Anyone ever bought and tried 3rd party controllers for PS3?

dieselmanchild

15 hours ago, TheJimmonator said:

I use my PS5 DualSense controller on the PS3 now (rumble works when the controller is wired, all buttons work all the time regardless of wired or not) and it actually encourages me to get through my backlog a bit faster because I think the DualSense is much better than the old DualShock design.

Also, a small thing that the few third party controllers I tried didn’t seem to have is triggers that register being held only partially (essential for stuff like GTA IV and RDR where you can free aim by holding L2 halfway)

Yeah I think eventually I’m going to grab one of these controllers adaptors such as a Mayflash. Everyone who has one says it’s one of the best purchases they’ve made.

I don’t have a PS5 yet, but by the time I upgrade to next gen I think I’d rather just invest in one controller type (ie. DualSense), buy a few of those, and then use them across all my consoles so I no longer have to deal with this kind of hassle.

Also yeah, that feature you’re referring to are the pressure sensitive buttons. For some reason most of the cheapest 3rd party controllers don’t come with pressure sensitivity, as well as features like rumble. 

11 hours ago, cometowner said:

VOYEE

I recommend this, feels and plastic quality as authentic dual shock with a good price.

down is battery life  

I just ordered one to try it out!

Despite being quite cheap, I see Voyee coming up over and over again in these conversations about 3rd party controllers, and most people seem quite happy with them. I’ve read a lot of reviews stating they are the closest thing to the feel of the real DS3s. 

Many of the endless cheap, knockoff brands you see on Amazon are trying to copy the look of the DS3 as closely as possible, and even trick customers into thinking they are the real deal with the way they are listed.

However, Voyee seems to be different in this regard and appear to want to stand on their own 2 feet behind their brand name, and build a reputation as offering affordable, decent quality alternatives PS3 controllers. That’s a good sign in my books, and has me hopeful that this controller will do the trick. Should arrive in a couple days! ?

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 7:14 PM, Viper said:

I've also heard really good things about these controllers:

https://retrofighters.com/our-collection/defender-wireless-playstation-1-playstation-2-playstation-3-playstation-classic-nintendo-switch-pc-video-game-controller/

They also have versions for retro consoles as well. 

I have a few retrofighters and this one is great. Though it's comfortable for me that can't be said for everyone and it isn't cheap. I say this as the only reason I don't play PS5 games is the Dualsense is not compatible with my hands, I'm talking painful as hell after 20 minutes. This retrofighter controller is more like a switch pro and I use it on the PS2, recently I've spent a few hours playing EDF 2025 on the PS3 with this controller and it is perfect for me.

I have once, a cheap controller off amazon and the wireless function stopped working after like 3 weeks so I had to plug it in which was annoying. My Sony controller survived the best of 10 years, but at the end the buttons started to drift until it was unusable. 

20 hours ago, syai0306 said:

COWBOX コントローラーhttps://amzn.asia/d/01Eefxn

I think this is a pros and cons for the left stick and the cross keys.

But it has a continuous fire function and a 100 second macro function.

And it is the one and only VR usable continuous fire controller with a light bar.

Available for ps4 and ps3.

That’s a really interesting controller with some really neat functions. In the pictures it looks like there is some kind of faceplate around the analog sticks and buttons which can be easily pried off and cleaned from the top? That’s really awesome.