improves.

A serious question: you have basically 3 times more games played than I have, and I have made sacrifices, mind you.

My question basically boils down to how it is even remotely possible to invest the amount of time and resources that you have and still be in the position to give advice to others?

I'm honestly really curious, hence my question.

2 hours ago, Mellenthin said:

A serious question: you have basically 3 times more games played than I have, and I have made sacrifices, mind you.

My question basically boils down to how it is even remotely possible to invest the amount of time and resources that you have and still be in the position to give advice to others?

I'm honestly really curious, hence my question.

Just asked why play it if it felt like work as I was curious to the motive. Have I done this in the past, yes i have but i try to avoid it now. I do really think if it gets to point where it feels like work it's at least time to take a break. So I'm not entitled to give advice because I played more games than you? I love your logic.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 5:05 AM, lettmon said:

The racing is not fun, fleeing from cops is annoying and frustrating, tracks are bland, soundtrack is the worst I have heard in any game LOL

The thread title me laugh. It definitely does feel like work sometimes. I've been chipping away at the collectibles for like 4-5 hours now and I'm still only like 75% done. My god are the cops annoying if they manage to group up on you at all instead of you just blowing straight past them and escaping immediately. Also I muted the soundtrack after the first day because it kept playing the same 3 songs over and over and over.

I do still like this game though. The driving itself and the daytime races are what I've really enjoyed so far. It scratches the itch of wanting to drive a ridiculously fast supercar down the interstate at 250mph, which admittedly is all I really wanted to do when I booted up the game for the first time. I'd actually say I enjoy this game more than Rivals which was just a super frustrating game. The only 3 NFS games I've played are this, Rivals, and Most Wanted 2012 and the latter would have to be the best out of those in my opinion. I really need to go back and try the older games since the general consensus seems to be those are far superior.

Edited by Empovyle
  • Like 2