Gameplay & Impressions?

amebapiko

Hi guys, I have already played this for several days. I am sure the most difficult trophy is the spirit master! Never mislead by the title...free all area means you need defeat all the red spot boss on earth. And to unlock the red spot area, you need to occupy the blank/white area...That means you maybe need to free all the square...at least over 250....For nomarl player it seems achievale but...but...but!!!!!! That will take long long time. Because the further you go the stronger boss will be! For the boss over level 30, most of them have over 10000 hp. And for 1 min your spirits will only recover 5hp! I can get 11/12 trophy within 20-25days but .... for the spirit master trophy.....it will be a dream for me as least within 1 year.

It is not a bad game but if you want to 100% the trophy, please have a think before you play.

Edited by Last-Arceus

Hi guys, I have already played this for several days. I am sure the most difficult trophy is the spirit master! Never mislead by the title...free all area means you need defeat all the red spot boss on earth. And to unlock the red spot area, you need to occupy the blank/white area...That means you maybe need to free all the square...at least over 250

It's 504 areas (it's a 14x36 grid).

Also, this trophy means conquering each and every area. Only beating the zone boss should not count, because you can easily beat a zone without beating all individual areas in it (luckily, you can go back to any area, previously conquered or not). I know because I only conquered two squares in my 2nd zone and already unlocked that zone's boss battle.

Yeah, i fear it will be the hot topic for another 3 or 4 weeks and then the majority will jump off. I guess i will login daily to get the free stuff and one spirit and play mainly when there are Raids going. Hopefully the time when every enemy is too strong to defeat will not come too soon, but i think the time will come where only SR´s with the highest level can bring you victory...so a lot of grinding stones, summoning and merging will be needed.

Edited by Heartless1988

This game is a huge grind, but at least because of how it plays, I can play something else on PS3 at the same time, so someday I will get the 100%... at least I'm aiming for that (and I only have 20 or so freed areas, 2 zone bosses defeated.. mainly because my spirits are lacking a lot on the Fire and Metal departments...)

This game is a huge grind, but at least because of how it plays, I can play something else on PS3 at the same time, so someday I will get the 100%... at least I'm aiming for that (and I only have 20 or so freed areas, 2 zone bosses defeated.. mainly because my spirits are lacking a lot on the Fire and Metal departments...)

The grind gets a lot easier once you can perma-farm a nearby area, preferrably a single mission with 2-3 sets of enemies that you one-shot with your primary team.  Play another game while grinding that on a Great Blessing day and after a few hours you'll have enough Spirit Stones to summon 200+ times.  Then you can start the grind for multiple teams worth of spirits.

Big tip:  Once you can do this, take all your uncommons you get from spam summoning.  Merge the same (exact same, not just same element) uncommons together.  When you do this, they get bonus ATK, SPD, and HP that you cannot get in any other way.  This stacks up to +120 HP, +60 ATK, and +60 SPD for uncommons.  This can put on par (at least at even levels) with many rares and even some of the less powerful super rares.

Focus on leveling up rares that have strong supports as your lead spirit, and then use your super-merged uncommons in the other spots.  Swap them as needed.  The biggest grind in this game is the time waiting for healing, and once you have a huge stockpile of uncommons with full bonus stats you're able to keep going much longer between healing periods.

EDIT:  Example of a fully maxed uncommon (Lvl 35 with full bonus stats)

IV1FMDZ.jpg

Sure, there are better rares (and even UCs) out there, but it's 2.0 spirit cost, it's not WEAK, and it took $0 to get.  One day of Great Blessing got him from Lvl 1 to Lvl 35 + full bonus.  I also have a few other spirits that are close from that same day (low 20s with max or near-max bonuses).

Edited by Eleuthria
  • Like 1

@Eleuthria

What you mean by "full bonus"?

How to get the full bonus?

As I posted, when you merge the two spirits with the same name it gains bonus stats, those blue numbers in parenthesis.  You don't need to exclusively level them with that spirit as shadaik mentioned.  There is a cap, but it does take about 20 of the same spirit (for uncommons) to max out the bonuses.  After that you just level them as usual, and break the level limits 2 times (for uncommons) to raise the max level from 15 to 35 by merging a lvl 1 copy of the same spirit with it after it hits 15 (MAX) and 25 (MAX).

The cap for all Uncommon spirits is 120 HP, 60 ATK, and 60 SPD.  For most uncommons, this is a 20-30% bonus for ATK/SPD compared to their max level without bonus stats, a very sizeable bonus.  The benefit to focusing on this is it forces you to focus on multiple spirits, giving you bench warmers so you can swap them out as their HP dwindles, maximizing your playtime between waiting for HP to restore.

Edited by Eleuthria

Nice!

Was wondering what those numbers meant.. seams like I will be doing a new Pixie to lvl 20 (Common max level...), and will also do 2 other uncommons from scratch...

Really liking some spirits artwork.

Edit: And in regards to getting some good grinding spots, well I already got a few, but I have been stuck on average luck for some time (1st day great luck, 2 days after bad luck, after that I got 1 Blessing and all other days Average luck...).. even with this I still managed to easily grind over 30k white stores (forgot the name), and get some really nice things (Pandora lvl 35, Tisiphone lvl 28, Skuld lvl 29, Cernunnos lvl 20 and Pixie lvl 20)..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Here's an example of another uncommon spirit (spirit stone summon in the US) when leveled to max with full bonus stats:

5os3LVn.jpg

This one has quite a bit better stats than the other.

I have 1 or 2 questions about this.

Does Jokers, Princes (same element as the target spirit) and the like also give this bonus when used outside limit break, or we really can only use the same spirits to get full bonus?

And also to get max bonus can we use a Joker for limit break, or not?

As far as I am aware, Jokers do not provide bonus stats. Princes and Queens do not.

To get the full bonus, you don't need to *exclusively* merge the same copy of the spirit together til max level. It generally takes about 10-20 same spirit mergers to reach the max bonus stats (for uncommons). Some spirits go faster than others (spirits with very low base speed tend to get a smaller bonus to speed, meaning you'll need to merge more of them in order to hit the +60 cap on it). These merges can happen at any time between 1 and max level.

You cannot obtain bonus stats once the spirit is at the absolute level cap. You will also not receive bonus stats when merging with a copy of itself in order to limit break it.

Ok, got it, thanks.

I'm starting to work on some for max stats, including 2 or 3 Rares, so I really wanted to make sure I had all options available (and for some odd reason when I'm griding some areas to get orbs and some area specific spirits that I want, I end up getting quite a few princes.. currently have 5 of those..).

As for different spirits get bonus at different rates, ya, I already saw it with my Pixie, at the start she wasn't getting any attack bonus at all..

Note: Tisiphone (UC, Earth) is really a powerhouse, even without bonus points. more or less the same for Skuld (UC, Water).