Persona 5 confirmed for the West, 2015

Venocide

Persona is arguably the biggest JRPG franchise in the world right now, and Persona 5 is the most eagerly-anticipated game in any genre, at least in Japan. Today, IGN can confirm that Persona 5 is indeed coming to the west – as if that comes as any surprise, considering Persona 4’s success – and will launch exclusively on PlayStation 3 later in 2015.

Persona 5 was originally revealed in November of 2013, but it was only confirmed for release in Japan at that time. The game has been rumored since 2009, spoken of againin 2011, and again right before its reveal in 2013.

The last mainline game in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series – Persona 4 – launched on PlayStation 2 way back in 2008. It was excellent. But by the time Persona 5 finally launches on PS3, at least in North America, it will have been about seven years between releases.

They also plan to localize the spin off titles Persona Q, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and Persona 4 Dancing All Night. 

Great news indeed :)
Edited by ARKphoenix
  • Like 1

I'll definitely be getting Persona 5, it's a long wait but at least we have a lot of games this year to pass the time, I wasn't too much on Arena but I'll probably be getting the squeal to that one too, Q's out of the question because I don't have a 3DS, & I'm not even going to bother with the dancing one.

• Like 1