Fifa 22 platinum already unobtainable? (UPDATE 2023)

mouche6057

EDIT 2: VOLTA Seasons got an update on 20th January 2023! This makes the platinum re-obtainable. The timer says that the season will last around 42 days, so if you dont have the trophy yet, dont wait to get it. The fastest way is by playing VOLTA Battles. It should take you around 1h.

EDIT: A topic was opened on the EA answers forum. Make sure to also leave a comment there:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/VOLTA-stuck-at-level-o/td-p/11973342

If anyone with a Twitter account could reach out to the devs, that could also be a big help. 

When starting the VOLTA game mode, you start in season level 0 instead of 1. By progress season level 0/0 is marked and the clock shows no date for a next season. This would mean that the trophy on the way up is unobtainable at the moment:

On the way up
Reach Level 7 in a VOLTA Season

EA is not known for supporting previous games very long, but this would be a new record. On psnprofiles this trophy hasnt been earned on the PS4 or the PS5 version in the last days... Can anyone else confirm this? 

Edited by mouche6057
  • Like 2

I earned the trophy on the 12th October, someone has earned it after me on the 13th. So I would say it's still obtainable. They may reset the season counter but at some point it will just have a count down of over 2,000 days to allow more to get the trophy/any rewards that come with reaching the next level

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MilanYildirim said:

Today old season ended and new one is going to be in 7 days and it’s still 0 / 0. Good job EA, that’s a new low. If they do not fix, it’s definetely unobtainable for now

It's important to make a difference between the different game modes and timers.

1) There is indeed a timer of 7 days for VOLTA battles. This comparable to squad battles in Fifa Ultimate Team (FUT). In this mode you play offline against a number of different squads. Every 7 days the squads are refreshed.  This timer is not relevant for the trophy.

2) The trophy however is for reaching level 7 in VOLTA SAESONS. Here you can gain xp from all the game modes (Arcade, Battles, Online) and earn global rewards. After some research it seems that such a season normally lasts 6 weeks. After the previous season ended last week they did not start a new season.  This is comparable to FUT seasons, but in FUT they made the 10th season expire in 365 days (this seems to be the only logical solution).

It is logical that the focus of the developpers shifts to FIFA 23, but making the platinum unobtainable 1year and 2 weeks after the initial release is way too soon.

The only solution would be to contact EA about this. The more people mention this, the bigger the chance they will fix it. We dont require new content or anything. Simply reinstating the last season with a long timer is all. I logged a ticket at EA help saturday where it is marked you receive an answer within 3 days. It's been 5 days now but the tickets has been updated so we'll see what they say. 

Maybe someone with a Twitter account could contact them as they mention that should be quicker.  

Yeah it's such a shame that the volta trophies are no longer obtainable... if they suddenly decide to close that part of game, at least they should rework these specific trophies in order to still make them obtainable offline... i mean they "SHOULD", but i guess they don't care anymore :/

8 hours ago, Cpt_Yamato said:

Yeah it's such a shame that the volta trophies are no longer obtainable... if they suddenly decide to close that part of game, at least they should rework these specific trophies in order to still make them obtainable offline... i mean they "SHOULD", but i guess they don't care anymore :/

Are all the Volta trophies unobtainable or just the one for hitting Lv7?

1 hour ago, Ahlkemysta0 said:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/VOLTA-stuck-at-level-o/m-p/11973342/highlight/false#M39151

Se alguém puder reclamar neste tópico também pode nos ouvir

Thanks for the link, I'll add this to the first post!

I also logged a ticket at EA help before, but they don't answer. All they do is copy paste a generic text asking if you tried troubleshooting and if you can give extra information or screenshots... Let's hope it gets fixed!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It looks like seasons are back, I can see a player earning the trophy today and entering volta I can see the progress bar with the various levels right now!

EDIT: I can confirm it works, I just got the trophy. Season ends in 5 days though, hope there are more after this one but if in doubt better try it now.

Edited by Adras_Nightmare
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...