Playing the game for the first time in 2023

Hey guys so I'm interested in this game but I want to know if it's worth to start playing at this point in it's lifespan. I know it's a complex game but my real concern is if Siege is one of those cases where the game started great and then the devs or the community destroyed it (like Overwatch).  

The biggest tip I can give for ranked is to not solo queue, join the R6S discord and find ranked groups in there. There’s always people looking for groups for every rank and I’ve met really chill and good players thru there, I use it pretty much everyday and contrary to what you’ll hear about the community and game in general it’s rare that you find people who are genuinely toxic/not fun to play with. That may just be my experience though, take it with a grain of salt since I’m nowhere near a newcomer to the game.

Edited by shxrpay
more info
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 8:07 PM, Riiszk said:

No matter what competitive online only game it is (R6S, OW, LoL, CS, Val etc), it'll be toxic.

This is moreso true with team based games (ie, success is dependent on team synergy and each person playing roles determines the outcome). Even in casual or pub lobbies, there will alway be someone yelling in your ear. People call Call of Duty toxic, but I don't think they understand the true definition of toxicity when your team killed in R6 or kicked from the game like SOCOM back in the day. Luckily, I completed this game while living in Japan where they were more civil and I couldn't understand what they were saying if they did yell. ?

On 2/3/2023 at 3:51 PM, polar_bst said:

Hey guys so I'm interested in this game but I want to know if it's worth to start playing at this point in it's lifespan. I know it's a complex game but my real concern is if Siege is one of those cases where the game started great and then the devs or the community destroyed it (like Overwatch).  

I only suggest playing this game if you like playing somehwat hardcore, tactical shooters...not for the platinum. I haven't played the game in quite awhile, but I do follow it and the devs are pretty active. I don't think the community is the main problem (although it is a problem), it's the learning curve. It'll take hundreds of hours to learn the maps which is key and the skill level. Headshots are 1-hit kills, which can be pretty frustrating...especially if players are using Mouse and Keyboard. You'll die and have no idea what happened.

If you're looking for a hardcore shooter with a slightly more tolerable community, I would also suggest Hunt: Showdown.

Edited by defect03

• 3 weeks later...

May I ask a question (or maybe a few)

I don’t know much about this game but looking to likely boost it with my 8 consoles if possible.

how many players does it require to start a game ? 

I noticed the rank trophies, now I was able to get some of my alts gold or silver tier in street fighter v , so grinding a few alts isn’t a new thing to me, but to get them into ranked matches how many would I need?

Or , is matchmaking an issue? This is why I generally boost alone being in Australia and all… wykyk 

I know this isn’t the right topic for this question , but I too am coming into 2023 looking to get into it at some point soon. 

On 3/22/2023 at 2:44 AM, JWill_55 said:

May I ask a question (or maybe a few)

I don’t know much about this game but looking to likely boost it with my 8 consoles if possible.

how many players does it require to start a game ? 

I noticed the rank trophies, now I was able to get some of my alts gold or silver tier in street fighter v , so grinding a few alts isn’t a new thing to me, but to get them into ranked matches how many would I need?

Or , is matchmaking an issue? This is why I generally boost alone being in Australia and all… wykyk 

I know this isn’t the right topic for this question , but I too am coming into 2023 looking to get into it at some point soon. 

You need 10 people to start a game, but I’m not sure boosting would be feasible with the way matchmaking works. You also can’t really just leave a ranked game if you don’t match with yourself as there’s a ban penalty that goes up each time you leave starting from 1 hour. You also need to level up an account to level 50 before it can play ranked which is a pretty decent time sink, so I’d say it’s honestly much faster to just play and learn the game normally and get gold rank naturally. It’s not too bad imo and if worst comes to worst you can find a team who might be willing to carry you in the R6 discord since they removed the MMR gap limit in squads (meaning any rank can queue with each other, e.x. the lowest rank and highest in the game can play together in ranked).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shxrpay said:

You need 10 people to start a game, but I’m not sure boosting would be feasible with the way matchmaking works. You also can’t really just leave a ranked game if you don’t match with yourself as there’s a ban penalty that goes up each time you leave starting from 1 hour. You also need to level up an account to level 50 before it can play ranked which is a pretty decent time sink, so I’d say it’s honestly much faster to just play and learn the game normally and get gold rank naturally. It’s not too bad imo and if worst comes to worst you can find a team who might be willing to carry you in the R6 discord since they removed the MMR gap limit in squads (meaning any rank can queue with each other, e.x. the lowest rank and highest in the game can play together in ranked).

Much appreciated for the detailed response. Sounds fun regardless.

• Like 1