[PSA] Shredder post-patch 1.05/1.07

For those going after the ‘Who Needs a Dock?’ trophy, please be aware that Shredder has been significantly buffed, both in terms of movement speed and input-reading. This means that the tips from videos published 7 months ago are not up-to-date, and the strategy does not work as well.

If you have the physical edition of the game, preventing the update will make the fight significantly easier. This also means that the strategies from the videos will actually apply (again, provided your console is off the internet and does not install the update).

For what concerns the ‘joining the game as Shredder is being defeated’ workaround, I have been unable to execute this since acquiring the game. Might be a coincidence, or maybe it was genuinely patched; however, most definitely did not work for me.

• Like 4

For what concerns the ‘joining the game as Shredder is being defeated’ workaround, I have been unable to execute this since acquiring the game. Might be a coincidence, or maybe it was genuinely patched; however, most definitely did not work for me.

I can confirm that method still work, me and my friend were able to do it yesterday. We were both on PS5 and we have done it in first try, first in my game then in his game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SenpaiSlap said:

I can confirm that method still work, me and my friend were able to do it yesterday. We were both on PS5 and we have done it in first try, first in my game then in his game.

Perfect, at least we have confirmation that it works for some. Did not work for me and others on PS5, but perhaps that simply suggests that it is a glitchy process.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 9:24 AM, SabakuNoGaara23 said:

Perfect, at least we have confirmation that it works for some. Did not work for me and others on PS5, but perhaps that simply suggests that it is a glitchy process.

I've done it at least 5 times now both for my account, my wife's, and set it up for several others.  It's worked every time, on both PS4 and PS5 versions.  The key is whoever is the set up player has to pause immediately after connecting with the last hit, then while paused they invite whoever is going for the trophy. 

It works best if it's done with one set up player and only one player going for the trophy.  If there is more than one person invited for the trophy part and one of them joins after the death animation is already in progress it may not pop for them.  

Edited by Snake2410

Tested and proved. Trinity of hardest trophies works as it is described. Finishing on one coin can be finished by joining any party on the last chapter, beating arcade on Gnarly as well (now it is easier to find as games has difficulty written down and there is usually at least one party that climbs up the toughest ladder. You can jump in and out as many times as you like).

The best news is that hitless Super Shredder is also achievable the easy way. Friend or your second console and account makes a party in the Story mode. Enters chapter 16, beats up Super Shredder until the last hit connects and pauses the game. Now your main account connects to the game* and the moment it enters, trophy pops. Otherwise this trophy would be one of the hardest made as Shredder right now is some kind of madman... ?

*you don't need to join earlier. And don't panic when you see on the backup screen that game unpauses behind the pause screen. It is ok.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

What are the odds that the dropping in on other sessions like beating shredder etc gets patched because I'm sure it would become much harder without it.

I just made a session for next weekend but really it can be whenever if you want this tropy

This is the last trophy I need and it's proving to be a pain in the ass having to go through the whole stage every time just to have another attempt at shredder. Online is pretty dead so if anyone wants to help each other out by attempting to join each others game then I'm all for it. 

PSN: A_Mozza

On 3/31/2023 at 6:24 PM, TheRetroManiac said:

What are the odds that the dropping in on other sessions like beating shredder etc gets patched because I'm sure it would become much harder without it.

I would've really expected they'd have patched it by now if they could or even wanted to.  I suspect their drop in drop out system would need way to much work too reconfigurate than they can afford or allocate labor for.

Edited by Snake2410

10 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I would've really expected they'd have patched it by now if they could or even wanted to.  I suspect their drop in drop out system would need way to much work to reconfigurate than they can afford or allocate labor for.

Actually did not think about that you make a good point, it's most likely not worth them patching as it does not break the game and would not be a priority.

22 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Actually did not think about that you make a good point, it's most likely not worth them patching as it does not break the game and would not be a priority.

I'm sure they aren't too happy that we can get that trophy easily with the trick, but the issue is the time/money isn't worth it to fix it.

21 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

I'm sure they aren't too happy that we can get that trophy easily with the trick, but the issue is the time/money isn't worth it to fix it.

For sure, it's not worth the price for a patch for something like this it would need to be game breaking bugs no progression something major and even then it's redesigning the drop in feature etc which again costs money and resources not their priority. I missed out on the last sale, so will wait for it to go on sale again.

It's a great game for sure so if anybody that's on the fence about buying it highly recommended tons of fun.

Edited by TheRetroManiac

13 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

For sure, it's not worth the price for a patch for something like this it would need to be game breaking bugs no progression something major and even then it's redesigning the drop in feature etc which again costs money and resources not their priority. I missed out on the last sale, so will wait for it to go on sale again.

It's a great game for sure so if anybody that's on the fence about buying it highly recommended tons of fun.

I've bought 5 different copies of it lol.  PS4 and PS5 digital, PS4 Radical Edition, PS5 base disc version, and Switch.  So I give them my support.

On 06/04/2023 at 3:38 PM, Snake2410 said:

I've bought 5 different copies of it lol.  PS4 and PS5 digital, PS4 Radical Edition, PS5 base disc version, and Switch.  So I give them my support.

I own the digital version PS4 and I do plan on getting the disc versions as well, as I love me some turtles. They do deserve the support, it's such a fantastic game, for sure.

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, DrewFrostStormy said:

...Well that explains a lot as to why ive been struggling at this for hours on end 1f629.png I just wanna get this Platinum, but this trophys pissing me tf off. If anyone could possibly help, itd be extremely EXTREMELY appreciated 

Best and sure way of getting this too work is to do the following if you have help from somebody else it won't take 5 minutes.

So Host aka the person carrying you for the trophy beats Shredder then pauses the game and invites the person needing the trophy. Simply put the host pauses it as it's a single player game at that point and as soon as the invited player joins the game automatically unpauses and pops the trophy.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 6:07 AM, SabakuNoGaara23 said:

If you have the physical edition of the game, preventing the update will make the fight significantly easier.

If you're playing the digital version, PS4 specifically:

I’ve been trying to get this “who needs a dock” trophy today. Joined multiple games in story mode, some right before the boss died, and others where he has a bit of life left and I did some damage to him myself before he died. Trophy won’t pop. (I’m on ps5)

Edit: The trick @TheRetroManiac mentioned still works. Thanks for the help getting the trophy!

Edited by Mr_Fluffy_Pants_

18 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

I’ve been trying to get this “who needs a dock” trophy today. Joined multiple games in story mode, some right before the boss died, and others where he has a bit of life left and I did some damage to him myself before he died. Trophy won’t pop. (I’m on ps5)

Edit: The trick @TheRetroManiac mentioned still works. Thanks for the help getting the trophy!

No problem only takes 5 minutes, well it took 3 mins 35 seconds lol.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The trick of jumping into a game after Shredder is defeated works in either Arcade or Story mode. I have managed to get it by joining a random game just as Shredder is defeated. It was pure luck to my timing though.

It must be done online. If your console witnesses someone being hit, then the trick fails. Therefore local coop is out for this one. Only way to do it locally is with 2 consoles in your house or actually beating Super Shredder without being hit.

I just did it today on PS4. Once the final hit to Super Shredder is done. Pause the game and invite the person looking to get it. As soon as they start joining, the game will unpause and it will proceed to Shredder being destroyed and then the end of level stats screen. It felt like it was cutting it close to get the trophy as Shredder was fully destroyed by the time my other profile joined.

If it fails for you, then it could that ping time to the player you are joining is off enough that the game progresses past the point the trophy would trigger. This is just a guess on my part and the times I have done it were either with another console on my network, or a friend who lives in the same country. If it is failing, you may need to get invited just before the final hit is done. Just beware that once it starts loading you in, any hits will probably void it, so make sure they kill Shredder quickly after the game unpauses from the person joining

• Like 1