PS4 version is awful

Fluxcaa

I played it for 200h or so, it’s stable enough to enjoy it, more stable if playing with other PlayStation users, the game does have issues with cross play, if anyone on pc was hosting a lobby, it would often be unplayable, but I did the majority with friends on ps4/5 and for the most part, was absolutely fine, so I’d grab a buddy or 2 before starting

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shmeefly said:

I played it for 200h or so, it’s stable enough to enjoy it, more stable if playing with other PlayStation users, the game does have issues with cross play, if anyone on pc was hosting a lobby, it would often be unplayable, but I did the majority with friends on ps4/5 and for the most part, was absolutely fine, so I’d grab a buddy or 2 before starting

I don’t have friends that have this game or willing to buy it ?

Tbh you can run most solo, the matchmaking is kinda dead but there’s still ppl playing, you’d only need others to run the last 2 difficulties, and now that I mention it, you could probably run the highest difficulty solo with the dlc if you have it, there’s a demolisher build that is insanely op, but to run that build effectively you need to have a large stack of the overclocker card, I think it’s overclocker, the one that cuts recharge time for abilities by 50%, and you can spam the rockets with a micro rockets recharge and damage only build, 2 demos can destroy any mission so you’d only need 1, find someone casually in matchmaking or open a session, I would offer to help but I put like 250h into it n I’m about to start wwz lol

Edited by Shmeefly
  • Like 1

On 17/01/2023 at 9:51 AM, Shmeefly said:

Definitely not stable enough for enjoyment

• 5 months later...

PS4 version was unplayable (not exaggerating)  at launch on PS4 Slim. I had to play the PS4 version on PS5, and even then it was rough in some areas.

1 hour ago, ElektrickRage said:

but by this time there will be a lot of LVL 100 randoms to help U out.

How do you mean? Do you level up in the game now?

I gave up on this game due to the performance.

4 hours ago, enaysoft said:

How do you mean? Do you level up in the game now?

I gave up on this game due to the performance.

They added prestige levels in the game for your overall player progress. But when you see players that are level 100 on your insane runs join your lobby it is a good indication that they know what they are doing. The missions are still gonna be tough but it is easier now. Because these max level players always have a shitton of equipment and know how to use their builds. I got the platinum by level 60. It can still be annoying like when people leave halfway through the match but it's doable. Just be prepared to wait 5 minutes to get a lobby started sometimes. I played at night and weekends, only time anyone is playing.

• 4 months later...
On 11/11/2023 at 4:59 PM, Dreamcast12 said:

Will there be another patch for this game of has it been abandoned? The game runs horrible on my PS4 pro in certain parts of the map the game optimization of this one is just bad..

There was a patch a couple of weeks back that improved the Bot A.I and made some stability improvements but the devs have committed to releasing more updates soon: https://www.aliensfireteamelite.com/en/releasenotes/

• Like 1

Now that I spend some time in the game I noticed that the majority of issues come down to high latency lack of network interpolation  and players hosting rooms on the original/slim PS4 https://coldironstudios.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/article/1891139622

I had unplayable games with 3+ seconds delay with someone hosting from South America and China. Hopefully they add more networking features such as the ability to host or join a game, region filters and combat rating restriction options if you are the host.

PS: The DLC and Aliens: Fireteam Elite — Ultimate Edition Upgrade (this one may unlock cameos, hats, emotes and decal trophy) are on sale

Edited by Dreamcast12
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

Is the game as hard as it's rated on Playstation trophies - 10/10? A couple hundreds people platted it, so it doesn't seem THAT hard. Don't know much about it, so is it way easier while in multiplayer?

It's a bit easier and a little less irritating now than it was at launch but you're still looking at an 8 or 9/10 for difficulty, primarily due to having to finish the game on Extreme and Insane.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...