Looking for answers - Anyone have this issue?

VenlafaxineHead

Last night I logged onto my PS5 and was going to play a game. I was met with the message that "licensing needed to be restored".... Okay, annoying, but I've had to do it before. Went to "settings" / "other" and "restore licenses"...it started to work until about halfway where I received an error message stating I wasn't connected to PSN (can't recall the WS or WA code). Essentially it stated that either PSN was down or there was a problem with my internet. 

Anyhow, I WAS connected to PSN with no issues - I also use a wired connection and have excellent upload/download speeds. Everything was working perfectly fine - ran a test to verify it. 

I tried resetting my router, doing a hard reset on the PS5, uninstalling and reinstalling a game to no avail. At one point I was able to jump on a game - no idea why... just all of a sudden let me. I then played the game for 30 minutes before a message popped up saying "Game shutting down in 15 minutes due to inability to restore license." 

Back to square one... close out the game, go to "restore licenses".... error message. 

I'm REALLY hoping this isn't the case tonight. I'm at work all day so I'm unable to try it out. The only thing I did earlier in the day was install a "google nest" device to my house/internet...but I fail to see how that would have any impact on anything. Just a coincidence? 

Was anyone else experiencing strange connection issues last night similar to this?

1 minute ago, DatZoolander said:

Which game are you having problems with?

It was every/any game. I wasn't allowed play anything because "licensure needs restoring"...but then it would glitch out when I'd try to restore them saying I wasn't connected to PSN....though I very, very clearly WAS connected to PSN. 

I can't say I've ever had this particular issue. If it helps at all, I do recall at one point a Stellaris DLC wouldn't register even though I bought it, and PS support told me to rebuild my database since I'd already tried restoring my licenses several times to no avail. That helped.

Doesn't really relate to your connection issue, but it may help with restoring licenses not working.

Just now, Darling Baphomet said:

I can't say I've ever had this particular issue. If it helps at all, I do recall at one point a Stellaris DLC wouldn't register even though I bought it, and PS support told me to rebuild my database since I'd already tried restoring my licenses several times to no avail. That helped.

Doesn't really relate to your connection issue, but it may help with restoring licenses not working.

Thank you. Yeah, I may need to rebuild the database.

Fingers crossed this issue just magically went away. It's just so bizarre. 

34 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

PSN tends to have issues right on Christmas, and sometimes for a few days after. Likely due to the influx of new users all jumping in at the same time.

This^

PSN goes to crap every Christmas during the last week or 2 of the year, due to all the people who get new consoles, games and PSN cards as presents during that time period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VenlafaxineHead said:

Was anyone else experiencing strange connection issues last night similar to this?

Not this one, but last year or during peak sale period. Had basically the same situation you described but on one game - I forgot which game... maybe when CP2077 came back with a PS5 version or one of the big hitters

Tried everything, gave up, came back 2 days later and the game worked perfectly without any error codes. In my case I could still play something else (disc install). Issue was only on the PS Store downloaded game.

• Like 1

Update:

Everything seems to be working pretty well for the last couple days. I am having issues with trophies popping. They register but have not been popping when attained. I checked my settings/notifications, and everything looks fine. One time I actually just got a greyed-out message just saying, "trophy attained." 

I'm assuming much like everyone else stated... X-mas has had some negative effects on the network. 

PSN was busy during Christmas, you don't have your PS5 set as your primary console so all digital games couldn't be authenticated and therefore didn't work. 

I had the same exact issue since my account is on multiple consoles.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, VenlafaxineHead said:

I am having issues with trophies popping. They register but have not been popping when attained. I checked my settings/notifications, and everything looks fine. One time I actually just got a greyed-out message just saying, "trophy attained." 

That’s one isn’t a holiday issue, it’s a PS5 issue that still hasn’t been addressed:

As you can see from the thread, it’s been going on since the PS5 launched. I anticipate, just like the PS4 update that launched pretty far into PS4s life, they issue a PS5 firmware update that does a better job of instantly syncing trophies to PSN when online. 

• Like 2