0 to Plat in 2023

Thermopyle2

3 hours ago, MrTulike said:

That is really helpful, thanks! Any suggestions on which character to main or they are all viable?

I found Kamala and Lady Thor to be very easy. Kamala has moves that do large amounts of stun damage in an area, which makes it easy to attack a group of enemies and then spam takedowns, which then restores your health while you're invincible and also triggers heroic orb drops (with the right character upgrade) at which point you can trigger embiggen or the hand slap which do high damage and stun and drop more heroic orbs.

Lady Thor's basic attack for me was just throwing the hammer over and over. Since it hits enemies on the return, flat shields are no use (enemies facing you get hit from behind), and the hammer itself knocks enemies away which makes for easy control of the crowds. Her special abilities do good group damage as well--the assault ability is a bunch of lightning damage in front of her which can take out large crowds in a single shot while restoring your assault heroics (with the right upgrade) so you can use it fast repeatedly. Her hammer throw does an area attack that hits all enemies for 30 seconds or whatever. And her support attack works pretty well, too.

Male Thor's range attack is the same, but his heroics aren't as good.

Spiderman is also a good character to play (plus he has that 14 info file mission chain), and Kate Bishop has some really nice moves as well. If you hold down square she'll shoot a smoke arrow that does high stun damage, which lets you chain takedowns like crazy. Combine that with some of her other moves and she's quite fun despite being relatively fragile.

• Like 1

Savior of the People you'll actually get quite a few of by running hives. It's pretty common for one of the stages to be a thing where you have to protect three AIM scientists who are defecting, and those count towards the trophy. If you finish the hives without having that trophy you can just run the Eastern Seaboard - Enter the Avengers mission which always has one to rescue and sometimes a second. I suggest this map for running chests to increase your PL in the guide, so while doing that you should also rescue the person in the map as well (they'll be on your objective display.)

For Treasure Trove, there's also Pacific Northwest - Stark Realities. I also completed Day of the Remains without meaning to and Stark Realities is what I ran as a replacement. 

Edited by Thermopyle2
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Thermopyle2 said:

Savior of the People you'll actually get quite a few of by running hives. It's pretty common for one of the stages to be a thing where you have to protect three AIM scientists who are defecting, and those count towards the trophy. If you finish the hives without having that trophy you can just run the Eastern Seaboard - Enter the Avengers mission which always has one to rescue and sometimes a second.

For Treasure Trove, there's also Pacific Northwest - Stark Realities. I also completed Day of the Remains without meaning to and Stark Realities is what I ran as a replacement.

Thanks. Already finished the hives, tried to get that out of the way before the patch (to prevent it from bugging). Doing Stark Realities now for the Caches and it is not too bad (what is, after 50 hives) and then just do the Enter the Avengers mission to finish it off. Also wasn't sure if the scientist counted for the trophy, so I should be quite a bit on my way.

Then just a few more Villain sectors and I should be done with the platinum.

Plat get. 100 aim prisoners literally popped at the next (actual) prisoner I freed, and villain sectors only needed two more. I got my time back. This game was better than I expected, but the grind definitely hurt the experience.

Edited by NewDust
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, AdrenalStone21 said:

What’s an updated time amount with all the updates?

I would also be interested in this info - especially given all the DLC will be free as of the end of this month.

I'm also curious about this Iron Man Variable Threat Battle Suit which is supposed to be available only if you have 1 trophy before the Apr 1 update. I guess I should download and pop one ASAP?

32 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I would also be interested in this info - especially given all the DLC will be free as of the end of this month.

I'm also curious about this Iron Man Variable Threat Battle Suit which is supposed to be available only if you have 1 trophy before the Apr 1 update. I guess I should download and pop one ASAP?

1 hour ago, AdrenalStone21 said:

I'd still say 75+ hours, maybe a bit less if you really only focus on the Platinum. I also spend some time to rank up some challenge cards (free character battle passes) to earn some credits, which come March 31ste would convert into resources, for if I wanted to continue playing the game. Just the 50 hives (while working on challenges) took me a full week of multiple 4~8 hour sessions.

• Like 1

Just now, NewDust said:

I'd still say 75+ hours, maybe a bit less if you really only focus on the Platinum. I also spend some time to rank up some challenge cards (free character battle passes) to earn some credits, which come March 31ste would convert into resources, for if I wanted to continue playing the game. Just the 50 hives (while working on challenges) took me a full week of multiple 4~8 hour sessions.

Thanks for the info - do the Hives have to be done in co-op/online? And how long per Hive? I rarely get multiple hours of free time in a row, so that could be a deal breaker.

1 minute ago, diskdocx said:

Thanks for the info - do the Hives have to be done in co-op/online? And how long per Hive? I rarely get multiple hours of free time in a row, so that could be a deal breaker.

Can be done completely solo, If you focus on one specific hive (Forest Hive - Pacific Northwest, which only has 5 floors, opposed to six) it should take you just a bit under 30 minutes per run.

It is a trophy known to be buggy, so keep a tally just to be certain. Mine popped exactly when it was supposed to.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NewDust said:

Can be done completely solo, If you focus on one specific hive (Forest Hive - Pacific Northwest, which only has 5 floors, opposed to six) it should take you just a bit under 30 minutes per run.

It is a trophy known to be buggy, so keep a tally just to be certain. Mine popped exactly when it was supposed to.

Great, thank you for the info. And @Thermopyle2for the thread.

5 hours ago, AdrenalStone21 said:

As far as I'm aware, the only thing the update makes faster is character leveling with the constant 1.5x XP.

The real grind components are the 50 levels for one character, 250 levels for the roster, and the 50 hives. If with this new update the hive counts work correctly instead of resetting every week or whatever, I would put the total time more in the 40-50 hour range. Running hives takes 10-15 minutes depending on if you go straight to objectives or take time to kill enemies you don't need to (they're good for XP, so that's not a bad choice), so that alone would take you 10-15 hours. The first campaign and character missions are all fairly short and I wouldn't expect them to take more than another 10 (the main mission can easily be done in under 5.) An extra 15 hours is pretty generous for the remainder of the content (villain sectors, chest runs for getting gear levels up, going on the slight side-missions in order to run Spider-man's quest chain for the info files, etc.) and still lands you around 40 hours.

If the hives are still buggy then you could spend a number of hours running them past 50, however. We'll see what people post with this update in place.

Edited by Thermopyle2

10 hours ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

Did you ever run into a problem of not being able to accept daily faction assignments @Thermopyle2? I go to the section to accept the quest and it just says timer reset: 0s and I’m unable to accept them from either faction. 

I did a couple of times, but it was before the latest patch, so I'm not sure if my solution will work for you. What I had to do was close and relaunch the game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

Did you ever run into a problem of not being able to accept daily faction assignments @Thermopyle2? I go to the section to accept the quest and it just says timer reset: 0s and I’m unable to accept them from either faction. 

This is a known issue that occurs with the latest patch. They say it will be fixed with a hotfix that will be released tomorrow, April 4th.

https://avengers.crystald.com/en-us/patch-notes-v2-8/

• Like 1

I'm going to start this game in a few days but I don't like to play the whole story first and then the side quests, I usually mix it up trying to vary it as much as possible. Can this cause bugs?

Also I have doubts about the difficulty, I don't want a walk in the park and I would start at Brutal and then lower the difficulty if necessary. Can the constant changes of difficulty cause bugs?

Have they released the April 4th update?

Edited by NicholasMondiale

7 hours ago, NicholasMondiale said:

I'm going to start this game in a few days but I don't like to play the whole story first and then the side quests, I usually mix it up trying to vary it as much as possible. Can this cause bugs?

Also I have doubts about the difficulty, I don't want a walk in the park and I would start at Brutal and then lower the difficulty if necessary. Can the constant changes of difficulty cause bugs?

Have they released the April 4th update?

It doesn't cause bugs, no. The walkthrough is organized the way it is for the sake of simplicity and for separating out the Shield missions more than anything--and those just for the easy trophies as described.

You can tackle the missions in any order you wish, the roadmap ignores the extra campaigns and extra characters (except for the ones that give info files without having their own story missions to slow things down.) It's organized with the emphasis on getting to the plat as quickly as possible. Doing sidestuff will still contribute to raising your power levels for whatever character you're playing as, and getting the character levels that you need 250 of. So go for it if that's what you want.

The game is pretty easy in the base content and I didn't do the later campaigns or the end-game content, not sure how much you'll get out of it if you're going in looking for a hard time.

No idea on the April update.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/3/2023 at 4:49 PM, Thermopyle2 said:

Was this helpful, unhelpful? Any suggestions for a better approach on something? Let me know.

Thanks for this. I was hesitant to try it with all the reported glitches and complains about grinding, but it seems more doable now. 

I just downloaded the game and will start my journey. Any final recommendation to speed things up?  

1 hour ago, angelbless45 said:

Thanks for this. I was hesitant to try it with all the reported glitches and complains about grinding, but it seems more doable now. 

I just downloaded the game and will start my journey. Any final recommendation to speed things up?  

Main thing is still to focus on the daily faction stuff and the 50 hives (be sure to run them in challenge mode 3 until that trophy pops.) The 250 character levels was a decent grind and probably would have popped after the 50 hives at the time of my post, but now there's a permanent 1.5x XP so the levels might come first.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thermopyle2 said:

Main thing is still to focus on the daily faction stuff and the 50 hives (be sure to run them in challenge mode 3 until that trophy pops.) The 250 character levels was a decent grind and probably would have popped after the 50 hives at the time of my post, but now there's a permanent 1.5x XP so the levels might come first.

Got it! Thank you very much!

On 26/4/2023 at 0:12 PM, Thermopyle2 said:

One question. I just saw people getting the platinum in 2-4 days and my questions is, if there is a daily faction restriction to get polychrons (and the faction trophy), how is it possible to get the platinum that fast if you need would need 640 polys for the the upgrade trophy and you get only 20-22 per day? or am I missing something?

Edited by angelbless45