PS4 <-> PS5 Autopop?

Mickmann_1403

Haha Was just about to come and ask the same question. Definitely if there is autopop capability between PS4 and PS5, I'd get the PS4 version personally in the future. Not a game where getting the PS5 version would really make much of a difference seemingly, as opposed to say a Horizon: Forbidden West for example. (Someone can happily correct me if I'm wrong and the PS5 version is far better than the PS4 version)

• 5 months later...
On 02/03/2023 at 9:53 PM, AllaTheGreat00 said:

Manual autopop is possible for PS4 -> PS5, they will show an option to continue from previous PS4 save immediately when opening the PS5 version, so keep a 100% save at the end to pop almost all trophies (don't even have to beat the super boss again, phewww)

Miscellaneous trophies can be pop by doing them again / 1 more time (trigger 1 more path actions, travel to another place, etc.)

Hide contents

=> For all story trophies, go into Journal and watch the last entry of each Paths, Crossed Paths, Main Path "Dawn" for Dawn Breaks and enjoy the Epilogue with a finished save file for Octopath Traveler 

=> Setting Sail: Ride the boat xD

=> Record Collector: Interact with a record player in a bar

=> Worth the DetourGate to the Netherworld: IIRC Interact with sidequest Journal Menu popped both for me

=> Battle-Tested Gear: either check your inventory or what I did was unequip and equip them back on my Arm-master

=> A New Skill + EX Skill Master + Job Master: Check Job + Skill Menus

=> Master of Solistia: Fast travel or walk to another place

=> The Journey Begins: Have to redo and finish Chapter 1 for any character (except Oswald, for him must finish chapter 2) to get this one (finish tutorial trophy)

To add, 'The Journey Begins' (Complete tutorial) can be popped alongside 'Octopath Traveler' (Finish Epilogue).

I just saved those two until last and finished the epilogue as Osvald and they both popped for me when it has that 'Fin' screen with all of the characters on it.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

To be clear, you can re-pop all trophies from a single 100% save file? You don’t need to keep any saves from partway through the game?

Edit: Yes, a single 100% PS4 save file can be used to pop all trophies on PS5.

Edited by NathanielJohn