Monster Hunter Rise announced for PS4/PS5

MidnightDragon

On 12/5/2022 at 2:56 PM, zizimonster said:

Monster Hunter Rise is digital-only.

Personally I'm convinced that Capcom is lying about not planning to release the game physically.

Sunbreak releases just a few short months after Rise comes to all of these platforms, so it'd make no sense to do two physical runs of the same game so close to one another.

The Nintendo Switch version obviously didn't have this problem because the base game and expansion were released about a year apart.

23 hours ago, zin-hunter27 said:

eah, they counted for Iceborne, but not for World! They weren't required. What I have no clue of is if it's gonna be the same this time. Eg, Valstrax was introduced to base Rise in a title update, so, will it be required for the crowns for Rise? It will definitely be for Sunbreak's, but what about base Rise?

Maybe they will, because Valstrax has it's own achievement, but I haven't gotten the crowns achievements on the Switch, so idk.

I'd say that it depends on whether or not they change the requirements for the in-game awards, since that's what the trophies will be based off of.

As of right now I don't think that they will change it, since that wouldn't really be "fair" when Switch players had to do less to unlock those same awards.

Perhaps the Steam version could shed some potential light on this since that also had post-launch content at launch, IIRC?

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

On 12/6/2022 at 6:08 PM, smudgedhorizon said:

Sturdy Padlock: Collect all decorations and hanging scrolls in Rise

Yeah, on Switch I didn't even bother with the decorations and scrolls so I had no idea how hard that one was.

Now that I see it I even think it might end up being the rarest trophy on the list besides the Platinum, seeing how easy it is to neglect and the RNG nature of it!

Edit: So on the switch you had amiibos and you could get extra chances at the lottery with them. Did that help with getting the decorations?? Because if it did then the consoles will have an even harder time with this one

Edited by zin-hunter27
Question

On 06/12/2022 at 4:12 PM, Zephrese said:

Personally I'm convinced that Capcom is lying about not planning to release the game physically.

Sunbreak releases just a few short months after Rise comes to all of these platforms, so it'd make no sense to do two physical runs of the same game so close to one another.

i think that's when they do a physical. Rise+Sunbreak. Capcom would be stupid not to.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zin-hunter27 said:

Yeah, on Switch I didn't even bother with the decorations and scrolls so I had no idea how hard that one was.

Now that I see it I even think it might end up being the rarest trophy on the list besides the Platinum, seeing how easy it is to neglect and the RNG nature of it!

Edit: So on the switch you had amiibos and you could get extra chances at the lottery with them. Did that help with getting the decorations?? Because if it did then the consoles will have an even harder time with this one

Yeh it surprised me too, I neglected it at first and then really regret it! 
I do have all 3 Rise amiibo & the 3 Sunbreak amiibo (& the MH Stories ones too) so I could do the max amount every day, but no, it’s a totally separate prize pool. I never once had a trinket show as a jackpot item for any amiibo use, so the only thing you miss out on are an easy supply of armour spheres & tickets to craft layered armour & mega armour/demondrugs etc. 

Only thing we can do is always check to see if there is a sale after every quest (the shop will visibly have red sale signs) and pray to RNGesus!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smudgedhorizon said:

Only thing we can do is always check to see if there is a sale after every quest (the shop will visibly have red sale signs) and pray to RNGesus!

Would save scumming work? For World and Iceborne if I had something that required RNG I uploaded my save to the cloud.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

7 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Would save scumming work? For World and Iceborne if I had something that required RNG I uploaded my save to the cloud.

Sadly no! Yes I tried?  (I turned off autosaves and made a manual save then reloaded repeatedly) but the prize/outcome was literally always the exact same for me. It seems the game decides in advance as soon as you complete the quest if there will be a sale on & also what the jackpot item will be, so reloading changes nothing because the outcome is already set. Whether it will work exactly the same on PS I don’t know.

4 minutes ago, smudgedhorizon said:

Sadly no! Yes I tried1f602.png  (I turned off autosaves and made a manual save then reloaded repeatedly) but the prize/outcome was literally always the exact same for me. It seems the game decides in advance as soon as you complete the quest if there will be a sale on & also what the jackpot item will be, so reloading changes nothing because the outcome is already set. Whether it will work exactly the same on PS I don’t know.

Sounds like you need to grind through a very short mission then on repeat.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Sounds like you need to grind through a very short mission then on repeat.

Yeah there's this Village 1* quest called Roly-Poly Lanterns, which requires you to gather some plants. If you use botanist you can complete it in about 1-2 mins. Or you could always go to an arena quest and kill yourself.

Both work for this, tho I prefer the gathering quest.

But that's only a last resort plan, you definitely should be on the look out for these prizes on the lottery since the very beginning! 

7 hours ago, zin-hunter27 said:

But that's only a last resort plan, you definitely should be on the look out for these prizes on the lottery since the very beginning! 

Yeh that’s the important part, otherwise you’re just causing yourself an extra massive grind.

Side note, when I was trying to beat the master rank arena quests that have only one faint, I kept dying(?), and it never generated a lottery sale for me. In 800+ hours I never once had a sale generate from a quest fail, so I will say quite confidently that I don’t believe it’s possible to farm them that way, by deliberately failing quests. They seem to only ever generate from completed quests. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 6:47 PM, HoboTonyRedGrave said:

I'd advice to wait and get the plat for Rise when Sunbreak comes out, that's because crowns drop rates in the base game are terrible. In Master Rank the drop rates are much higher, you can get the majority of crowns by just playing casually.

Assuming these are the lists, do any of them require MP or can you do it all solo if you wish? 

2 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Assuming these are the lists, do any of them require MP or can you do it all solo if you wish? 

If I remember right, the quests do not scale for single player in Rise or Sunbreak. You have to finish all the quests for a trophy. Some can be quite difficult with just a single player.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

1 minute ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

If I remember right, the quests do not scale for single player in Rise or Sunbreak. You have to finish all the quests for a trophy. Some can be quite difficult with just a single player.

I get that, but I mean if you really wanted to. I assume I'm not going to want to. :P Just want to know if it can all be done offline or not...assuming you have a death wish. xD 

Edited by MidnightDragon

1 minute ago, MidnightDragon said:

I get that, but I mean if you really wanted to. I assume I'm not going to want to. :P Just want to know if it can all be done offline or not...assuming you have a death wish. xD 

Actually I just read something that it seems to have added single player scaling in, so I may be wrong. It sounds like it's entirely possible to solo offline.

https://game8.co/games/Monster-Hunter-Rise/archives/322653

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Actually I just read something that it seems to have added single player scaling in, so I may be wrong. It sounds like it's entirely possible to solo offline.

https://game8.co/games/Monster-Hunter-Rise/archives/322653

OK, sounds good. I have played some of it on Switch, but hadn't finished. Gonna just put it on hold and do it on PlayStation. Since I wasn't exactly worried about in-game awards, didn't have to think about it. 

10 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

OK, sounds good. I have played some of it on Switch, but hadn't finished. Gonna just put it on hold and do it on PlayStation. Since I wasn't exactly worried about in-game awards, didn't have to think about it. 

Quests in Rise scale for solo and multi, depending on the number of players. Everything can be completed solo.

Edited by HoboTonyRedGrave
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, JediKnight_327 said:

Anyone know how the length and difficulty compares to MHW? I assume the defender gear will be coming to the PS version as well?

They said they will give you an item to help the early going and you get another if you preorder. Rise had some QoL improvements that make it a bit less of a slog. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JediKnight_327 said:

Anyone know how the length and difficulty compares to MHW? I assume the defender gear will be coming to the PS version as well?

Difficulty wise I'd say is about the same than World, if not maybe even a bit easier! As of length, 300 hours seems like a safe bet, though if you have experience with these kind of games you could very well get the plat in about 150-200 hours.

• Like 1