Square Enix trademarks "Symbiogenesis" - possible new Parasite Eve game

ziggypossum

Parasite Eve was one the most interesting horror games of PS1 along with Galerians and few others, a return will nice( if the above information turn out to be related to Parasite Eve )

It's nice change to see companies return to old IP, now that Square Enix sold the majority of assets and IP of S.E Europe to Embracer Group perhaps they will do the same.

I disagree with that definition of the tern but who cares ?

Edited by ASMODAIOS344

I'm really hoping it's Parasite Eve. The original is one of my favorite games of all time and personally, while highly unlikely, I would love if they made a jRPG that plays just like that game, with some improvements to make it more modern. No FF7 Remake treatment, please. 

But whatever they'll do with it, I'm hyped AF. There's something about a more realistic and science based approach to RPGs that gets me, with guns instead of magic and mitochondria instead of power-producing evil bloodthirsty flan cakes. 

Now there's a series that's lay dormant for too long, wouldn't that be cool to see what they could do with this nowadays? I wasn't a huge fan of PE2, but if they kept the same gothic/chritmasy/new york theme of the original I'd be super hyped about it!

Of course, this could really be anything, but one can still hope...

It's just for NFTs

https://www.siliconera.com/square-enix-symbiogenesis-involves-nfts-not-parasite-eve/

The nature of a Square Enix trademark has been revealed. However, the name isn’t tied to a possible series it seemed to be. Square Enix announced Symbiogenesis, a new endeavor involving NFTs. It will launch in Spring 2023. Initially, the trademarked name almost seemed as though it could have shared a connection with the series Parasite Eve.

Square Enix didn’t offer too many details about the upcoming experience, aside from confirming NFTs will play a part. It revealed a logo and described it as a “collectible art project” with a story.

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1