RPG Mania 2023 - The Octo-Path to Redemption - Congrats to SWWDevereux! (Completed)

With Star Rail's PS5 version out, the Trophies that autopop for what I did while waiting, let's see

15 :bronze: 7 :silver: 3 :gold: which leave me with 6 :bronze: and 1 :gold:(plus :platinum:) to get on PS5. also the main/plat list is 81% so -25.

The 2nd list is at 52% before I kicked that Hunt Brat at last(I hope I won't face that brat as boss again in a long while) so -15

3 :bronze: and 1 :gold: which leave me with 4 :bronze: 1 :silver:.

Also nice Jingliu came home after just 1 10x pull(like Ganyu did in Genshin)

11 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

With Star Rail's PS5 version out, the Trophies that autopop for what I did while waiting, let's see

15 :bronze: 7 :silver: 3 :gold: which leave me with 6 :bronze: and 1 :gold:(plus :platinum:) to get on PS5. also the main/plat list is 81% so -25.

The 2nd list is at 52% before I kicked that Hunt Brat at last(I hope I won't face that brat as boss again in a long while) so -15

3 :bronze: and 1 :gold: which leave me with 4 :bronze: 1 :silver:.

Also nice Jingliu came home after just 1 10x pull(like Ganyu did in Genshin)

Isn't it written in the rules/scoring sections of the OP that auto-popped trophies do not count for score?

2 minutes ago, acasser said:

Isn't it written in the rules/scoring sections of the OP that auto-popped trophies do not count for score?

Yes, that post was made to help me remember the percentage the game was in after the autopop so 81%(-25) and 52%(-15)

Completions #40 & #41

Super Bullet Break

Pretty fun, unique stategy RPG. Extremely RNG based though, at least a third of the 25 hour completion time was spent reloading saves to get specific items/waifus.

75 + (1xG, 3xS, 8xB) = 95 - 5.08 + 50 speed run (1st) + 125 seasonal stacker (#4) = 264.92

Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD

This game was a much more thorough 'de-make' of FFXV than I was expecting. Chibi graphics and simplified, linear levels but everything story/dialogue/character-wise was here. I was kind of impressed.

100 + (2xG, 9xS, 40xB) = 170 - 37.11 + 250 series stacker (#10) = 382.89

Seasonal stacker:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by SWWDevereux
  • Like 3

On 10/4/2023 at 2:10 PM, Arctic Cress said:

and the Gems of War DLCs:

Underworld Update

(1 gold) 6 pts

Tower of Doom Update

(1 silver) 2 pts

Team Sharing Update

(1 bronze) 1 pt

Medal of Seasons Update

(1 bronze) 1 pt

Heroic Gems Update

(1 bronze) 1 pt

The Legends Reborn Update

(2 bronze, 2 silver) 6 pts

The Lost Souls of Carmina Update

(2 bronze, 1 silver, 1 gold) 10 pts

The Treasures & Temptations Update

(3 bronze) 3 pts

All the other scores have been added. The Gems of War game was one game that has been agreed shouldn't be classed as an RPG, so it sadly will not score points.

Good scoring with the rest though and I know some more will come from @blu3st4rdust305 Halloween event too.

On 10/11/2023 at 11:21 AM, Caju_94 said:

Hey there, sorry I haven't been sharing lately, since I haven't really been focusing on the events and haven't been posting. I recently finished Tales of Hearts R, I will do the maths later. Aside from that one, I haven't finished anything else in terms of RPGs. I think I'll probably wait for the next edition of this event and take it more seriously. ;)

Right now I'm focusing on finishing/platinum various unfinished games.

Well I can see 3 games that would qualify (unless someone has more insight than I) which are Haven, Dragon Quest Heroes and Tales of Hearts R. Still worth mentioning them. :)

if there will be a next event from rpg mania next year i wil do more my best to play rpg games i did not have focused on the genre that much and my points with 1 game i completed this year it is not  much so i try at least for some rpg games completions this year and i have given up on the server shutdown games so its not worth doing them next year count me in for sure  

Completion #42

World of Final Fantasy

This game was excellent! I went in with low expectations because I never hear people talk about it and it's always on sale for dirt cheap but it was really enjoyable. I do have an affinity for 'monster collecting' RPGs so it was right up my alley, add onto that the amazing visuals & music and buckets of Final Fantasy fan service, I give this game 8/9 Moogles.

100 + (2xG, 12xS, 34xB) = 170 - 10.33 + 50 speed run (543rd/9201) + 275 series stacker (#11) = 484.67

@Psy-Tychist I noticed you didn't add Super Bullet Break onto my list. Would it not be counted?

Info:

It's a collectable card/character game like Slay the Spire. True Trophies has got them down as the same genre. There is a story mode which has a plot and takes you through randomised levels where your goal is to recruit characters into your party/deck. Some have passive skills that increase your max HP or how many actions you can have per turn etc and some have active skills which can debuff/cause status effects etc on the enemy. Combat is turn based, winning battles lets you choose a card/character from your opponent and you can grinding til you beat the boss. There are numerous types of decks/parties you can build, lots of options for customisation and strategy.

If it doesn't count, World of FF has my fourth seasonal stacker covered:

spacer.png

Edited by SWWDevereux
Typo
  • Like 3

On 10/24/2023 at 11:23 AM, maxfighter23___ said:

if there will be a next event from rpg mania next year i wil do more my best to play rpg games i did not have focused on the genre that much and my points with 1 game i completed this year it is not  much so i try at least for some rpg games completions this year and i have given up on the server shutdown games so its not worth doing them next year count me in for sure  

Don't panic too much on specifically doing RPG's, just have fun with games you want to play. If they include RPG's then great.

On 10/25/2023 at 3:52 PM, SWWDevereux said:

@Psy-Tychist I noticed you didn't add Super Bullet Break onto my list. Would it not be counted?

Info:

It's a collectable card/character game like Slay the Spire. True Trophies has got them down as the same genre. There is a story mode which has a plot and takes you through randomised levels where your goal is to recruit characters into your party/deck. Some have passive skills that increase your max HP or how many actions you can have per turn etc and some have active skills which can debuff/cause status effects etc on the enemy. Combat is turn based, winning battles lets you choose a card/character from your opponent and you can grinding til you beat the boss. There are numerous types of decks/parties you can build, lots of options for customisation and strategy.

If it doesn't count, World of FF has my fourth seasonal stacker covered:

I haven't fully updated the form yet and I wanted to check the details on the game before just adding it to the spreadsheet. Shouldn't be a problem when I get around to it though.

• Like 1

22nd update:

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion: 100+(6x3+2x5+1x42)70-40.63+50(Speedrun 98/2077)+175(series #7)+100(seasonal #3)=454.37

Rogue Legacy 2: 100+(6x4+2x13+1x20)70-12.38+50(Speedrun 26/299)+125(seasonal #4)=332.62

Crisis core pumpkins

Spoiler

Well, enemies are called pumpkins (and jack o lantern also) supposed to be scary? they look happy onion to me 🤣

Crisiscore.png

Rogue Legacy 2 pumpkins

Spoiler

There pumpkins in this one. The devs made Oct 26 - Nov4 theme and pumpkins are everywhere! seriously too many for 30 hours

Ro-L2pumpkin1.jpg

Ro-L2pumpkin2.jpg

• Like 3