PlayStation Stars “Hit Play/1994” Trophy

DeadBird101

Trying to figure out how to unlock campaign for this trophy. I followed the guide ok YouTube for playing each of the games, but I’m not making any progress. I have launched/played all of the games in the video guide. But my % is still 0. I have also waited over 5 hours since playing the games, and still at 0%. Any suggestions or advice? 

Don't have an answer for your question, but my app only shows songs 2-6. That first one doesn't show up in my campaign. I wonder if it's because I don't own a PS5? Maybe somehow not owning the newest console makes these challenges easier to complete for me then!

3 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Don't have an answer for your question, but my app only shows songs 2-6. That first one doesn't show up in my campaign. I wonder if it's because I don't own a PS5? Maybe somehow not owning the newest console makes these challenges easier to complete for me then!

Maybe you just need to pick 1 out of the 6 games to unlock the trophy similar to the Fighting challenge.

Someone who already earned it can confirm this?

It takes a while for it to register that you’ve met the requirements. I launched Until Dawn yesterday morning right after joining the campaign, but it didn’t register as being done until this afternoon. If it still isn’t popping after 24 hours or so, I’d suggest launching them again.

Also, one thing to note, you don’t even have to download/install most of the games, if you’re on PS+; hitting the Stream option works, too. Returnal is the exception, since there’s no streaming option for PS5 games.

1 minute ago, Ceridane said:

Maybe you just need to pick 1 out of the 6 games to unlock the trophy similar to the Fighting challenge.

Someone who already earned it can confirm this?

You need to do all of them. Mine hasn’t unlocked yet (it hasn’t registered Returnal or Death Stranding, yet), but it has registered the other 4 without unlocking. The progress bar also says 66%.

2 minutes ago, Ashande said:

It takes a while for it to register that you’ve met the requirements. I launched Until Dawn yesterday morning right after joining the campaign, but it didn’t register as being done until this afternoon. If it still isn’t popping after 24 hours or so, I’d suggest launching them again.

Also, one thing to note, you don’t even have to download/install most of the games, if you’re on PS+; hitting the Stream option works, too. Returnal is the exception, since there’s no streaming option for PS5 games.

You need to do all of them. Mine hasn’t unlocked yet (it hasn’t registered Returnal or Death Stranding, yet), but it has registered the other 4 without unlocking. The progress bar also says 66%.

Thanks for the clarification. The challenge description make it sound like you only need one of the games. Its a bit confusing.

13 minutes ago, Ceridane said:

Thanks for the clarification. The challenge description make it sound like you only need one of the games. Its a bit confusing.

Right? Thank you guys for all of the advice. I will try to relaunch/replay the games and see if the progress move dove r the weekend. I wish Sony had Planned this better, they already have trophies implemented pretty good. I wish they would have done a better hove with this.  I don’t understand why this one is being more difficult than the other 2. The other 2 unlocked right away for me. 

1 hour ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I also don't have a PS5 and I only have 5 showing in my campaign as well. That was my guess, but now seeing other people say the same thing I think that would be safe to assume is the reason for some people showing 5 and some showing 6.

32 minutes ago, Ceridane said:

My last question regarding this challenge would be if the PS5 version of Uncharted 4 also counts towards the progress? 

I don't see why it wouldn't. The game is the same game just with better graphics correct?

24 minutes ago, Jeul_Dragon said:

I'm guessing if PC has a remote play app then you should be able to as the guy in the video said you can do it via the remote play app on your phone.

Well remote play still requires a console right? What I mean is if you use the PS+ app to play/stream the games directly from PC without a console, would those count towards these tasks?

7 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Well remote play still requires a console right? What I mean is if you use the PS+ app to play/stream the games directly from PC without a console, would those count towards these tasks?

Hm, that's actually a good question. I guess it just depends how the tracking works for the challenges. Whether it's tracked on the system side or on the server side or what.

I don't game on PC so I've never used remote play or the PS+ app on PC so don't know much about it.

Maybe someone would be able to do some testing and get back to you with a definitive answer or you could get around to testing and let us know cause I'm curious now.

• Like 1

I booted up Returnal and DS:DC on PS5 and the others on PS Now. I'll report back if it unlocks some time tomorrow. Been eight hours since I first booted up Returnal and I've seen not a single percentage of objective progress.

I'm guessing since this one takes so many games to complete and so many jumping on the servers, it's clogging everything up.

The other two quests finished within like ten minutes.

15 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

I booted up Returnal and DS:DC on PS5 and the others on PS Now. I'll report back if it unlocks some time tomorrow. Been eight hours since I first booted up Returnal and I've seen not a single percentage of objective progress.

I'm guessing since this one takes so many games to complete and so many jumping on the servers, it's clogging everything up.

The other two quests finished within like ten minutes.

I suspect it’s a case of a lot of people scrambling to do it, combined with the program being new and them still trying to iron out the kinks. The October challenge (launch any game) popped immediately; the PS3 and You challenge took two hours. The Store Picks popped immediately, World Warrior took 5 hours. The Song challenge has been all over the place, with the first four registering a day and a half after being used, Returnal registering within an hour, and Death Stranding currently at 3 hours and counting. So… ??‍♂️ It’ll work out eventually, I’m sure.

1 hour ago, Ashande said:

I suspect it’s a case of a lot of people scrambling to do it, combined with the program being new and them still trying to iron out the kinks. The October challenge (launch any game) popped immediately; the PS3 and You challenge took two hours. The Store Picks popped immediately, World Warrior took 5 hours. The Song challenge has been all over the place, with the first four registering a day and a half after being used, Returnal registering within an hour, and Death Stranding currently at 3 hours and counting. So… ?1f3fb.png‍♂️ It’ll work out eventually, I’m sure.

Percentage just randomly popped up.

Uncharted 4 (PS4 version) and Until Dawn both booted off PS Now streaming on my PC both counted. So far nothing else has triggered.

Edit: 40 minutes later and my progress shoots up again. Only game that didn't count was Returnal. It was the first one that I tried but I also booted it up multiple times so I guess that messes things up. DS was the last one I loaded of the other five about roughly two hours ago and that got registered pretty fast so maybe in another 40 minutes this will finally unlock for me.

Edited by mcnichoj
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeul_Dragon said:

I also don't have a PS5 and I only have 5 showing in my campaign as well. That was my guess, but now seeing other people say the same thing I think that would be safe to assume is the reason for some people showing 5 and some showing 6.

I don't see why it wouldn't. The game is the same game just with better graphics correct?

The PS5 version its a collection which includes 2 games in a single trophy list one of them being Uncharted 4. That's why I'm not completely sure if it also counts for the challenge. Hopefully someone can confirm this.

19 hours ago, Ceridane said:

The PS5 version its a collection which includes 2 games in a single trophy list one of them being Uncharted 4. That's why I'm not completely sure if it also counts for the challenge. Hopefully someone can confirm this.

Why not just boot it up and see if it unlocks?

18 hours ago, xh117 said:

Got Returnal and heavy rain to unlock, those happened to be the 2 I played the longest so might be safe to play them for like a hour each.

I simply booted up games and then quit out once I got to a "press start" type of screen.

So far Returnal still has not activated for me.

24 minutes ago, Jermster_91 said:

For Death Stranding, does it have to be the PS4 or the PS5 version?

I started the PS4 version and was on the game for 5 mins or so and never got it unlocked even though it has been over 12 hours.

Starting to suspect it may require the PS5 version, as I am in a similar boat. Been almost two days for me at this point.

Played the PS5 version of Death Stranding.

Half-way through the second cutscene of the prologue on meeting Fragile, the app acknowledged that it was 'played'

I did run all games a day before to no response from the app. My running theory is that the servers are being slammed when I first tried and again in the evening my time. (I am central time in the us).

Also, the app didn't trigger until I was in game for over 30 min. Played each game on the respective consoles. Returnal and Death Stranding on PS5, the others PS4, if that makes a difference.

Returnal - triggered after getting killed the first time on a new save, about four rooms in.

Death Stranding - (PS5) triggered in the second cutscene (in the cave) with Fragile.

Uncharted 4 - triggered after the opening boat sequence, while climbing the orphange as young Drake.

Detroit - didn't trigger until I was playing as Marcus for the first time. I believe the 'negotiation' is viewed as the tutorial for the game and isnt counted as having started the game.

Until Dawn - actually didnt trigger until this morning, but I played it late yesterday when I think server traffic was high.

Heavy Rain - havent tried playing it again since the first try, two days ago now.

Sorry for the long-winded reply. Just the lack of info on how or what is causing these to register for some and not others is frustrating.

Downloaded and launched the PS5 Director’s Cut of Death Stranding; credit towards the quest was given before the logos were even done popping up. Seems to imply the PS4 version does not count, but at least the Director’s Cut version is available on PS+, same as all the other games (just takes some more work to find, since by default searching “Death Stranding” will spit out the PS4 version; have to scroll over a bit to find the PS5 edition.)

I think we can thus confirm the list as being ReturnalDeath Stranding: Director’s Cut (PS5), Uncharted 4 (PS4 version), Detroit: Become HumanUntil Dawn and Heavy Rain.

Now we just need someone to check and see if it counts to launch the PS3 version of Heavy Rain. ? Kidding. I’m sure it doesn’t track that far back. Unless…

Edited by Ashande