Monster Hunter Rise announced for PS4/PS5

MidnightDragon

8 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

YES! I've been waiting for this. I'm hoping it gets a physical with Sunbreak on the disc.

It's not launching with Sunbreak, they said that will be Spring 2023. They might do a physical Spring re-release in tandem with the Sunbreak launch though ?

I'm super hyped for this. I was impressed by what I saw watching streams around the time it came out, and I was very tempted to buy it on Switch, but it looks like my patience paid off. It sounds like it's going to play wonderfully on PS5 with that 4k 60fps, and presumably fast loading times as well. I put hundreds of hours into World and I expect I'll do the same with Rise. ?

• Like 4

I am not surprise because thats Capcom.  My friends are fans too we all crazy on World for at least 2-4 years. They played this on switch/pc and get bored less than a month even there are updates.  The setting and difficulty are more easier than World.  I think I will just play for plat only,  not so interested to play at all and Sunbreak isnt comes together...well still waiting for mhw2.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheStark700 said:

Curious if this will get its own seperate platinum for both the base game and expansion. From the Steam pages, there's around 100 achievements in total.

Also, not surprised but sad that there won't be crossplay/cross-save.

There will be for PS4 and PS5 only.

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Capcom has confirmed that Monster Hunter Rise will be coming to PS4 and PS5 January 20 with the Sunbreak expansion coming spring 2023.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/12/monster-hunter-rise-confirmed-for-ps5-ps4-release-out-20th-january

Enjoyed this on Switch. PS4 and PS5 can play with one another, but not with Switch or PC.

leaked yesterday. Finally can be played on a better console. Switch is trash.

• Like 4

Certainly didn't expect this to happen, but I'm looking forward to it regardless. lol 

Would've preferred that it launched with Sunbreak on the disk alongside all current updates, but oh well.

Need to finish Sunbreak on Switch in the meantime, however, as I've been distracted with other games (and Shogun Ceanataur made me regret living more than I already do).

Do we know if this is getting a physical release or not? And if it is, is it only for the PS4 version, or both of them?

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Buff_Cupcake said:

It's not launching with Sunbreak, they said that will be Spring 2023. They might do a physical Spring re-release in tandem with the Sunbreak launch though 1f914.png

Yeah, I noticed the initial release in January seems to be digital only. But I'm hopeful when Sunbreak releases later, there'll be a physical edition with the DLC on disc. Was always a bit disappointed that Sunbreak only came as a code in the box for its physical edition on Switch, which prompted me to skip it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zephrese said:

Do we know if this is getting a physical release or not? And if it is, is it only for the PS4 version, or both of them?

Both. Capcom rarely goes digital only.

1 hour ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Was always a bit disappointed that Sunbreak only came as a code in the box for its physical edition on Switch, which prompted me to skip it.

yeah i bought it wanting it on cart.  Even still, i don't care. I knew a week prior from unboxing videos. So yes. i have 2 copies of MH Rise on NS.

Crap. I bought this on Switch to play with a friend of mine who was a big Monster Hunter fan, but he ended up passing away in early October...so I never got around to playing it. But I also only bought it thinking it was a Switch exclusive. I'd much rather earn trophies in a game like this. 

11 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I don’t think it is, but neither here nor there.

I hope they give it a physical. 

i use my switch for exclusives. battery life sucks. bought splitpad pro so handheld is much better now.

they are giving it one. Nowhere does it say digital only release. 

• Like 1