0 to Plat in 2023

Thermopyle2

8 hours ago, aarnettbraun said:

I created a new account on PlayStation recently. @Thermopyle2 confirmed how every trophy in Marvel’s Avengers can be earned without multiplayer. Does it still apply after September 30, 2023? Can you also still migrate your save from the PlayStation 4 to the PlayStation 5 after said date?

It's playable entirely offline now, the September deadline is just when the game gets delisted. You still can continue to play online if you wish, however, and that is true after the September 30 deadline, as per their blog post:
https://avengers.crystald.com/en-us/final-update-on-the-future-of-marvels-avengers/

Regarding the save migrations, I've not been able to find any official word on that. I expect it will be fine, but perhaps not. Without an official post from it I wouldn't want to bet on it one way or the other.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thermopyle2 said:

It's playable entirely offline now, the September deadline is just when the game gets delisted. You still can continue to play online if you wish, however, and that is true after the September 30 deadline, as per their blog post:
https://avengers.crystald.com/en-us/final-update-on-the-future-of-marvels-avengers/

Regarding the save migrations, I've not been able to find any official word on that. I expect it will be fine, but perhaps not. Without an official post from it I wouldn't want to bet on it one way or the other.

Thank you! Should the trophies be available to earn in Marvel’s Avengers for the foreseeable future then?

On 10/12/2023 at 8:39 PM, aarnettbraun said:

Is the information that you provided for experience points with factions still accurate in Marvel’s Avengers after September 30, 2023, @Thermopyle2? There were suggestions how you can only earn experiences points for factions by freeing prisoners now.

Nobody has posted a thread otherwise on either stack and September 30th shouldn't have had any impact on the gameplay--that was just when the game stopped being for sale as far as I know.

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2023 at 4:49 PM, Thermopyle2 said:

Since there's so much mixed information due to changes over time since launch, I just wanted to give a brief mini-guide on how to run through the trophy requirements pretty minimally.

To start, some basic info about the character XP:
While some enemies do give XP when being killed, more of your XP comes from clearing an entire group of enemies. Once you do that, you'll see a brief animation freeze that indicates the combat has finished and you'll get a chunk of post-fight XP. If you kill the last visible enemy and that doesn't happen, hit UP on your d-pad and look around. There might be a straggler up on a ledge that needs to be killed. If you don't see anything quickly, just move on, but it's good to check because post-fight XP can exceed 1000 and that's around 10% of a level even at higher levels.

Only the character you are controlling gains XP. You'll need to get one character to level 50 for a trophy, then switch to other characters to continue getting levels until you have 250 across your roster for another trophy.

For upgrade selections, I suggest carefully looking over the three tabs as some are much more useful than others. If you're not using dodge/block very often, the upgrades that let you attack from those states aren't going to do you any good. If you're not sprinting in the middle of fights, then sprint attack options aren't useful either. I suggest going for the basic light/heavy/ranged combos, some of the energy trophies if they're useful, and then focusing your upgrades in the Specialty/Mastery trees as I found those to be much more impactful. Anything that drops heroic orbs is great, anything that lets you use your assault/support moves more times is great, otherwise use your judgement based on the character.

Some basic info about combat:

The AI is bad about handling turrets and flyers, both of which can shoot missiles that stagger you and interrupt your attacks, or can hit you with elemental debuffs or make enemies invulnerable to harm. I suggest starting every encounter with a quick kill of the turrets and then keeping an eye on the drones and other flying enemies before you switch to the ground units.

When you hit enemies with enough attacks they'll become stunned, at which point you can trigger a takedown move (triangle+circle.) Takedowns do a lot of damage and you're invulnerable during them, plus every takedown gives you a good boost to health. Due to that, upgrades and weapons that do stun damage can be great, especially in a group, as you can trigger multiple takedowns sequentially which gives you some nice breathing room in the middle of a fight.

Some basic info about faction XP:
Once you've progressed to a certain point in the initial campaign (Reassamble), you'll get access to a faction coordinator that will let you take 8 daily faction assignments that give 200xp each, as well as a single-run daily quest that will give ~1250xp. There are two factions; Shield and Inhumans. In addition to the faction XP, the assignments and quests are your biggest source of polychoron, which you'll need in order to upgrade your major relic. Maxing out a major relic gives you a trophy, and it also lets you get from the gear level 140 to gear level 150 which pops another trophy--be sure to stick to one character and artifact as it takes a lot to upgrade a major relic all the way. So as soon as the faction quests become available, be sure to accept the assignments every day (there's a trophy for doing 100), and I also suggest doing the daily villain sector quest (there will also be a vault quest for the other faction, but those suck and you have to do 15 villain sectors for another trophy anyway.) You'll need to get to faction level 25 in one of the two factions and the dailies are your main source of that XP, so this trophy is time-gated and starting this as early as possible is ideal. 

Now that the game is offline, you can change your clock a day ahead whenever you've finished your faction missions. This will let you get 8 more missions and the quest for each so you can quickly grind those out while doing the other content. 

Some basic info about power levels:
Power levels in the gear are just a reference to your character's overall gear score. It has nothing to do with character level--you can have PL 150 on a level 1 character. Every time you open a chest, or every time you buy a piece of equipment from a vendor, you'll want to immediately go into your character screen (touchpad) and hold L2 to force the highest-PL gear to be equipped. This will cause the next chest or the vendor gear to be updated to match your new PL--all new gear you get is based off the PL of your currently-equipped gear. If your equipped gear has an average PL of 40, anything new you pick up should be at or slightly above 40. Every upgrade raises your PL slightly, which raises your next gear pickup slightly as well.

You might be tempted to look at the individual characteristics of your gear, but realistically it doesn't matter until you max out at power level 140, at which point you'll want to start comparing attributes to make sure you get the best bonuses for your play style of that character.

Power levels are meaningless as far as actual gameplay goes, generally, as enemies scale to yours. There are minimum PL requirements for most events, however, so you will need to raise your PL in order to access the non-campaign missions later on. There are easy maps you can access and simply do chest runs in--run to the first chest, open and equip the content to raise  your PL, run to the next chest, repeat. Optionally if you have already been playing and you're switching to power-leveling a new character, you can do vendor runs to quickly upgrade your gear that way (this isn't possible early on due to lack of money for purchases.)

Once in a while, go in and scrap all your lower-PL gear. This will give you back money and also prevents new gear drops from being shoved into a box where L2 doesn't auto-equip them.

With the basics aside, the roadmap:

1. Play through the Operations: Reassemble Part 1: Reassemble campaign. All of your story trophies come from here and you'll get a number of miscellaneous combat and collection trophies as well. Simply follow the Avengers questline (those quests are marked with an 'A' and ignore the faction and character quests--we'll get to those later.) As you are going through the quests, in any section without fighting, keep an eye out for info items scattered around on tables and such as you need 50 of them. You likely won't get 50 during the campaign, but there are easy ways to get more later. Open any chests you see.
  2. Once you're done with the Avengers questline and Kamala's story, stay in the Part 1 campaign menu--it's time to do character and faction quests, which gives you some easy miscellaneous trophies and grinding for vaults/chests/rescues.
    1. If you haven't already gotten Seeing Stars (Complete a quest objective without anybody taking damage), the easy place to do it is in the Shield Protocol questline, in the Secrets Within mission. Play it as Iron Man (or another character who can fly.) The first two mission objectives require combat, and then the third objective will be 'Reach Shield Bunker.' Simply fly directly to the objective, land, and hit the objective point and the trophy should pop. If you somehow receive damage and it doesn't pop, reload the mission.
    2. For Savior of the People (save 100 prisoners), Treasure Trove (open 50 cache strongboxes), Breaking and Entering (break into 30 depots), A Surprise Every Time (open 100 strongboxes), and progress towards Information Overload (collect 50 intelligence files), replay the mission Day of the Remains in the Inhuman quest chain. Follow the guide here to open the first Shield vault, then follow the steps here for the chests, rescues, depot, and the other shield vault. Once you rescue the last AIM agent, exit to the Quinjet and re-start the mission. If you finish the mission (Objective: Defeat 2 Adaptoids) the mission will disappear and you won't be able to run it anymore. So don't finish it unless you want to lose this easy grind method.
    3. Complete the Iconic Avengers and A Global Offensive mission chains.
    4. Go to the War Table, hit UP on the d-pad, and switch to the Avengers Initiative: War Zones. Switch to challenge level 1 (square for difficulty settings) and run a sabotage mission (brown icon, description will say something about taking something out, then 'Get in, do the job, come home!') for Trying on Perfection (100% rating with no team members going down) and More Important Things to Do (complete any mission in under 3 minutes.) For the specific mission, I suggest Pacific Northwest - Exo Hydraulics Foundry, if available. It may take a few tries to get both trophies.
    5. Switch to difficulty challenge 4 and re-do the above sabotage mission for The Best Around (100% rating on a challenge IV War Zone.)
    6. Do an Elite Heroic Hive at challenge level 1 for Truly Elite
    7. Do HARM challenges 1-V for Old Fashioned Beat Down.
  3. At this point, the only trophies you have left should be the grindy stuff. Here's our roadmap for that:
    1. Pick a character to main to character level 50 (Time to Shine), power level 150 (On the Mountaintop), and major artifact +10 (Muahahahaha!). I suggest sticking with Kamala. She's got some really good group handling with her spin fist move, embiggen is great for multiple reasons, she can do lots of stun damage for constant takedowns and heroic orbs, and she has a healing support ability. Once you get her to character level 50 she should stay in your companion group for the rest of the game as she constantly drops heroic orbs and heals you up in that role.
    2. Continue doing the daily faction assignments and faction villain sector quests for Tentative Peace (complete 15 villain sectors) and Group Effort (level 25 in a faction.)
    3. Start running hives at challenge level 3 as you need to complete 50 for To the Dark and Back Again, and 30 challenge 3s for Holding it Down (complete 30 war zones at challenge 3 or higher). Hive progress seems to reset or not always count, so you might need to do more than 50. I recommend Pacific Northwest - Forest Hive, as it has the lowest PL requirement. Once you pop Holding it Down, begin doing everything on challenge 1. Hives should take 10-15 minutes at this point.
    4. When your character has a rare or better item at 140, you can get Investing in the Future with these steps:
      1. Go into your character gear in the category that you have a PL 140 item (let's say chest items for this example.)
      2. Click R2 on an item that is below 140 in the same category (another rare chest item with > 100 PL. Say one that is at PL 134.)
      3. Hold R2 over the level 140 PL chest item to consume it and upgrade the PL134 chest to PL140 and the trophy should pop.
    5. Once you have a character to level 50, begin running hives with other characters for the eventual goal of Back in Business (reach 250 hero levels across your roster.) Hives give fast, consistent XP for that. For Pacific Northwest - Forest Hive you'll need a minimum PL of 40 to run it, but that can be quickly gotten to by buying gear upgrades in stores or running chests in Eastern Seaboard - Enter the Avengers. If you don't already have Information Overload (collect 50 intelligence files), I suggest your second character be Spider-Man. His heroic quest chain is mostly doing things in combat or talking to a character in the Ant Hill, and running through his chain gives you 14 intelligence files. After Spider-Man, or if you already have Information Overload, I suggest Lady Thor as her ranged hammer throws are very OP and her 3 heroic moves are all very good. She also gives additional info files in her quest line for combat objectives.
    6. Once you've finished To the Dark and Back Again, if you still have additional hero levels to get, I suggest running the Snowy Tundra - Beating the Odds villain sector. Once you get to the end boss, the boss will begin making clones. Simply leave your game idling (or turbo square, L1, and R1 if you have a way to do that.) The clone deaths from your team AI, and from your turbo if you have that on, will give you constant XP, and when you die you'll immediately respawn into the same fight. I left it running while working and went from level 10 to level 30 on a character, then did the same with another.

What about the Taking Aim, Future Imperfect, and War for Wakanda campaigns (Parts 2-4)?

There are no trophies directly involved in any of that content. If you want to do it, go for it--and in fact if you want the Avengers story to make sense you do have to play them. The main enemy and plot introduced in Part 1 doesn't get any real attention and resolution until later campaigns. The above roadmap is just for getting the plat, which only requires Part 1: Reassemble, and then the rest is doable within the War Zones mode.

Why bother writing this? There's already two trophy guides.

Just to address some of the outdated info and give a focused look on how to get through the content in a way that minimizes running around looking for trophy strats or how to minimize overall effort. The new characters (Spider-Man, Lady Thor, and Winter Soldier in particular as they don't have actual campaigns to distract your efforts) and heroic campaigns make the info files no real concern, and the inability to replay story missions without resetting an entire campaign (like with the Seeing Stars trophy, or the Remains of the Days mission.) I spent a decent amount of time checking different sites trying to find up-to-date info, so this is a single place to shove everything.

Was this helpful, unhelpful? Any suggestions for a better approach on something? Let me know.

What is the quickest hive to complete? Also, my highest character, Iron Man, is sitting at power level 140 and not budging. I do not understand how to get to power level 150 for the trophy. I was only able to upgrade one gear piece from 130 something to 140, and it is not letting me upgrade anything over 140 and not getting any gear drops over 140. I went into a hive thinking maybe they drop there, but all I'm getting is 140 drops now and everything I have equipped is all 140.

There is definitely some sort of soft reset as far as trophies go.

I have completed the game bar two trophies (well 1 now). Today I worked on missions to do the rescue 100 operatives.

The trophy did not pop till I rescued my 100th operative, TODAY.. bearing in mind i had saved countless one during campaign. So at some point it reset my trophy progress.

I really hope it hasnt done that for hives

11 hours ago, daveM12DIM said:

I have completed the game bar two trophies (well 1 now). Today I worked on missions to do the rescue 100 operatives.

The trophy did not pop till I rescued my 100th operative, TODAY.. bearing in mind i had saved countless one during campaign. So at some point it reset my trophy progress.

I am keeping track of the 50 hives right now. I'm at 15 out of 50 so far. I thought maybe the power level was glitched for my Iron Man but it just turned out that I forgot to finish upgrading my artifact lol.

My gut feeling is that as others have reported elsewhere, there is a reset whenever a new patch goes out.

The last patch was August of this year, and that would make sense. I stopped playing campaign in about July and only picked it up again yesterday to grind out the last two trophies.

So If my trophy progress was reset with that patch in August, then it makes sense that it took exactly 100 rescues yesterday to pop.

The good news, would at least be new players wont be affected by this.

The bad news is, my Hive count may have been reset to 0 :D

On 12/10/2023 at 9:22 PM, daveM12DIM said:

It's definitely weird and inconsistent. I've earned the 50 Cache Strongboxes trophy even though I only got 13 after the weekly reset, yet I've still not earned the 100 Prisoner Rescues despite me farming for gear by spamming the Days of the Remains mission to completion before it ended up being patched out.

My HIVE count is about 20/50 right now too, I'm going to continue going at my own pace and I'll update if I've reached 50 and still haven't received the trophy.

fwiw, i now have the 50 hives

I did them

+ All between friday and wednesday to avoid potential thursday rollover

+ Did them all with the same character (black widow)

+ did solely forest hive

and

+ did them all on challenge 1

I wasnt taking any chances and did everything i could come up with :D