Gameplay Questions Thread

Shintetsuken

I can't find a lot of information about this game online, so let's collect answers to common questions in an easy-to-find thread to help completion. Let's try to minimize discussion to only asking or answering questions, please!

I got this mission in the God Aptitude Test and couldn't figure it out: How do you summon a Talos?

• Like 1

A Talos is a Rune Summon on layer 2 (golems). On layer 4, the runes will cycle between the three rune families (demons, golems, and ladies). You can further modify what is summoned by adding more nutrients or mana to runes, changing the rune summon to something else in that monster family. The easiest way to add mana to runes is to allow spirits to pass over them.

To simplify, a rune is created whenever you unearth an isolated (no blocks adjacent) level 3 mana or level three nutrient block. What the rune summons depends on the layer the block was on, and what the level 3 block was. Rune made from nutrient blocks tend to be the physical sub species, runes made from mana tend to be the magical sub species. You level up either basic rune by adding more mana to them via spirits or removing nutrients via slimes before making the rune.

2 hours ago, Shintetsuken said:

I can't find a lot of information about this game online, so let's collect answers to common questions in an easy-to-find thread to help completion. Let's try to minimize discussion to only asking or answering questions, please!

I got this mission in the God Aptitude Test and couldn't figure it out: How do you summon a Talos?

If you have other questions I can probably answer them.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

@Dreggit managed plat in 10hr and a bit. Seeing as few have it, perhaps that long. 

15 hours ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Anyone have an estimated time to platinum this?

hltb doesnt have any entries, and I cant find any full game walkthroughs on youtube.

I would have done it in 6/7 hours had I not done a training mission a few hours prior to anything else. But anyway, the time to beat really depends on wether or not you understand how the core game works, and its mutations system. If you finish a run of all game modes and training missions to their completion, you'll end up somewhere between 48-52% of the almanac so don't worry about filling up the almanac, just focus on completing each game mode and it'll come naturally.

1 hour ago, Dreggit said:

I would have done it in 6/7 hours had I not done a training mission a few hours prior to anything else. But anyway, the time to beat really depends on wether or not you understand how the core game works, and its mutations system. If you finish a run of all game modes and training missions to their completion, you'll end up somewhere between 48-52% of the almanac so don't worry about filling up the almanac, just focus on completing each game mode and it'll come naturally.

Thanks mate

I’ll add it to my list, hopefully there will be a guide by that point

6 hours ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Thanks mate

I’ll add it to my list, hopefully there will be a guide by that point

The game's not terribly hard by the way. The platinum is more or less asking that you play through each game mode once to completion only, nothing fancy. It is realistically no more than a 3/10 or 4/10 for difficulty. The only thing that might take awhile is clearing Story modes Area 1-3, but you can visit Badman's place (center location of story mode), to experiment and practice in a sandbox environment with any modified parameter you'd like, including changing the default sub-species spawned by a level 1/2/3 block, mana/nutrient frequency, water levels, size of the sandbox, and more.

To be brief about the game modes:

Story Mode - Play through 3 levels that have an increasing number of rounds/stages

Training - Play through a series of static puzzles in where your goal is to complete an objective

Daily Challenge - (Not actually daily) You play 10 rounds of objectives where the 10th round is a static (always the same) Hero defense. You unlock the next difficulty by completing the goal score and can immediately begin the next DC level. There are 5 levels total.

GAT (God Aptitude Test) - Is effectively the same as Daily Challenge, except all at once. Meaning the same objectives you see in DC Level 1 are the same challenges you see in GAT rounds 1-9. Same is true up to round 49, so you can practice for the GAT by just doing whatever level set you have issues with. Rounds 10/20/30/40/50 are all unique Hero defenses to this mode.

Nearly everything you need to know for the Daily Challenge/GAT is covered in the various Training levels, but not absolutely everything, but most things. Providing you complete the above four game modes, you'd have the platinum, or be very nearly close to earning the platinum.

• Like 2

One more question  though, It's not to drastic.

To get the 30 gat levels. Do you need to get to lv30  or just do 30

Say I do 1-7 and fail

Then 1-10 and succeeded, an am put into 11-20, clear that. But then fail 21.  

Do I need to just do 3 more levels to obtain 30. Or actually hit the 30-40 level threshold 

(I'll likely possibly find this out tonight lol if I can clear the hero wave at 20)

15 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Lame! OK.

I'm struggling with making dronver or what ever dragon, something about needing to cull it at 《#mana and it will regenerate idk lol

It's the creamy/white color one

https://holybadman.fandom.com/wiki/Dvagon

"Dvagons can only be created by repeatedly regenerating a Dragon until it reaches 1-4 mana."

1) If you press X on a creature, you can see how much Health, Mana and Nutrients it has.

2) Creatures' HP always goes down unless they are eating something, so if you hit them with the Pickaxe once or twice (without killing it), you can speed up its death.

3) Why would you do this? Well, if Dragons die of starvation, they will always lay an egg (and if the old Dragon didn't eat anything, the new Dragon will have less Mana than the old Dragon had).

4) Keep almost killing the Dragon with your Pickaxe, don't let it eat anything, and let it starve to death. Repeatedly. The mana will go down.

5) Eventually, the Egg it will lay will be a Dvagon egg.

Edited by Shintetsuken
typo
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Shintetsuken said:

https://holybadman.fandom.com/wiki/Dvagon

"Dvagons can only be created by repeatedly regenerating a Dragon until it reaches 1-4 mana."

1) If you press X on a creature, you can see how much Health, Mana and Nutrients it has.

2) Creatures' HP always goes down unless they are eating something, so if you hit them with the Pickaxe once or twice (without killing it), you can speed up its death.

3) Why would you do this? Well, if Dragons die of starvation, they will always lay an egg (and if the old Dragon didn't eat anything, the new Dragon will have less Mana than the old Dragon had).

4) Keep almost killing the Dragon with your Pickaxe, don't let it eat anything, and let it starve to death. Repeatedly. The mana will go down.

5) Eventually, the Egg it will lay will be a Dvagon egg.

Dam! I was doing it wrong lol I was flat out killing them.

Thanks alot

14 hours ago, dinholongboard said:

How do you Summon a Mara?

https://holybadman.fandom.com/wiki/Mara

”Maras are summoned through a Mara Rune, which is created by having no nutrients or mana. Technically, less than 9 nutrients and mana is sufficient to make a Mara Rune, so having Slimemosses take the nutrients out of the intended block for use is plausible.”

If you’re just going for the trophy, there is a Training Lesson that is specifically summoning a Mara, and it has a lot of the setup done for you (it has Mara in the name of the Lesson, if you haven’t unlocked it yet, just aim for the other trophies until you unlock it).

3 hours ago, Zsolti_HUN said:

The Power of Runes
Activate any type of rune.

What is this exactly? Are runes the standalone lv3 nutrition blocks which result a "gateway" to summon monsters? I activated several (in Trainings, Daily Challenges etc) but the trophy did not pop. Or is it something different? 

That is what Runes are, but I feel like this trophy might be misleading. I’m pretty sure it popped when I picked up my first Dragon Orb…maybe try getting one of those and see if it works.

17 hours ago, Zsolti_HUN said:

The Power of Runes
Activate any type of rune.

What is this exactly? Are runes the standalone lv3 nutrition blocks which result a "gateway" to summon monsters? I activated several (in Trainings, Daily Challenges etc) but the trophy did not pop. Or is it something different? 

A number of trophies only trigger in Story Mode areas, such as create x monster trophies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, And98s said:

Is there any way to prevent heroes freezing your water tiles or to undo it?

I haven't found a way to undo it, but if you click on a frozen monster, it will unfreeze, so there's at least that.

If a hero walks over a rune, it will drain their MP and they can't cast freeze. You can try having a path of runes lead to the water, but that's easier said than done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Anyone knows how much time to plat ?

Took me 61H on vita,huge grind, gameplay is really Similar too i guess?

I know they are different 

The plat only really asks you to play and complete each game mode once. So it would take you as little as 3 hours, but can take as much as 10. It depends on how well you understand the game and its unique mechanics. If you casually complete each game mode (Training/GAT/Daily/Story) The almanac should be filled anywhere between 48-52%, from there, using Batman's Chamber (center location of Story mode) can be used to easily spawn/create new mutations.

• Like 1

On 06/02/2023 at 6:13 PM, Shintetsuken said:

That is what Runes are, but I feel like this trophy might be misleading. I’m pretty sure it popped when I picked up my first Dragon Orb…maybe try getting one of those and see if it works.

Yes, the trophy picture is an Orb actually, not a rune, so the text is misleading. :) I will continue with story and I'm sure it will pop eventually. Thanks!