Monster Hunter Rise announced for PS4/PS5

MidnightDragon

Glad to see that this isn't only on the Switch and PC anymore since it looked really good from all the streams I saw of it. Plus after how well Monster Hunter: World did it would have been weird to not include it on PlayStation. I also look forward to seeing how it takes advantage of the PS5.

• Like 1

Time to spend another 800+ hours enjoying my time with this game while hunting gold and mini crowns just like I did for World and Iceborne. I am assuming we will get a separate trophy list with a separate platinum for Sunbreak just like Iceborne? If so, then bring on the pain! The hunt for crowns was painful for me since I did them before all the crown events started popping up one after the other, but I don't mind going through that again for both Rise and Sunbreak lol. I just love Monster Hunter so much.

I knew being patient and not buying this on Switch was a good idea. Although is it just me or does it feel like this Playstation/Xbox port is a little too late? Considering that MHW2/MH6 is supposed to be 2023/24 (?) it feels like they should have released this port alongside the PC port back in Jan of this year. I guess this means that MHW2/MH6 is getting pushed back and Capcom felt like it was a good time to get the MHW & Iceborne console players back to being interested in Monster Hunter before it comes out.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

I am assuming we will get a separate trophy list with a separate platinum for Sunbreak just like Iceborne?

Pretty sure this will be the case. Trophies were based on ingame awards in world and Rise has those as well. Like 50 for Rise and something around 50 for Sunbreak as well and since they can't really release 50 DLC trophies we can assume it will be a new list with plat just like Iceborne. Can't wait for this game, wanted to play it but not a toaster like switch lol

• Like 1

Excellent, great news. I was expecting this one to come over to PlayStation at some point. Nice to see it finally making its appearance here. Gonna be keeping this one on my watch list.

Reminds that I still need to go back and finish Monster Hunter World myself. Awesome game, monstrous grinding.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Excellent, great news. I was expecting this one to come over to PlayStation at some point. Nice to see it finally making its appearance here. Gonna be keeping this one on my watch list.

Reminds that I still need to go back and finish Monster Hunter World myself. Awesome game, monstrous grinding.

I finished World but couldnt for the life of me bring myself to finish Iceborne .... I was that burnt out I dont think I even started Iceborne.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Pretty sure this will be the case. Trophies were based on ingame awards in world and Rise has those as well. Like 50 for Rise and something around 50 for Sunbreak as well and since they can't really release 50 DLC trophies we can assume it will be a new list with plat just like Iceborne. Can't wait for this game, wanted to play it but not a toaster like switch lol

Here's the awards for Rise:

https://game8.co/games/Monster-Hunter-Rise/archives/329237

and for Sunbreak:

https://game8.co/games/Monster-Hunter-Rise/archives/351473

? already looks a lot grindier than MHW and Iceborne. Strangely enough, Rise only requires you to get Gold Crowns and not Mini Crowns? But that shouldn't matter anyway since Sunbreak requires you to get all Gold and Mini crowns. And assuming it works like Iceborne, you're gonna need all the base game crowns + base game free update monsters as well for the trophy to unlock, not just the crowns for the expansion monsters.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PostGameBlues said:

Strangely enough, Rise only requires you to get Gold Crowns and not Mini Crowns?

The base game does require "all" mini crowns as well. Regardless, I'm starting to think that Capcom enjoys making some of these awards monotonous as fuck out of spite. lol

Not a fan of overly RNG grindy BS, but I'll suffer through it anyways (still suffering with trying to get all of the crowns in World, especially with my disconnecting issues)

Some of the awards look like they might be a lot harder to achieve than some found in World/Iceborne, assuming they keep all of them and/or their requirements the same. ?

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 7:50 PM, PostGameBlues said:

So, these are quite a bit grindier than World/Iceborne! They seem to be as grindy as older MH titles used to be. Even if crown hunting in itself is quite the chore, this time we have a couple other achievements that might increase the plat time.

For base Rise, there are a couple that caught my attention:

Shabby Canyne Saddle - You need to spend 10 hours in total riding a palamute (the doggy), which is quite a lot if you don't use it. Why wouldn't you use it? I feel that for casual hunting cats are more useful, since they provide good support. And, 10 hours is a long time, you are only going to ride the palamute while traveling towards the monster, which might be 2-3 minutes per hunt? Maybe a bit more if you are dying often? Sounds grindy if done naturally, but I guess you could always just start an expedition and sit on the palamute for 10 hours straight while afk.

Golden Spiribug Plate - Gather 1000 golden or gilden spiritbugs. I highly doubt this one will come out naturally unless you play thousands of hours, since there are only a couple spots per map (and thus, per quest) where these spawn, so I'm positive we will have to grind for this one.

And these two from both games:

Dreadnought Destroyer Plaque and Hunter's Gold Shield - Hunt 1000 large monsters and Hunt 1000 MR monsters. That's a lot of monsters. For reference, I was curious to see how many large monsters I killed in World/Iceborne, so I went to my save file and checked. 1308 monsters between World and Iceborne, and I have both platinums! This time, each game asks you to hunt 1000 monsters! World had the hunt 500 large monsters trophy and Iceborne had one for 100 MR, 50 MR captures, 50 MR elders and 30 variants, so 730 for both games.

Granted, I mostly played World for the Plat, and have around 400 hours in game, so if you're also playing casually then it shouldn't be a problem. But, if you are doing it only for the plat, beware!!! It's gonna be grindy af. Though I assume this one will be stackable once Sunbreak comes out. Either way, that's a lot of monsters you have to hunt!

Also, there are a lot of "Complete all the quests" trophies, which will help with those 2000 monsters I guess, but again, if you are only doing this for the plat these are some of the trophies that should convince you otherwise (only if you dislike grindy stuff). And A BUNCH of collectible like achievements, Relics, Hunting Helpers, Endemic Life, Old Messages, etc etc.

And on top of all of that: CROWNS. The bane of every MH completionist. What I'm curious to know is if the monsters introduced with the DLC while the game was only on Switch are gonna be required for the trophies. In World/Iceborne DLC monsters weren't required, but since this time we're getting the whole game at once (I mean with no title updates, I know Sunbreak is coming out later) I don't really know what the plan is gonna be. 

In conclusion: These are way grindier than World/Iceborne, proceed with caution.

But they seem like fun lists nonetheless, I for one am totally going for them and can't wait to replay Rise/Sunbreak on my PS!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Monster Hunter Rise is digital-only.

Well, that's too bad. Still, at least we know. 

On 12/2/2022 at 7:50 PM, PostGameBlues said:

Here's the awards for Rise:

https://game8.co/games/Monster-Hunter-Rise/archives/329237

and for Sunbreak:

https://game8.co/games/Monster-Hunter-Rise/archives/351473

1f62c.png already looks a lot grindier than MHW and Iceborne. Strangely enough, Rise only requires you to get Gold Crowns and not Mini Crowns? But that shouldn't matter anyway since Sunbreak requires you to get all Gold and Mini crowns. And assuming it works like Iceborne, you're gonna need all the base game crowns + base game free update monsters as well for the trophy to unlock, not just the crowns for the expansion monsters.

Won't be long before we find out in any case. Doesn't look like a list for the faint of heart if that is the list, but don't really think Monster Hunter is meant to be for the faint of heart either.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, zin-hunter27 said:

What I'm curious to know is if the monsters introduced with the DLC while the game was only on Switch are gonna be required for the trophies. In World/Iceborne DLC monsters weren't required, but since this time we're getting the whole game at once (I mean with no title updates, I know Sunbreak is coming out later) I don't really know what the plan is gonna be. 

I'm pretty sure the free update monster crowns for World (base game) were required for the crown trophies for Iceborne. Deviljho and Lunastra for example were from free title updates for World yet you still needed their crowns to get the crown trophies for Iceborne. The free title update monster crowns that do not count are those that came AFTER Iceborne release.

Edited by PostGameBlues

Just now, PostGameBlues said:

I'm, pretty sure the free update monsters' crowns for World (base game) were required for the crown trophies for Iceborne. Deviljho and Lunastra for example were from free title updates yet you still needed their crowns to get the crown trophies for Iceborne. The free title update monster crowns that do not count are those that came AFTER Iceborne release.

Yeah, they counted for Iceborne, but not for World! They weren't required. What I have no clue of is if it's gonna be the same this time. Eg, Valstrax was introduced to base Rise in a title update, so, will it be required for the crowns for Rise? It will definitely be for Sunbreak's, but what about base Rise?

Maybe they will, because Valstrax has it's own achievement, but I haven't gotten the crowns achievements on the Switch, so idk.

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Monster Hunter Rise is digital-only.

Well, that's too bad. Still, at least we know. 

I was kinda expecting this to be honest. I wanted physical versions too possibly at least a steelbook edition cause I have both steelbooks for World and Iceborne, but I knew that was hoping for too much lol. I don't mind getting it digitally seeing as it's actually cheaper than most new games nowadays. It's only 60 AUD here, 75 for deluxe edition on AUS PSN when the norm is 100 or 125 AUD for new games (seriously why get it for those prices when local stores still sell for 70-80 AUD lmao). Also I find it funny that Rise is now at the top of best selling preordered games on PSN lol. Guess the MHW/Iceborne console fanbase is still alive and kicking.

13 minutes ago, zin-hunter27 said:

Yeah, they counted for Iceborne, but not for World! They weren't required. What I have no clue of is if it's gonna be the same this time. Eg, Valstrax was introduced to base Rise in a title update, so, will it be required for the crowns for Rise? It will definitely be for Sunbreak's, but what about base Rise?

Ah I get what you were saying now, yeah Deviljho and the other free dlc base game monsters weren't required for base game plat but now that every title update will be condensed into the game release it could mean that we need to get their crowns as well for the Rise platinum. But if you're someone going for Rise platinum you're probably going for Sunbreak's platinum anyway so it doesn't matter in the end.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

On 02/12/2022 at 5:35 PM, PostGameBlues said:

Time to spend another 800+ hours enjoying my time with this game while hunting gold and mini crowns just like I did for World and Iceborne. I am assuming we will get a separate trophy list with a separate platinum for Sunbreak just like Iceborne? If so, then bring on the pain! The hunt for crowns was painful for me since I did them before all the crown events started popping up one after the other, but I don't mind going through that again for both Rise and Sunbreak lol. I just love Monster Hunter so much.

Same here I did MHW & IB before the crown events so I felt the pain? I’ve already spent around 800 hours completing both Rise & Sunbreak on Switch, good news is while the base game of Rise has equivalent crown rates to MHW/IB, Sunbreak hugely improves the odds with giant crowns having a minimum 10% rate & minis a 6% rate for the target. It made finding crown sizes so much easier. I really hope it’s a double platinum again??

Edited by smudgedhorizon
(typos)
  • Like 2

On 05/12/2022 at 11:35 PM, zin-hunter27 said:

Snip

You’ll definitely unlock both the 10 hours riding your Canyne & 1000 spiribugs without even trying just as you play, so don’t worry for a second about those. Any time you aren’t actively fighting a monster you will be riding on your dog, it’s the fastest and easiest way to get around & you can drink potions & sharpen while you ride, so it’s amazing.

Sturdy Padlock: Collect all decorations and hanging scrolls in Rise, (& Solid Padlock in Sunbreak) are a PAIN. The scrolls just need 10 kills of each monster, but so many of the furniture items come from the lottery & the lottery is hell. Pure RNG like crowns. Every quest complete you have something like a 20% chance of the shop running a lottery. Then you can buy one ticket and first you have to hope that the (random every time) jackpot prize is one of the unique furniture items you need, then you have to hope you actually do hit a jackpot! Soul destroying to finally see the missing item you need but then you don’t get the jackpot & it disappears again?? Put it this way - I actually got all the crowns in base Rise before I got all the all the furniture from the lottery! 

They’ve said it releases with all updates up to version 10 so I’m not 100% sure how that will impact the awards (trophies). 

• Like 1