Workaround for Buggy Trophies- Exodus PS5

ARIXANDRE

Colonels. I used the method below. (Transcript helping another player)

I created a dummy account (it's an offline account, with no sign in). It's not a guest account. 

I got the trophies for Two Colonels on this account. Then,  you sign into it using your main account and trophies merge. 

It's not a cheat and there are tutorials on psnprofiles. Just be aware that, to sign into your dummy account, you have to delete your main account from your console. So back up all your saves, photos and videos, because they also get deleted. 

Summary:

•Create dummy account (sign in as new user>play offline)

•Choose a name and avatar for this account. It's unable to log online without an email.

•Play Two Colonels on this account. Get the trophies. 

•You are going to sign into this dummy account with your real account. If you only have one console, you'll have to delete your real user from your console. It will delete all your saves from other games. Back them up. 

•Go to dummy account, sign in. Sign in with your real email account. 

•The trophies you earned on the dummy account add to your real account. In this case, the two colonels. The dummy account will merge and delete itself. 

This is not illegal and only works on offline, single player games. It's a way some hunters use to study the trophies or test games.

Hope it helps. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-10-22 at 11:58 AM, ARIXANDRE said:

I created a dummy account (it's an offline account, with no sign in). It's not a guest account. 

I got the trophies for Two Colonels on this account. Then,  you sign into it using your main account and trophies merge. 

It's not a cheat and there are tutorials on psnprofiles. Just be aware that, to sign into your dummy account, you have to delete your main account from your console. So back up all your saves, photos and videos, because they also get deleted. 

Summary:

•Choose a name and avatar for this account. It's unable to log online without an email.

•You are going to sign into this dummy account with your real account. If you only have one console, you'll have to delete your real user from your console. It will delete all your saves from other games. Back them up. 

•The trophies you earned on the dummy account add to your real account. In this case, the two colonels. The dummy account will merge and delete itself. 

This is not illegal and only works on offline, single player games. It's a way some hunters use to study the trophies or test games.

Hope it helps. 

I’ll try this since The Last Hero and A Man of Principe both glitch on me

thx 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I was finally able to get my 100% after a year. It is still buggy though doing it this way. On my initial blank account I was able to achieve the 2 glitched trophies in Sam's Story but when I did The Two Colonels, the trophy to beat it on normal with no medkits didn't pop. So I had to link the first blank account to my main and then do another blank account for the other glitched trophy which popped that time. Awful experience getting the 100% which has completely put me off playing 2033 and Last Light.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

Thanks, I was finally able to get my 100% after a year. It is still buggy though doing it this way. On my initial blank account I was able to achieve the 2 glitched trophies in Sam's Story but when I did The Two Colonels, the trophy to beat it on normal with no medkits didn't pop. So I had to link the first blank account to my main and then do another blank account for the other glitched trophy which popped that time. Awful experience getting the 100% which has completely put me off playing 2033 and Last Light.

Congrats.

It's a shame, really but I wouldn't expect any patches at this point.

I'd also recommend doing Two Colonels in one go. 

On 2022-10-22 at 11:58 AM, ARIXANDRE said:

Summary:

Hope it helps. 

Thank, I’ve achieved 100% because of you :) 

Edited by sebthegod
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 18/02/2023 at 3:14 PM, MAUSZX said:

So what I am understanding, if I haven't started the dlc, I should start offline right?

It's a crapshoot and it's not about playing offline. 

The workaround serves as a "second chance",  in case something bugs out.

You might not get any glitches at all on PS5. 

For example, the trophy for not getting hit by the bat boss, in Sam's Story, did not glitch for me, but it did for a lot or people. 

Play through it following the guide. If something glitches and you tried everything, that's where the workaround comes in. 

On 16/02/2023 at 0:20 PM, Vern3r0z said:

Does this glitch only affect the ps5 version? If i play the ps4 version with all the DLC i should be fine right?

I don't remember myself glitching on PS4 but it it does, this process also works. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE

11 hours ago, ARIXANDRE said:

It's a crapshoot and it's not about playing offline. 

The workaround serves as a "second chance",  in case something bugs out.

You might not get any glitches at all on PS5. 

For example, the trophy for not getting hit by the bat boss, in Sam's Story, did not glitch for me, but it did for a lot or people. 

Play through it following the guide. If something glitches and you tried everything, that's where the workaround comes in. 

Well lt did happened for both dlcs... I have a question, I have the disc version so it won't really be a problem tbh, but just as a question if someone deletes their account and is playing metro exodus wouldn't this solution be impossible since their main account is the one with yhe psplus license?

Edited by MAUSZX

1 hour ago, MAUSZX said:

Well lt did happened for both dlcs... I have a question, I have the disc version so it won't really be a problem tbh, but just as a question if someone deletes their account and is playing metro exodus wouldn't this solution be impossible since their main account is the one with yhe psplus license?

Not really.

It's in the order you do things. 

Keep your account on the console while you redo the dlcs on the dummy account. 

Delete your main so you can log into the dummy account afterwards. 

The dummy progress will still be there. What can't be done is a backup of the save from the dummy account, since it's not linked to any given account. 

To be on the safe side, I would create two dummy accounts: one for each dlc. 

Pop everything in Two Colonels on one account, merge it with your main. Only then do the same with Sam's Story. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE

21 hours ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Not really.

It's in the order you do things. 

Keep your account on the console while you redo the dlcs on the dummy account. 

Delete your main so you can log into the dummy account afterwards. 

The dummy progress will still be there. What can't be done is a backup of the save from the dummy account, since it's not linked to any given account. 

To be on the safe side, I would create two dummy accounts: one for each dlc. 

Pop everything in Two Colonels on one account, merge it with your main. Only then do the same with Sam's Story. 

Thanks so much it worked.

• Like 1