How do you stack regions on the PS4?

thickish_post5

a two questions:

1. Since region is automatically set on the game, how do I change it to Europe or Asia on my PS4? Do I have to make a PSN account for Europe and Asia and then download the game again through each regions PSN store, and then switch to my main profile and open the game on it? so I'll have multiple versions of Genshin on one PS4?

2. Do I just sign into that region and then everything will autopop? I heard different regions have different saves so I'll have to do everything again to get the trophies right?

1: Yes, you have to create a new account in the region you want to get the stack from, then rebuy/download the game from that region's store with whatever the local currency is. Once the game is downloaded, make sure both accounts are set as primaries so they can actually see the game and let you use it. Do note though, that China and South Korea have extremely restrictive account creation policies which make it almost impossible to create an account in those regions, though there are some grey area tricks you can use at your own risk. In the case of Japan, creating an account is easy but if you want Z-rated digital games, you need a Japanese Credit Card for age verification purposes.

2: Online only games like Warframe, Fortnite, Destiny etc. have 2-way cross-save but not always with full auto-pop. Saves are virtually always region and account locked so can't be moved between accounts without using hacking software or having a hacked console, both of which will get you removed from the leaderboards here and run the risk of a bollocking from Sony. Also it's extremely rare for single player games to offer 2-way cross-save from the PS5 to the PS4 so you will nearly always have to redo that game from scratch.

If a retail version is available, you can skip the entire alt account creation process unless there's DLC involved.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, thickish_post5 said:

a two questions:

1. Since region is automatically set on the game, how do I change it to Europe or Asia on my PS4? Do I have to make a PSN account for Europe and Asia and then download the game again through each regions PSN store, and then switch to my main profile and open the game on it? so I'll have multiple versions of Genshin on one PS4?

2. Do I just sign into that region and then everything will autopop? I heard different regions have different saves so I'll have to do everything again to get the trophies right?

For question 2, you cannot stack/auto-pop trophies for  regions in this game. Every time you swap regions, you will have to create a new character and as such, you'll have to play from the beginning again. The game is free but it will take you months or even a year+ to get all trophies in all versions

Edited by ZOLANTON
  • Like 1

I created a European PSN account and downloaded genshin on it too but I must be doing something wrong. regardless of which version of genshin I start on the PS5 I always launch into the American server even on the european version I downloaded. so if you are playing on PS5 then you cannot launch into any region/server other then the one your PSN account was created in it seems like, even if you downloaded a different regions genshin from that regions PSN store. so I take it I have to have a PS4 to launch a version where I can play on a different server? I'm not even talking about stacking the regions via PS5 but even just launching into the different server on my original PSN profile with the different server/save so I don't have to log into my PC to play

You can't switch playable regions on PS4 or PS5. There's an option to on Mobile or PC but not on Sony devices. You're locked into the region depending on the country that's tied your PSN account. (ie. USA PSN can only play on Americas server, UK PSN can only play on Europe server)
Doesn't matter which version of the game you download from whatever Country psn store, your Country's PSN takes priority on which server you're playing on.

YOU CAN however autopop the regional PS4 trophy lists (NA,EU, and even CHN but that one takes more effort to get access to.)
ie. If you have all the trophies on the NA PS4 list, you can download the EU Genshin game client off an EU psn store and boot it up on your main PSN it will autopop all the trophies on the EU trophy stack. Vice versa too.
From my experience, when you use the EU game client on an NA psn account it will still load you into the Americas server but the EU game client is connected to the EU trophy stack. The game will check your in-game achievements and autopop any trophies that you're eligible to get. The same thing would happen if you played on PC and connected your PSN to your genshin account and boot up the game on a PS4 or PS5 for the first time.

On 12/13/2022 at 5:55 AM, HuntingFever said:

Do note though, that China and South Korea have extremely restrictive account creation policies which make it almost impossible to create an account in those regions,

That's South Korea. You can create a Chinese account, just can't fund it.

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Really? I was under the impression that trying to create a China account these days was bordering on impossible, because of changes made to appease the Chinese government and their anti-gaming crusade 1f914.png.

All I know is I managed to do it a couple years back. Maybe it's changed since then?

On 2022-12-14 at 7:39 PM, Dead Weight said:

You can't switch playable regions on PS4 or PS5. There's an option to on Mobile or PC but not on Sony devices. You're locked into the region depending on the country that's tied your PSN account. (ie. USA PSN can only play on Americas server, UK PSN can only play on Europe server)
Doesn't matter which version of the game you download from whatever Country psn store, your Country's PSN takes priority on which server you're playing on.

YOU CAN however autopop the regional PS4 trophy lists (NA,EU, and even CHN but that one takes more effort to get access to.)
ie. If you have all the trophies on the NA PS4 list, you can download the EU Genshin game client off an EU psn store and boot it up on your main PSN it will autopop all the trophies on the EU trophy stack. Vice versa too.
From my experience, when you use the EU game client on an NA psn account it will still load you into the Americas server but the EU game client is connected to the EU trophy stack. The game will check your in-game achievements and autopop any trophies that you're eligible to get. The same thing would happen if you played on PC and connected your PSN to your genshin account and boot up the game on a PS4 or PS5 for the first time.

How exactly? I did download the EU game but didn't unlock any trophy on my main account

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MichMasteR said:

How exactly? I did download the EU game but didn't unlock any trophy on my main account

I loaded up the game, hit the start menu, and wait for the trophies to pop.
That's it :dunno:. Nothing Special.

Maybe the start menu is what triggers the game to check your achievements, not too sure.

2 minutes ago, Dead Weight said:

I loaded up the game, hit the start menu, and wait for the trophies to pop.
That's it :dunno:. Nothing Special.

Maybe the start menu is what triggers the game to check your achievements, not too sure.

Huh... i will try again then, thanks for the heads up

On 15/12/2022 at 0:39 AM, Dead Weight said:

You can't switch playable regions on PS4 or PS5.

It's weird, if you try to log in when the the maintenance goes on, it kicks you back to the main menu and gives you an option to choose which region server you'd like to use.  Any other time you can never access that option.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/17/2022 at 3:12 PM, Dark_Overlord said:

It's weird, if you try to log in when the the maintenance goes on, it kicks you back to the main menu and gives you an option to choose which region server you'd like to use.  Any other time you can never access that option.

Do you have any idea if this still works in 2024 ?

On 3/20/2024 at 3:44 AM, M-Hssini said:

Do you have any idea if this still works in 2024 ?

On 3/20/2024 at 2:48 PM, Dark_Overlord said:

Probably, but I'm not sure if the game would even let you play a different region from console

On console, during maintenance you cannot select a server. On the title screen, it pops the maintenance message automatically (before loading data), which when closed, will autopop again until the maintenance is over or you close the game.